smokeyman is offline New Member

Lexapro (escitalopram) and sex drive

Has anyone ever taken Lexapro? How did it affect your sex drive?

Machdiesel is offline Anabolic Member
    On a related note, anyone try buspar

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I hated buspar, that stuff made me feel so strange. Doctors will try to put you on that crap first for anxiety before writing an Rx for benzodiazepines. But it does work for some people. Lexapro has had no impact on my sex drive at all. I think they should put this stuff in the water it worked so well. Now Celexa made it where I could not have an orgasm to save my life. All SSRI will have some impact on sex drive. They say that Wellbutrin has the lowest impact but I call BS, I hated that crap.

IMO depression and anxiety have more of an impact on sex drive than the Lexapro. If you are a TRT pt than you will not have a problem. I hope this info helps

sparverius is offline Junior Member
    Buspar works for me. I only need a small amount. It does not work for everyone, especially people who have been on SSRIs. I notice no negative effect on sex drive and no side effects.

Lexapro was great for depression and made me mega productive at work. But I lost interest in sex and could not orgasm. I quit it after a few weeks. Wellbutrin has no negative effect on sex for me.

These drugs are blunt instruments being used to treat problems that medicine does not understand. You have to experiment and see what works for you. As with TRT you need a good doctor who will work with you.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    Most antidepressants will effect sexual drive; luvox is probably the best, lexipro is good in terms of one of the least effect on drive; these are unfortunate side effects

TheRedGinger is offline New Member
    Lexapro killed my SD so much I stopped taking it. Worked with a counselor to find the root of the problem combined with meditation really helped my depression.

Thread Information