RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!

Blood work non hormone, doc says i am fine

A little history. I have been dealing with bad muscle knots and spasms for a while now. Knots have been in my calves for a few months now. Went into general doc to see about blood work. My labs are pretty much normal but there are some that are close to the high. Symptoms seem to show dehydration. I stay thirsty all the time but feel as though I get adequate water intake, maybe I am wrong. I am an asthmatic as well and have broken my right numerous bone twice, both bone cyst related. I mention that because of the high but not above normal BUN/Creatinine Ratio, Carbon Dioxide, and calcium. My TSH is on the lower side of norm but still normal I guess. Any help is appreciated!

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    Electrolyte invalance comes to mind, potassium intake, salt intake, water,

Do u work outside?
    Diabetic on a low sodium diet?

Cramps and such as ive recently found out myself is caused by an inbalance of electrolytes, either too much salt or to little in the diet coupled w any other health issues u may have?

Just my .02 from my most recent issues w cramps and knotting of the calves, quads

work inside and it is not so much cramps as it is knots. my knots are continuous, still there with no relief in sight! it literally feels like i have eggs in my calves. i tried supplementing magnesium, calcium, vit D3, massages, acupuncture, soaks, and now trying muscle relaxers.

Bump

bumpity

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    Have u tried taurine at all? From what ive researched taurine is great at helping balance magnesium and calcium and other stuff as well as heling with cramps and perhaps knots?

Have u tried trigger point therapy with a specialized stick? They seem to work out well?

Also do the knots go away by themselves? And just come and go?

Is there a specific time of day they seem to happen most and if so what r u regularly doing during that time??

Quote Originally Posted by j2048b View Post
    Have u tried taurine at all? From what ive researched taurine is great at helping balance magnesium and calcium and other stuff as well as heling with cramps and perhaps knots? Have u tried trigger point therapy with a specialized stick? They seem to work out well? Also do the knots go away by themselves? And just come and go? Is there a specific time of day they seem to happen most and if so what r u regularly doing during that time??
    knots are there all the time, been there for months. it is like my muscle is always tight and hard like an egg. i have tried trigger point therapy and it helps some. i need to get on a good routine with foam rolling. i have tried taurine, but maybe i need to mega dose it to get an effect. i will take a hefty scoop when i get home, along with some magnesium citrate, calcium with d3, and vit c. my left but cheek is also really really tight and i can feel a knot when i sit. i try sitting on a massage ball to loosen it up but it just seems to roll over the ball. i also think my ass needs to sign up for a yoga class, yoga pants!!! i am flexible even with these tight muscles, which makes no sense!

Thread Information