Watson1980 is offline New Member

Help with my numbers

I'm a 34 yo male, used to be real competitive in sports and just gradually began not to care....about anything. Went to the doc, and my first blood test had a test level of 121, they put me on test cyponate 200mg, I'm supposed to be doing .5ml injections every week. I've been doing .3, 2x a week. My first injection was instant results. Go to sleep at 1am up at 6 am and go strong all day. When I got checked last my test was at 438 and estrogen at 98 And now just feel kinda normal again. I am still more active but the shots do nothing for me. I was thinking about trying a OTC estrogen blocker and started doing some searching and it lead me here. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are you saying that you are taking 200mg per week? If you are, this is a rather high dose to start with - but not unheard of. Most start at 100mg/week (some lower) and see how they feel after a few months. If you are self injecting, you may want to consider lowering to that dose and injecting 50mg 2x week. Discuss this with your doctor. How long have you been on TRT?

Ask your doctor if you're getting the estradiol sensitive assay. And if your E2 is that high on this assay, I'd suggest you speak with your doctor about how you are feeling and what to do about it. If the shots are "doing nothing" for you, high estrogen may be the cause and interfering with the effects of the T you are injecting. There are a lot of unknowns here. Before you do anything on your own, speak with your doctor.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Watson1980 View Post
    I am still more active but the shots do nothing for me. I was thinking about trying a OTC estrogen blocker and started doing some searching and it lead me here. Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    My experience is that Zinc helps (Life Extension Foundation recommends Zinc 80mg daily, and I take Zinc along with Anastrozole to control my E2), but think if other OTC blockers worked, we would be hearing more about them.

While I believe Zinc helps reduce the need for Anastrozole, Zinc alone is not as strong or effective as Anastrozole.

Agree with 2Sox that you're on a jolly big dose of Testosterone , which could be contributing to your high E2.

Testosterone should make you feel normal. You won't be getting a rush from it. And when you're normal, you'll have good days and bad.

Watson1980 is offline New Member
    sorry for my ignorance I'm not much into this stuff, it's a 10ml bottle and I'm supposed to be doing a .5 injection 1x a week. The first shot the Dr gave me was a full ml and it was a rush to me, but I can't even stand a pre-workout cause I think my hearts gonna implode.
    But you know when your 18-23 test was high and could do everything and was cocky. That's how I felt again. Started lifting and running again, could lift for days again I felt awesome. I went up to a .3 ml dose 2x a week to keep my test level more normal through out the
    week.
    Now it's like I've become used to it and it doesn't give me that energy anymore. My workouts suck, my give a damn is busted and just feel like a old man again.
    I've actually cut back since those results because I feel the same no matter what and TBH and don't wanna souls like a puss, but all the increased heart attack and stroke shit on TV has me sketchy anymore.

Constructive criticism welcome, help me out here

Thread Information