David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

blood work in need imput

Any suggestions? Going to see an VA endo a week from Thursday. I do take an SSRI but would think it would lower my prolactin due to SSRI tend to "hijack" dopamine signaling as well launching serotonin signals causing the brain to produce less dopamine.

FOLLITROPIN 0.26 Low mIU/ML 1.27-19.26
    LUTROPIN <.2 Low mIU/ml 1.2-8.6
    PROLACTIN 13.54 High ng/ml 2.64-13.3

TESTOSTERONE 1.96 ng/mL 1.68-7.81 - Increased from 100 mg a week to 200 mg a week
    CALCIDIOL 35.5 ng/mL 30.0-100.0 switched to Vit D3 from Vit D

I can say I was due a shot of test 2 days before my VA appointment but I was taken back at how low my test levels were. I was also surprised they would not do a Estrogen panel. I do take zink, DHEA, Pregnenolone, omega 3 and a few others. All other blood looks good.

I do take Stane from AR-R for AI. Just got some real HCG but want an RX from VA. What drugs should I be asking for from them for both AI and Prolactin? Any studies that will help me get what I need. I can always get stuff off the web but VA is cheaper if they will write it. I also have to travel a long way to see the doctor there.

Also for the blood work I know they are going to ask for should I go ahead and give myself a shot 1 or 2 days before I get tested without using any AI for a week or more?
    Last edited by David LoPan; 07-30-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Views: 32 and no replies. Kelkel, MI, others?????

Just to clarify....
    You were supposed to inject test two day before the bloodwork but didn't?
    When was your last injection before you had the bloodwork?

Blog Entries
    The VA is bad about not putting anyone on TRT. They actually told me that my test levels were within normal limits, I told them for a 90 year old man maybe. I was about 7 days since my last Test injection. My Rx was 100 mg every 5 day. Now its 200 mg every 7 days. Funny thing is now I take a shot 2 times a week I feel much better. Taking 75 mg every 3 to 4 days.
    These levels is what I was not expecting.
    FOLLITROPIN 0.26 Low mIU/ML 1.27-19.26
    LUTROPIN <.2 Low mIU/ml 1.2-8.6
    PROLACTIN 13.54 High ng/ml 2.64-13.3
    Now like I said, would like to get HCG and an AI and I am perplexed with the high prolactin levels. Not sure what to do

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    less doapmine=more prolactin. They have an inverse relationship which is why a dopamine agonist is used to lower PRL.

Darkness is offline Member
    You should get some Prami or Caber right away amigo.

Blog Entries
    A dopamine agonist is a compound that activates dopamine receptors, FML. I am just not thinking. So the SSRI is hijack" dopamine causing increased prolactin. So would you suggest just getting Cabergoline (Dostinex,Cabeser,Caber) is a long active life Dopamine Agonist or the Pramipexole (Mirapex,Mirapexin,Prami) is a shorter active life Dopamine Agonist. It comes dosed from .125mg to 1.5mg tabs. Most common are 1mg tabs which are scored to be split 4 ways. It also comes in 1mg liquid form. Due to its active life Pramipexole should be dosed daily. (yes, I read . . . thanks JimmyInkedup for your sticky)

Should I wait until the endo and hope he puts me on something or just order something online. I know AR-R is the fastest way but that would mean Prami.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    When it comes to prescribed meds you are on under a Dr's supervision I am hesitant to give you advice and then you start tampering with the protocol the Doc is treating you with man. Seratonin and dopamine are potent neurotransmitters & precursors. You cant just treat this as a physical issue as obviously the entire reason for the ssri was not to treat a physical issue in the first place.
    Let me ask you this, what issues are your PRL levels causing you?

Blog Entries
    First off I want to say feel free to say what every you would like. I want to be able talk to the doctor and make sure I know what I am wanting. I know you are not giving medical advice and I do what the protocol the doctor says.

You mean other than the milk coming out my nipples. j/k Hypogonadism and low testosterone are the main ones. I was recently dx Osteopenia. A little sexual dysfunction with the inability to orgasm but there is interest there with no ED at all. Have been having headaches and feeling tired. Other than that nothing.

I have taken Prami in the past but that was only when I was on a tren cycle. I had none of these problems them. I am a guy and I hate going to the doctor. Being a nurse might raise this level of not wanting to see a doctor much as well. Now I am going to the VA we are playing with a totally different set up rules and possible new medications. But when it comes to low T and other related factors the VA is not up on this. From what I have seen the more you know what you want going in the better off you are. That is why I was also asking about E2 and having them give me an RX for an AI, should I just not take any AI and take my test.

Side note - Nocturnal Seizures but that was due to a TBI. When I called and spoke with my neurologist he said that my blood work has always come back with higher than normal but they did shoot up with I had one at a hospital a while back. The neurologist was melancholy about these levels and treating them. Reason I am changing the neurologist.

Blog Entries
    SSRI is now low dose (1/2 the recommend tx dose). Rx for PTSD and Depression related to military.

Thread Information