elcrisp76 is offline Junior Member

Deca/Test blast while on TRT

Hey all,

I've been on TRT for around four years now, thanks to a pituitary adenoma that has me completely shut down. Althought I don't have my current bloodwork stats, everything was stabilised quite some time ago. I get a 4ml shot of testosterone undecanoate (Reandron) every 10 weeks, which has me sitting at a fairly decent level year round.

I'm 39 years old, and I've been lifting for over ten years, and aside from the theraputic level test shots I've always been natural. I'm sitting at around 210lb @ 5'11", and around 15% bf.

Around two years back I suffered a herniated disc (c6/c7) and as a result lost a fair degree of muscle in my left tricep and left pectoralis major. i underwent disc replacement surgery, and the tricep has been rebuilding steadily ever since, but the pec is being stubborn.

Regardless of the atrophy, now that I've grown comfortable with the idea of pinning through my trt, I've been toying with the idea of doing a cycle for the first time. Part of this is through the frustration of recent injuries - I'm starting to feel like my progress in the gym has been 1 step forwards and 2 steps back. It's rather demotivating, especially given that I want to compete. And part of it is simply "I've been lifting for long enough, and I'm old enough, so why the hell not?"

The cycle I've been recommended is a fairly standard test/deca cycle for 20 weeks. (Test@800, deca@400) I've been reading a lot of contradictory advice over whether to run pct or not, and how exactly to control estrogen levels. I'm very prone to gyno, having already required a masectomy thanks soley to my trt. I'm assuming I should run caber with the cycle, but am unsure as to whether I should be running a nolva/clomid pct, and and what doses.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by elcrisp76; 08-10-2015 at 07:32 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    That would be a crazy first cycle, there is nothing standard about it.

First cycle should be test only regardless of trt or not. An extra 400mg per week of test on top of your trt with an ai, for 12 weeks is a great start.
    Do you take HCG as part of your trt protocol?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

elcrisp76 is offline Junior Member
    Yeah I realise that test dose is pretty high, the deca was thrown in purely for mass gains. (And specifically to reverse the atrophy, as suggested by my sports doc) No HCG sadly, though I'll be seeing my endo in a few weeks and will bring it up..

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    Although my fist cycle many years ago was deca with dianabol , I would also start with a test only cycle. But let me just say I've made decent gains on trt only. You should be able to bring it back without cycling. A 400 mg a week blast would do wonders as a first cycle, but you need to have your nutrition spot on before cycling. My .02.

Btw, no pct needed. Just return to trt protocol.

DudeHere is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    First cycle should be test only regardless of trt or not. An extra 400mg per week of test on top of your trt with an ai, for 12 weeks is a great start....
    Similar situation as OP...currently on TRT, but looking to cycle more test. If BW is done frequently (every 12 weeks) and all pertinent levels are keep in line, what would an optimal cycle schedule (frequency wise) look like?

KA24 is offline Junior Member
    If you're running BW every 12 weeks and being monitored by a doc, I'd consider an 8 week Test Prop cycle. Maybe something like 100 mg/EOD. Stop it about 2 weeks prior to your next BW draw and pay for your own OOP BW in the middle.

Blood work
    Wait 2 weeks
    8 weeks of Prop
    Week 4, blood work
    Return to TRT for 2 weeks
    Blood work

You could run this probably 2-3 times a year and the doc wouldn't ever know. Not sure if that's even a concern but I'd figure it was if they order your bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeHere View Post
    Similar situation as OP...currently on TRT, but looking to cycle more test. If BW is done frequently (every 12 weeks) and all pertinent levels are keep in line, what would an optimal cycle schedule (frequency wise) look like?
    If you're doing BW every twelve weeks you're probably not dialed in yet. Once you're dialed in there is no reason for BW every twelve weeks. Besides an eight week cycle is too short anyway and you don't want to risk your relationship with your Dr.

DudeHere is offline New Member
    BW is through private lab for my purposes. The point is to ensure my hematocrit doesn't take off on me. Been dialed in for a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by DudeHere View Post
    BW is through private lab for my purposes. The point is to ensure my hematocrit doesn't take off on me. Been dialed in for a couple of years.
    Then you're good. But your cycle should be 12 weeks. I would keep it test only. However , check your nutrition as I have made good gains on trt alone. If your Bodyfat is high you may not want to do this as you may get fat.

Thread Information