Results 1 to 29 of 29
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By APIs
  • 1 Post By Low Testosterone
  • 1 Post By APIs
  • 1 Post By OingoBoingo
  • 1 Post By Simon1972
  • 1 Post By Baxter35
  • 1 Post By Bodacious

Thread: Coming off TRT???

  1. #1
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991

    Coming off TRT???

    I am thinking hard about coming off TRT. I am 29 years old and have been on Androgel for right at 1 year now. Just don't really like being on it and its for life. I would like to reset everything and see how I feel and how everything works. How can I go by doing this?? What will happen if I just stop?? Thanks for all the help.

  2. #2
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    Also wanna say this. I did every test you could do to figure out why I had test numbers in 290 and low 300s before starting.MIR on head and testicles several BW tests.

    We are also looking to have a kid in the next year to 15 months.

    Tha KS everyone for the help again.

  3. #3
    Simon1972's Avatar
    Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Canada
    Posts
    1,360
    Blog Entries
    3
    you will need to go to your prescribing dr to plan coming off- you will need HCG to bring your balls backbefore you stop , and taper off so your nuts can take over production. might want to consider clomid therapy when you restart- apparently it helps with sperm production.

  4. #4
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Did OP take HCG in conjunction with the Androgel treatment? Many men get their wives pregnant while on TRT 'with' HCG...
    Bodacious likes this.

  5. #5
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    API ...no I'm not and I am just thinking about trying to come off and see how I feel. See if everything will work. I have been on the gel for about a year now.

    I have asked him about it he said when ever we start trying he will then use HCG ? My boys still have good size if that even matter.

    How hard do you think it will be for me To come off ?

  6. #6
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    If you come off, assuming you legitimately had low testosterone before you started treatment, you are simply going to go back to having low testosterone . And if you have low levels, there's a good chance your fertility abilities will be lower - infertility and low testosterone are often found together. Granted, you can try some type of reset or restart. Will it work? Odds are not in your favor but you can certainly try.
    Bodacious likes this.

  7. #7
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    I guess it's a personal decision, but I fail to understand why some men do try & come off treatment. What exactly would you be going back to? Low test levels and feeling like crap again? Then again, if Gel was my only option I probably would have quit by now too. Have you tried TRT via IM injections or Sub Q? Countless posts here dictate that re-starts dont work & the gels just arent effective long-term.

    Your dislikes may stem from an in-effective protocol that never delivered the true benefits of TRT. Further, your Doc should have had you on HCG from the very beginning to maintain the testes (& possible fertility). You really need to read-up & educate yourself on treatment protocols & options available to you. Did your Doc ever give an exact reason why your levels were low to begin with which necessitated the TRT?

    I'd venture to guess that your spouse probably has a negative opinion on the whole matter which doesnt make life any easier correct? If positive, she too needs to be educated as to why you're on TRT and to avoid any criticism(s) of it prior to proper investigation.

    I suggest that you first find a qualified TRT specialist and discuss options with him before you make any final decisions…

  8. #8
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    ^^Never mind the "Spouse" comment. I was confusing you with another post. Sorry...
    Bodacious likes this.

  9. #9
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    ^^Never mind the "Spouse" comment. I was confusing you with another post. Sorry...
    Got ya...

    Yea ibdont know it's kind pain in the ass to be honest. It does help me. I am just confused right now.

    I have been reading on the Adveed. ..5 shots a year anyone know how good this is.

    So sence I am on TRT I am scared I'll never be able to have kids. That scares the hell out of me.

  10. #10
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    I guess it's a personal decision, but I fail to understand why some men do try & come off treatment. What exactly would you be going back to? Low test levels and feeling like crap again? Then again, if Gel was my only option I probably would have quit by now too. Have you tried TRT via IM injections or Sub Q? Countless posts here dictate that re-starts dont work & the gels just arent effective long-term.

    Your dislikes may stem from an in-effective protocol that never delivered the true benefits of TRT. Further, your Doc should have had you on HCG from the very beginning to maintain the testes (& possible fertility). You really need to read-up & educate yourself on treatment protocols & options available to you. Did your Doc ever give an exact reason why your levels were low to begin with which necessitated the TRT?

    I'd venture to guess that your spouse probably has a negative opinion on the whole matter which doesnt make life any easier correct? If positive, she too needs to be educated as to why you're on TRT and to avoid any criticism(s) of it prior to proper investigation.

    I suggest that you first find a qualified TRT specialist and discuss options with him before you make any final decisions…
    So pretty much I am screwed?
    Evening having kids?
    I have asked about being on HCG while on the gel. He said he will give out HCG when I was going to try and have kids. He said it was really expensive to be on.

  11. #11
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    No, you're not "screwed". No guarantee, but you will very likely be able to get pregnant - especially if you start hCG now. (VERY cheap overseas without a script). And if things are difficult, you can look into hMG later on.

    What APIs said above in post #7 is the best advice you can get. And Low T's input should be taken seriously. IMO, it doesn't make sense to try to turn back the clock and stop TRT, because things will be worse than when you started. If you want to "see how you feel" off the therapy, I can tell you that you won't be happy with what you "see". As has been said, you'll feel worse than before. And it's unlikely you'll even get back to the shitty numbers you had originally.

    You need to educate yourself. YESTERDAY would have been best but it's not too late to get started now. The more you know, the less fearful you will be. And you'll be very relieved that you did.

  12. #12
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    No OP, you're not screwed. However if you go off TRT 'a vagina' is last thing you'll be playing with anyway. It's already been stated many men get their wives pregnant while on TRT "with" using HCG at the same time.

    IMO you've been on a bad-ride with an incompetent Doctor at the wheel which has denied you the true benefits of correctly managed TRT. Your Doc is a screw-ball and you need to find a better one. Now read-up & educate yourself to understand your options moving forward...

  13. #13
    Beethoven's Avatar
    Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    1,470
    Exactly what 2Sox and APIS said. You need a good Dr who understands trt , a poorly designed and supervised protocol is what's the problem . The more knowledgeable you become the better you can help manage your trt. Do a search and you'll find threads here where guys got their wives or girlfriends pregnant. Don't give up .

  14. #14
    Low Testosterone is offline ~ HRT Specialist ~
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,572
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    No, you're not "screwed". No guarantee, but you will very likely be able to get pregnant - especially if you start hCG now. (VERY cheap overseas without a script). And if things are difficult, you can look into hMG later on.

    What APIs said above in post #7 is the best advice you can get. And Low T's input should be taken seriously. IMO, it doesn't make sense to try to turn back the clock and stop TRT, because things will be worse than when you started. If you want to "see how you feel" off the therapy, I can tell you that you won't be happy with what you "see". As has been said, you'll feel worse than before. And it's unlikely you'll even get back to the shitty numbers you had originally.

    You need to educate yourself. YESTERDAY would have been best but it's not too late to get started now. The more you know, the less fearful you will be. And you'll be very relieved that you did.
    For what it's worth to you, HCG is a controlled substance in eleven states. In any state, ordering HCG overseas is illegal. You can receive the same penalties in your state for purchasing HCG as an anabolic steroid . If you are in a state where it is not a controlled substance, the penalty may be less but will still be severe if an overseas purchase is made. If you live in the state of NY and are caught illegally purchasing testosterone or any steroid or HCG, you might as well go ahead and plan on assured jail time.

    I think the above is important to keep in mind. I've never understood why a man would want to receive a legal prescription for testosterone yet buy illegal HCG - he's under the same risk he would have been if he purchased all of it illegally. Sure, I get that HCG can be expensive if bought legally, but not as expensive as getting caught.

  15. #15
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    28,952
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    No OP, you're not screwed. However if you go off TRT 'a vagina' is last thing you'll be playing with anyway.
    Hysterical API.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  16. #16
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Testosterone View Post
    For what it's worth to you, HCG is a controlled substance in eleven states. In any state, ordering HCG overseas is illegal. You can receive the same penalties in your state for purchasing HCG as an anabolic steroid . If you are in a state where it is not a controlled substance, the penalty may be less but will still be severe if an overseas purchase is made. If you live in the state of NY and are caught illegally purchasing testosterone or any steroid or HCG, you might as well go ahead and plan on assured jail time.

    I think the above is important to keep in mind. I've never understood why a man would want to receive a legal prescription for testosterone yet buy illegal HCG - he's under the same risk he would have been if he purchased all of it illegally. Sure, I get that HCG can be expensive if bought legally, but not as expensive as getting caught.
    Good to know. Thanks. Get a script from my doctors - both of them? Not a chance in hell. Maybe I'll go to Dr. Olivieri.

  17. #17
    Metalject's Avatar
    Metalject is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    3,066
    I've watched several friends, some close friends and others I just sort of new get arrested or popped (whatever you want to call it) for gear related things. Some of them it's hard to fathom that the police would even mess with them since it was such tiny amounts of little to nothing....other instances it's not surprising that they got into trouble. Eventually though it always happens, not to everyone and I wouldn't even say most but definitely enough to where it sticks in your mind in a big way. It's the entire reason I got out of bodybuilding...watched too many weird things happen.

  18. #18
    2Sox's Avatar
    2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalject View Post
    I've watched several friends, some close friends and others I just sort of new get arrested or popped (whatever you want to call it) for gear related things. Some of them it's hard to fathom that the police would even mess with them since it was such tiny amounts of little to nothing....other instances it's not surprising that they got into trouble. Eventually though it always happens, not to everyone and I wouldn't even say most but definitely enough to where it sticks in your mind in a big way. It's the entire reason I got out of bodybuilding...watched too many weird things happen.
    Definitely don't want to take any chances like those people you describe. I do hCG for TRT only, and I have enough hCG to last me for quite some time, but on the good advice above, it's a good idea to look into a doctor who will prescribe. And it seems I'll be paying a visit to Olivieri when that time comes.

  19. #19
    CobraMustangSVT is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    Definitely don't want to take any chances like those people you describe. I do hCG for TRT only, and I have enough hCG to last me for quite some time, but on the good advice above, it's a good idea to look into a doctor who will prescribe. And it seems I'll be paying a visit to Olivieri when that time comes.
    Olivieri's a good guy. I went back to him. Runs a great battery of tests and let's me self inject. Prescribes all the AI's, HCG , Deca , etc.

    I have nothing but good things to say about him.

  20. #20
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks everyone wish I was Closer to Olivier I would go. I can't seem to find a good freaking TRT doc in my area.

    Va around the roanoke area or Va Tech area...I have looked only two I can find I go to one of them.

    Can anyone help me on this.

    I have read and read on TRT... trust me I did everything before I started taking It. Don't get me wrong it helps me for sure. Its just a pain in the ass plus if I loose my insurance I'm screwed then what? I had an MRI of my head done cat scan of my balls done everthing.

    Thanks everyone for helping me.

  21. #21
    FakeLove is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    Not knowing you better of course, but to me it sounds you would just need to accept the trt being part of your life and stop being troubled about it. If the original diagnosis was right, the alternative won't take you anywhere. Again, I could be wrong, but it also sounds you would still need to study more to gain understanding. You would realise there's nothing to worry about, if the protocol of yours is reasonable and you're properly monitored.

    So if the Androgel works for you and you feel fine, why you just wouldn't add the offered HCG to your protocol? It would most probably solve the biggest fear of yours. And if using Androgel every day doesn't feel convenient, why wouldn't you ask a script to some injectable T from your doc? Sorry, if I'm missing something here.

    You were also asking about Aveed in another thread. Keep in mind starting such a long ester potentially might take a lots of patience before things are in balance.

  22. #22
    Simon1972's Avatar
    Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Canada
    Posts
    1,360
    Blog Entries
    3
    Well said

  23. #23
    OingoBoingo's Avatar
    OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by FakeLove View Post
    Not knowing you better of course, but to me it sounds you would just need to accept the trt being part of your life and stop being troubled about it. If the original diagnosis was right, the alternative won't take you anywhere. Again, I could be wrong, but it also sounds you would still need to study more to gain understanding. You would realise there's nothing to worry about, if the protocol of yours is reasonable and you're properly monitored.

    So if the Androgel works for you and you feel fine, why you just wouldn't add the offered HCG to your protocol? It would most probably solve the biggest fear of yours. And if using Androgel every day doesn't feel convenient, why wouldn't you ask a script to some injectable T from your doc? Sorry, if I'm missing something here.

    You were also asking about Aveed in another thread. Keep in mind starting such a long ester potentially might take a lots of patience before things are in balance.
    I agree with Simon1972; well said!

    IIRC, there's about a 50% dropout of gel users. A large number take it up again, but I find it curious that there are so many dropouts. I'm not aware if there's been any followup to determine why.

    As I understand it, gel is more expensive than injections. But as I have a lot of physical contact with women half my age, I had real moral problems with gels and the risk of Testosterone transference.

    Daily, subcutaneous self-injections work very well for my lifestyle; wake up, take a syringe out of the fridge, eat breakfast, and pin in my quad. I mix hCG and Testosterone in the same syringe, but because I inject daily, the loads are very small, which makes injecting a breeze.
    Last edited by OingoBoingo; 03-15-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    Bodacious likes this.

  24. #24
    Simon1972's Avatar
    Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Montreal Canada
    Posts
    1,360
    Blog Entries
    3
    im on creams and its like nothing - part of my morning ritual- i also take cjc1295 daily into the subQ of my stomach - again part of my daily bedtime ritual- so id be doing the same thing if i ever move onto injecting- its amazing how simple injecting subq becomes after the first 3 pins.
    Bodacious likes this.

  25. #25
    Baxter35's Avatar
    Baxter35 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    632
    Some people are fine with gels/creams, but I'm one of those who found it really bothersome. I started on axiron and I didn't like worrying about it rubbing off on my wife or kids. Also I know it seems petty, but the couple minute ritual of putting it on every morning was really annoying to me. I much prefer injections. Two pins a week is fine with me and seems far less bothersome for whatever reason than the daily gel did. I've also considered aveed, but since I'm dialed in to a good protocol on cyp I don't want to start over again adjusting to a new treatment. If gels bother you, I strongly suggest trying injections before quitting. I think you'll find it much more agreeable. And plenty of guys have kids on trt, including long term bodybuilders who use heavy amounts for years. Don't let it get you too worried.
    Bodacious likes this.

  26. #26
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    The gel is ok for now. I always wash my hands straightforwards. Then go to work do it's a good 8 to 10 hours or so before I come incontact with a kid or girl. The docs I have asked about this said thats fine.

    I just wanted to see if I could recover back to normal if I came off. I go back to the doc in about 6 weeks to get bloods. See where I am at and also going to tell him to pull sentive E2 also. Last time it was at 7 I went and had it done myself.

    Baxter hey man how's it been going? you take hcg with your trt? Given by a doc? IM shots or Sub Q?

    I have to say the kid thing really had me going for a Bit till everyone on here said I should still be able to have kids. I don't want to mess that up.

  27. #27
    FakeLove is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    74
    What's the range for the sensitive E2, if you were standing at 71 last time? Worrying like that reminds of me when I had my E2 too high. It could be a good idea to check it up.

    If you go and make a fertility test (another thread started by you) without HCG after a year on trt there's a high chance your results will be low or zero. I'd suggest that don't waste the money and time to it in this spot. Please, add the HCG (don't drop the T), give it time and then make a fertility test if needed. It very likely does wonders to your sperm count. It's injected subQ in small amounts either daily or few times a week by yourself.
    Last edited by FakeLove; 03-17-2015 at 06:13 AM.

  28. #28
    Bodacious's Avatar
    Bodacious is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicken All Day
    Posts
    1,991
    Thank you all for the help.

    I am going to go back to my Doc in 6 weeks and tell him I need hcg . Last time I asked him about it he wouldn't give me test and hcg. Just said he will give me hcg when I am trying to have a kid.

    If he doesn't give it to me I am going to shit can him. Get another doc.
    FakeLove likes this.

  29. #29
    OingoBoingo's Avatar
    OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    561
    Check out the hCG and Pregnenolone sticky.

    Might be a good idea to print out part of it to give to your doctor.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •