CanadianIck is offline New Member

subcutaneous vs intramuscular testosterone

Hi guys,

So I've been on HRT for the past 2-3 years and for the last 2 I have been self administering my own HCG and Testosterone injections. I have been injecting the HCG subcutaneously in my stomach and testosterone (delatestryl) subcutaneously as well in the side of my thigh as directed by my doctor.

I have always been curious though as to why I was instructed to inject the testosterone subcutaneously and have been a bit too nervous to ask my doctor why (doctor doesn't have the best bedside manner). I was wondering if any of you have first hand with both methods and what method you prefer and get the best results from.

Sorry if this topic has been beaten to death, I did a quick search on the forums and hadn't found a thread posted about it. I also have been searching the answer on actual search engines and there is a lot of people on either side of the fence about this topic, so it's hard to find a concrete answer.

Thanks in advance for any responses on the topic.

ppwc1985 is offline Productive Member
    I started on IM, but thinking about poking holes in my muscle for the rest of my life wasn't something I was ok with. Plus IM is a little more demanding. I tried subq and I love it, it's easier on me and my body. My levels stayed the exact same. I pin in my thigh areas with test and stomach area with Hcg . I am going to start pinning both at once here in the next week.

Some ppl don't get the same results, so I think it is personal preference.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I have done both and at my dosage I really haven't felt a difference. It's a personal choice. There are many who swear on subq, and it is easier than IM for some but not a big deal for me.

MisterD is offline Junior Member
    Ive been on TRT for several years now and I also did IM in my glute and It started to hurt due to the scaring in the muscle. 1 month ago I start SubQ and I love it. I use a 31 gauge in my stomach and you cant feel anything, dam its less painful than a mosquito bite.

Im really hoping my levels come back good cause if it was me I would stay on SubQ forever.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    my opinion if i ever do pin, is to go subq from the get go- its more comfortable, get bloods done and adjust all ancillaries to suit your preference until you hit your optimal protocol.

then stick with it. simple and not rocket science- IM is for the old school crowd- no real reason to pursue it unless you dig the pain.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    my opinion if i ever do pin, is to go subq from the get go- its more comfortable, get bloods done and adjust all ancillaries to suit your preference until you hit your optimal protocol.

then stick with it. simple and not rocket science- IM is for the old school crowd- no real reason to pursue it unless you dig the pain.
    Never really had pain from IM. Subq is more easy than IM but not more painful. I do subQ when I pin more than once a week.

headkick is offline New Member
    i subq cyp. I wont even consider IM ever. Just no point as far as i am concerned.

Thread Information