eddydb is offline New Member

Quick Blood Work Question

Hello all. Love this forum, it's been a death of information!!!!!

I will post more of my story when a get my BW results, but that leads to my question. Are labs open to emailing patients their BW results? I am hitting the lab saturday morning, and would lot to have the results before I see my doctor again at the end of next week. I want to be educated and better prepared with a list of question. Or is it the norm for only the doc to get the results? I am sure I can get a copy then, but would like them beforehand.

If it matters: My Blue Shield CA insurance is paying for the BW and I am using the local hospital lab. This isn't something I am paying out of pocket for.

Thanks!

Edit: I also posted this question in my intro, but think that post has run its course.

ab037 is offline Associate Member
    Well, the lab requisition form will have on it where the results are to go. If the req is from your Dr then yes it will go to him. You can ask your Dr to have your email added he might allow that.
    I use private md labs sometimes ( self paying ) and the results are mailed to me and I would provide to Dr.

Thread Information