Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Juced_porkchop
  • 1 Post By Juced_porkchop

Thread: Injection site issues ? Advisw please

BuzzardMarinePumper is offline Knowledge Member on Prostate Cancer
    Blog Entries

Injection site issues ? Advise please

Been on TRT 2 years now and never had any injection issues ? I have a surface bulge , almost looks like a boil ? Not red not sore unless i really push on it hard and the bulge will go down and then about an hour later right back the same, no fever in the area ?

Does this sound like I may have not got deep enough into the Delt and the injection is just between the skin and the muscle ?

Injection was .70mg of Cypionate with a 25 gauge pin and 1/2 in ? It has ben there now for about 2 weeks ? I thought it would absorbue ?

IMO not an infection due to no fever and not sore ? But welcome experience opinions ? I was thinking about re pinning with a 30 gauge and see if this relieves the build up, additionally what type of fluid in pocket ? So big if I go to Dr., may want to lance with a cut and due to size may have to heal from inside out as opposed to stitches and would mean probable 4 to 6 weeks of no workout ?

THOUGHTS , PLEASE ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 10-27-2014 at 03:50 AM.

Roger11 is offline Member
    Stick a needle in in withdraw, see if any puss or oil or fluids come back into the syringe, first thing id do imo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger11 View Post
    Stick a needle in in withdraw, see if any puss or oil or fluids come back into the syringe, first thing id do imo.
    Thanks man ! That is what I was thinking ? Wanted to see a few more thoughts ? Go to Dr. if appears to be infected and if clear or oil keep a close eye in it and wait to see if red or fever shows up ?

AGAIN THANK YOU Roger11 !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 10-27-2014 at 07:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Help ? ? ? PLEASE ? ? ?

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I don't know, never pin in the delt. I've had that happen in the abdominal area when I've pinned too fast. Back in the day we were supposed to massage the area where you pin. (The glutes). It should go away on its own.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    I don't know, never pin in the delt. I've had that happen in the abdominal area when I've pinned too fast. Back in the day we were supposed to massage the area where you pin. (The glutes). It should go away on its own.

I thought it would gone but after 2 weeks ? Still there and can't tell that it is shrinking, I began to get a little concerned ? It is actually noticable to the point ppl have asked me about it ?

THANKS ! Wow never heard, never do the delts or were you saying you "never do Delts " ? Been doing them for about 8 months now and never had any issue other than a little injection sight soreness ? THANK YOU ALSO !

I get aggraviated pinning my Glutes due to ? Maybe being a little up in years and put on a little size but kinda tuff to get that far back there and still uses a 25 gauge pin and hold steady long enough to inject ? I can order a bigger gauge next box I guess and go to a 1 in. pin ?

I have tried several different areas of Quads and read the threads and researched on line but never can get the Quads correct due to unbearable pain to the point of a limp ? Just a wussy or a dummy ? I guess ? lol ?

THANK YOU ! Beethoven ! ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANYMORE RECOMMENDATIONS OR OPINIONS ?

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 10-27-2014 at 07:26 AM.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Brother, why don't you do subq? It's waaay easier than IM, wether delts or glutes. I know you have a slightly higher dose, just split it up a bit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    Brother, why don't you do subq? It's waaay easier than IM, wether delts or glutes. I know you have a slightly higher dose, just split it up a bit.
    I tried Sub-Q about a year ago when all the different members of this forum were comparing Sub-Q to IM and did Sub-Q for 3 mths and I get my BW every 3 mths . . . or did back then and my Testosterone level dropped over 150 so I went back to IM and it went back up ? I am stable/ balanced now at 650 to 700 at 70mg every 3.5 days and E-2 is between 25 and 30 with .25 Adex every 7 days Oh I still had to stay at a little higher dose even after pain med detox ? Suprised me ? I also take 100 mcg.of HCG daily and everything is great until this injection site issue ?

Like I shared not painful and no fever so unless I hear different npt real concerned ? But have considered lancing myself and draw content into a 32 gauge pin ? Just to see if blood ? oil ? or possible Puss /infection ?
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 10-27-2014 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzardMarinePumper View Post
    [SIZE=2] [FONT=Arial]Oh I still had to stay at a little higher dose even after pain med detox ? Suprised me ?
    Pain meds will lower the production of natural testosterone .
    They will not lower your levels of test in your system since you are taking exogenous testosterone.
    Thus stopping pain meds will have no effect on your testosterone level.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Pain meds will lower the production of natural testosterone .
    They will not lower your levels of test in your system since you are taking exogenous testosterone.
    Thus stopping pain meds will have no effect on your testosterone level.

Thanks for that ! I didn't stop for any TRT related reasons , I just wanted to feel remotely normal and get off the expensive pain meds the Dr. had me taking and I am not in anymore if even as much pain off the opiates !

But I did think that taking them caused me to need 140mg to 160mg a week to be average 650 to 700 Testosterone Level ? Thanks a bunch that explains why I could not back off on my weekly amout after detox ? I still need the same amount as you said ! I have my levels balanced and feeling great ! Especailly for 55

I was more concerned about the knot on my arm for right now though ?

ripped_82 is offline Member
    Is the knot perhaps scar tissue? Does it feel hard? Have you always pinned in the exact same spot?

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Been on TRT 2 years now and never had any injection issues ? I have a surface bulge , almost looks like a boil ? Not red not sore unless i really push on it hard and the bulge will go down and then about an hour later right back the same, no fever in the area ?

Does this sound like I may have not got deep enough into the Delt and the injection is just between the skin and the muscle ?

Injection was .70mg of Cypionate with a 25 gauge pin and 1/2 in ? It has ben there now for about 2 weeks ? I thought it would absorbue ?

IMO not an infection due to no fever and not sore ? But welcome experience opinions ? I was thinking about re pinning with a 30 gauge and see if this relieves the build up, additionally what type of fluid in pocket ? So big if I go to Dr., may want to lance with a cut and due to size may have to heal from inside out as opposed to stitches and would mean probable 4 to 6 weeks of no workout ?

THOUGHTS , PLEASE ?
    dont press on it 1st off. leave it alone.

How often do you pin delts? if its often it could be a sterile abscess . i would give spot 3-4 weeks between shots. if you pin glutes and delts (4 spots) you should be fine.
    I had it happen to me. one delt still has a bit of a buldge and i dont pin there anymore, ina year I may again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped_82 View Post
    Is the knot perhaps scar tissue? Does it feel hard? Have you always pinned in the exact same spot?
    No IMHO it is not scar tissue ? I always pin all around the Delt and switch arms each time ? The reason I know I don't pin in the same spot is because they will still have a little sting left from the previous weeks pin and I log my on system 1234 on a cross or X or T or you get the pic I think ? It rose after a pin and I thought it would go down by the next day and a week later it was still there and now 2 weeks later still there . As I shared no fever , not redness, no tenderness, no pain unless I push on it really hard ? I am still thinking about re pinning and see what may ooose out ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    dont press on it 1st off. leave it alone.

How often do you pin delts? if its often it could be a sterile abscess . i would give spot 3-4 weeks between shots. if you pin glutes and delts (4 spots) you should be fine.
    I had it happen to me. one delt still has a bit of a buldge and i dont pin there anymore, in a year I may again.
    Please restae what the condition you think I may have is ? Sounds like you have experienced it ? I pin left Delt once a week and right Delt once a week ?

I will stop pressing it but it petrudes and look deformed ? Like a muscle exploded in just one spot and I have figured out that it actually is not round but is oval and in running on top of one of the shoulder muscles there are 3 I think ? Again no pain unless I touch hard and no fever , no redness !

I am not big but older and tuff to stabalize pin in Glute with a 25 gauge so I was in hopes to continue using delts until time to reorder pins but I guess I can go to 23 gaged or 22 gauged 1 in. and do glutes ? IMHO I bet it will be hard to get 1mL syringes in 23 or 22 gauge, maybe not I have not looked for anything that big since I started Delts ? I have been alternating Delts for about 13 mths now !

THANK YOU ! PLEASE DESCRIBE THE CONDITION IN DETAIL PLEASE SO I WILL UNDERSTAND AND NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN ?

Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 10-27-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Please restae what the condition you think I may have is ? Sounds like you have experienced it ? I pin left Delt once a week and right Delt once a week ?

I will stop pressing it but it petrudes and look deformed ? Like a muscle exploded in just one spot and I has figured out that it actually is no round but is oval and in running on top of the muscle ? Again no pain unless I touch hard and no fever , no redness !

I am not big but older and tuff to stabalize pin in Glute with a 25 gauge so I was in hopes to continue using delts until time to reorder pins but I guess I can go to 23 gaged or 22 gauged 1 in. and do glutes ? IMHO I bet it will be hard to get 1mL syringes in 23 or 22 gauge, maybe not I have not looked for anything that big since I started Delts ? I have been alternating Delts for about 13 mths now !

THANK YOU ! PLEASE DESCRIBE THE CONDITION IN DETAIL PLEASE SO I WILL UNDERSTAND AND NOT LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN ?

pinning the same spot often besides leading to more build up of scar tissue, also risks build up on unabsorbed oil ( the shot) and pinning the same spot over and over when each week there is a little bit left from the last..... well that can lead to a STERILE ABSCESS.. and also make note that more scar tissue means dulled absorption also.. so you keep slowing down the absorbtion rate from too frequent pinning and adding oil to the spot thats not fully cleared out = worsening the issue.. IMO.

Try pinning quads possibly?

I just putt hot water bottles on the area or kept it under hot shower, in hopes of the heat and blood flow maybe being quicker to reabsorb the tissue build up. but its mostly time that will fix this IF its the same thing as me. I have had it happen 3 times, once in quad and 2 times in delt.. one of the times in delt was bad,, 2 years almost and i still have a small ball i can feel inthere.

also note a STERILE ABSCESS can go SEPTIC and in that case you need to go to ER asap. just dont press or irritate it too much IMO

hope my exp helps, feel free to pm me

ohh and i do rec getting 23g pins that are 1.5" (atleast 1") and use that for glutes, and stand in front of mirror to pin them , its the only way I can do it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Juced_porkchop View Post
    ohh and i do rec getting 23g pins that are 1.5" (atleast 1") and use that for glutes, and stand in front of mirror to pin them , its the only way I can do it.

Thanks so much man ! I think you have the pic ? I not exactly pinning the same spot but the same general area ! So thank you and I will need to pin delts for about 2 more times befor I can get the proper gauge and legnth and I will just buy another 100 and add to my collection !

I pinned glutes as the only spot for 8 year 35 years ago, lol and I was a lot more flexiable then did the same this just made a cross and never pinned the same spot 2 weeks in a row !

I assume an infected septic abces will get red hot and sore ? That is what I have been watching for very close !

THANK YOU SO MUCH !

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY MORE DETAILED INFO I WOULD COUNT A HUGE FAVOR BUT I GET THE IDEA OF WHAT TO DO !
    Last edited by BuzzardMarinePumper; 10-27-2014 at 02:09 PM.

Thread Information