To quote Ralph Waldo Emerson...

“To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”

...I know this isn't a typical post for this site. And this thread is not for everyone. I'm posting it for those who know what it's like... Because if I've learned anything in my 47 years on this planet, it's that more often than not, if I'm experiencing something, there are those who can relate; even though they may not speak up... So I do...

For the past 6 years, I've had to put my life on hold. And that's not counting the 14 year decline living undiagnosed.

These past 6 years for me have been both a bad and *tremendously* good thing!

Bad for all the obvious reasons. No career, no independence, no money. No longer having the freedoms to do the things I'd like. No longer chasing the same dreams as everyone else; along with too many other things too list.

Even so, if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have done the past 6 years any different... Accept for maybe that year I let the doctor dial my meds back... That was a waste of a year! =\

Regardless, I KNOW I'm saving my life! I KNOW I'm doing what's right.. FOR ME! I've made *incredible* strides in my life. The what's aren't as important as the whys. So I could LIVE again... Love again... Be HAPPY again!

What amazes me is though, when someone gets cancer, the whole world rallies around them. We have countless events in support of cancer... And that's great... Don't get me wrong... But if you're on this HRT board, living with the diseases and disabilities that come along with them... There are no parades for you... No sports organizations supporting you... No movies or awareness campaigns for you... Instead, you get shunned! Even ridiculed... You become the punchline in TOO MANY jokes in so called "Popular Culture"! It's rampant in our society. What you're doing is WRONG!!! You're LESS of a man... Defective... YOU are WRONG!

I could go on and on and on and on... But you already know all this.

There's no empathy... no support... no understanding. But who cares? So what... We don't need parades or billboards or awareness campaigns... But how about just STOP trying to UNDERMINE our achievements??? Why are people so eager to see us fail?! ...To get it wrong. ...Because YOUR WRONG? ...But you're not!

Just because THEY are all too short sighted to see the reality, it's not your fault. Just because THEY are too weak to even try... It's not your fault... Just because THEY cannot comprehend... It's NOT your fault!

Just keep doing what you're doing! Do what WORKS for you... And if need be... F'em!! Even though it's not what matters... You'll prove them all wrong in the end.

But who cares about that... You'll be happy... You'll be healthy... You'll have YOUR life back!!

Just stick with it and keep up the great work! Even if EVERYONE says otherwise. ...We here know the TRUTH!
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 04-25-2015 at 12:21 AM.

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    all i can say is that my energy and mood went through a see change after i started trt, which made my life a LOT better. the improved muscle tone was a nice added benefit!

i kept it secret from my wife at first, knowing her views on these sorts of anti-aging therapies. she knows now - and isn't happy about it, but it is what it is. now, if there were only some way to get my joints to feel as good as the rest of me!

Thread Information