clike is offline New Member

what would you do?

hey guys. I have read the stickies a few times on here but still have some questions. I no longer have any of my blood results either so bare with me please. I am 42 6ft and about 195 pounds. I have had man boobs as long as I can remember and I finally just had surgery done and it looks great. I was diagnosed with low t a couple years ago and tried test cyp shots for maybe a year or so. while I was on trt I lost weight was exercising and looking good except my chest was getting bigger. at that time I did not have a dr. that would prescribe and ai. my estrogen was a little high but not to bad. I was injecting once a week. i am considering getting back on trt but i do not want to get man boobs again. what would you do? thanks

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Find a better doctor.

Inject more frequently than once a week. Some inject twice a week, and I inject subcutaneously daily.

Managing E2 is crucial. Supplement with Zinc. Stay away from booze.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OingoBoingo View Post
    Find a better doctor.

Inject more frequently than once a week. Some inject twice a week, and I inject subcutaneously daily.

good advice.

thanks. was actually planning on injecting twice a week subq if I start trt again. good dr in st Louis is hard to find.

Find a better doctor.

do most guys have better luck with endos or urologists?

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    I think the best thing to do is to educate yourself, and find a doctor you can work with. There's lots of good information on the forum. Read all that you can.

When you meet with the prospective doctor, take a list of questions so you don't forget. Will they include hCG as part of the protocol? Will they prescribed Anastrozole if needed? What is the target they're shooting for? Will they let you inject yourself? Is subcutaneous okay? Ask whatever is important to you.

Sometimes a doctor is not up to date on the latest information. If a doctor is willing to work with you, it can be a good idea to have a few printouts for them; such as the hCG and Pregnenolone sticky.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I think the best thing to do is to educate yourself, and find a doctor you can work with. There's lots of good information on the forum. Read all that you can.

When you meet with the prospective doctor, take a list of questions so you don't forget. Will they include hCG as part of the protocol? Will they prescribed Anastrozole if needed? What is the target they're shooting for? Will they let you inject yourself? Is subcutaneous okay? Ask whatever is important to you.

Sometimes a doctor is not up to date on the latest information. If a doctor is willing to work with you, it can be a good idea to have a few printouts for them; such as the hCG and Pregnenolone sticky.
    The title is not important, just that they understand hormones. This site will give you tons of information to arm yourself and aid you. There are GP's that know a ton and endos and urologists don't have a clue. Many of us have gone through the same thing as you. Read read ask questions and learn, that is your best strategy.

thanks. the doctor I have now is willing to prescribe ai . just don't want gyno flare up after sugery
    Quote Originally Posted by Beethoven View Post
    The title is not important, just that they understand hormones. This site will give you tons of information to arm yourself and aid you. There are GP's that know a ton and endos and urologists don't have a clue. Many of us have gone through the same thing as you. Read read ask questions and learn, that is your best strategy.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by clike View Post
    thanks. the doctor I have now is willing to prescribe ai . just don't want gyno flare up after sugery
    correct me if im wrong, if you have had surgery - havent they taken the glands that allow gyno to grow....? my belief is that unless they havent removed all of it- you shouldnt have reoccurence of gyno after surgery...

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You old doctors should still have all your records. Call and ask for a copy of all blood work.

Brett N is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clike View Post
    thanks. was actually planning on injecting twice a week subq if I start trt again. good dr in st Louis is hard to find.
    Not many to be found in St Louis. I actually ended up driving to Tulsa to see a doc through LowT.com. I also believe they have one in Chicago too but not 100% on that. Just some info if you decide to shop for a new doc.

Thread Information