spacemon is offline Junior Member

Question psychologists and TRT

I was wondering if any of you have heard of psychologists or psychiatrists treating patients with TRT? I saw a psychologist a few years ago because of mild depression that I am pretty sure was low T related. He had no problem just throwing anti depressants into my system but never once did a blood test. Anyway, I got to thinking about this tonight and it got me wondering... Got any input or experience with this? It makes me wonder how many men are getting treated with anti depressant drugs and all they need is a little T boost.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No but I have read plenty of reports from people who once they got on TRT they got off all the anti depressant meds.

Yes Testosterone has a LOT to do with mens mood and feeling of well being.

Baxter35 is offline Member
    I don't believe its commonplace yet, but testing for low T is starting to enter the field. Check out bignoknow on YouTube. He's a trt patient who was diagnosed due to depression/anxiety issues and he posts a lot of helpful info on his channel.

Yea bignoknow is one of the reasons I started wondering about this. It's a shame to think about really. I don't think shrinks ever do bloodwork as far as I know.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemon View Post
    Yea bignoknow is one of the reasons I started wondering about this. It's a shame to think about really. I don't think shrinks ever do bloodwork as far as I know.
    Where would the $$$ profit be if they could actually cure someone, especially that easily. It's a lot more cost effective (for profit) to give someone a pill that makes the worse for a given amount of time and then causes them to become dependent on that medication as well as most of the time needing to be prescribed one or two others to battle the side effects from the 1st one only so the person can continue to feel like crap and spend years in therapy.

Sound about right?

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I disagree completely on Low Test becoming the next big thing in medicine....the substances are Schedule 3..... Anti-Ageing clinics are one step away from a congressman making a statement and closing everyone of them.

With that said.

The problem today is that with all the information out there online and in libraries....you might get one in 100,000 that could list the blood tests they need to see if they are somewhat healthy.

I agree with lovebytes..there is no money in curing diabetes...which is what you are going to do with TrT in general unless you have a faulty pancreas. Diabetis..just in Metformin..is a 20 Billion dollar a yar disease to Phizer. I give it 5 years and anti-ageing clinics will be closed doors in the USA>

TO the OP...it is your health. GO get your bloods and bring them back here and post and you got some very sharp people to translate them. They listed my issue less than 30 seconds after posting the labs. Best money you will ever spend

I have my treatment under control and I did not start this thread to ask for any help. Just stating something I have observed and was hoping to start a discussion on. But yes I agree shrinks make their money filling scripts. It just seems unfortunate they don't consider trt as treatment.

Thread Information