vbguy is offline Junior Member

My pharmacy changed my needle size…. tenderness.

So I went to my pharmacy to get a refill, and they changed my needle size w/o telling me. I figured this was at their discretion, so I didn't pay much attention to it. The first time I got my package, they gave a 22g x 1 1/2in syringe which seems on par with what everyone else is getting. As I went for my refill, they gave me a 25g x 1in. Heres my deal….. I started injecting 1mL every 2 weeks per my dr.'s advice. I started getting a roller coaster ride…. so I switched it to .5mL weekly. As I injected for the first time with the 25g x 1mL for the first time, it seemed I'm getting more then average tenderness then what I got with the 22g x 1 1/2in. Now that being said…. I'm a bigger guy with upper 20's bf count which makes me believe that with the 1in, I may not be getting a full intra muscular injection because of my higher BF that I need to go through, to get to where I need to be…. which is causing me the discomfort. At first thought.. I thought the smaller gauge and shorter needle would be a real benefit to me since I was changing to weekly injections. I would love to get you guys thoughts on this. My prescription per the dr…only says BD(whatever that means) 3mL syringe with needle. It don't specify which size pin I should be using. I searched and have yet to see anyone talking about injecting into the glute with a 1in pin. Thanks for the help
    Last edited by vbguy; 01-15-2015 at 08:48 AM.

BD is a brand name.

I would use 25G 1.5" for glutes.

So should I go back and tell them I want it changed?

-Horus- is offline Junior Member
    I use 1.5" 23g for glutes and 25g 1" for delts quads etc. but I have used it for glutes and was fine, just took longer than I would like. I do not have a high BF % though so you re right it could be that. just tell them you want 23g 1.5" next time or 22g-25g but has to be 1.5"

-Horus- is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vbguy View Post
    So should I go back and tell them I want it changed?
    tell them that is not what you normally get and you need 1.5"... but being pins I am not sure they would take it back.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vbguy View Post
    So I went to my pharmacy to get a refill, and they changed my needle size w/o telling me. I figured this was at their discretion, so I didn't pay much attention to it. The first time I got my package, they gave a 22g x 1 1/2in syringe which seems on par with what everyone else is getting. As I went for my refill, they gave me a 25g x 1in. Heres my deal….. I started injecting 1mL every 2 weeks per my dr.'s advice. I started getting a roller coaster ride…. so I switched it to .5mL weekly. As I injected for the first time with the 25g x 1mL for the first time, it seemed I'm getting more then average tenderness then what I got with the 22g x 1 1/2in. Now that being said…. I'm a bigger guy with upper 20's bf count which makes me believe that with the 1in, I may not be getting a full intra muscular injection because of my higher BF that I need to go through, to get to where I need to be…. which is causing me the discomfort. At first thought.. I thought the smaller gauge and shorter needle would be a real benefit to me since I was changing to weekly injections. I would love to get you guys thoughts on this. My prescription per the dr…only says BD(whatever that means) 3mL syringe with needle. It don't specify which size pin I should be using. I searched and have yet to see anyone talking about injecting into the glute with a 1in pin. Thanks for the help
    So if you're taking 100mg/week, have you considered splitting that into two weekly doses and injecting SQ? You can get insulin syringes VERY cheaply online without a script - legally. PM me if you are interested in knowing where.

jasondd1 is offline Member
    If I were you I would switch to quad and use the 25 ga 1 inch. That's what most use with quad injection. The quad is way easier for me to inject than the glute.

Quote Originally Posted by -Horus- View Post
    tell them that is not what you normally get and you need 1.5"... but being pins I am not sure they would take it back.
    I got it taken care of. They were individually packaged and wrapped so I went in, told them whats up, and they were like "oh….yeah….. they are all kind of close looking. We stuck the wrong ones in there" :/. Makes me feel REAL good when I get my other scripts there. Too bad they didn't "accidentally" stick the 5 GAL bucket of Test C to my order hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    So if you're taking 100mg/week, have you considered splitting that into two weekly doses and injecting SQ? You can get insulin syringes VERY cheaply online without a script - legally. PM me if you are interested in knowing where.
    I'll give that some thought. Thanks for the heads up and help!

Quote Originally Posted by jasondd1 View Post
    If I were you I would switch to quad and use the 25 ga 1 inch. That's what most use with quad injection. The quad is way easier for me to inject than the glute.
    I'll consider it down the road. My wife now injects me. So we will see.

Thread Information