Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB

Thread: Sudden loss of strength and numbness in right hand and arm.

pyramid is offline Junior Member

Sudden loss of strength and numbness in right hand and arm.

I have been TRT for about 5 years. Test cyp 150mg a week, HCG 300iu 3x week and arimidex .5mg 3x a week. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a sudden loss of strength on bench press and similar lifts. I have also noticed numbness starting at my right index finger and seems to run up to my shoulder. Don't know if this is the start of carporall tunnel, a pinched nerve, or some other type of injury. Also I spilt my injections into two doses and usually inject into the delts could this be a possible cause? Going to see doctor today, all input is appreciated. Thanks..

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Bw??

PrettyPlease? is offline Banned
    Give the delts a break for a while.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Good call going to see the doc. Let us know how you got on.

Xphanial is offline Junior Member
    Stop pinning your delts boss, you may have hit the nerve cluster.

Thanks for the replies, doc thinks it looks like a pinched nerve mabe in the neck. Did X-ray today. I bet I did hit a nerve, will switch to quads and gluteus for a while. Thanks..

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Classical symptoms of cervical hernia.

The xray will tell.

Good luck!!

That sounds serious. What's the treatment?

Quote Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
    That sounds serious. What's the treatment?
    Depends on many things. Lets not jump the gun.

Any results?

The_Crawfish is offline Associate Member
    I had similar symptoms and mine was a bulging disc in my neck. Definitely sounds nerve related

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    What was the outcome? Are you ok?

Yeah, mri confirmed bulge at c-6/7. I took a couple weeks off the gym, ran a steroid dose pack to fight the inflammation, and my symptoms subsided. I was having numbness/tingling from my pointer finger and thumb up through my elbow and tricep. All is good now, and I have NO IDEA what I did to cause the bulge in the first place.

I had an X-ray done on mine my doc said my X-ray was not completely normal he said there looked to be an compression between c-5 and c-6. He also gave me a steroid pack. I to will take a couple weeks off from the gym and will see what happens. I may request an mri to get a better picture. I would have to think that the bulge or compression is not severe yet or symptoms would be worse. I don't know what I did to cause this either I suspect probably work related. I'm in the heating cooling business and the work can be physical at times. Thanks for all the help.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Crawfish View Post
    Yeah, mri confirmed bulge at c-6/7. I took a couple weeks off the gym, ran a steroid dose pack to fight the inflammation, and my symptoms subsided. I was having numbness/tingling from my pointer finger and thumb up through my elbow and tricep. All is good now, and I have NO IDEA what I did to cause the bulge in the first place.
    I am on the same steroid pack, how long were you on it before your symptoms started to improve? I have only been on them for 2 days and have not noticed any changes yet. Your situation sounds very similar to mine. Did your symptoms ever return? Thanks for the info.

The tingling started gradually going away after a week or so. If that's what your problem is, it's going to take a while for the inflammation to go away. I haven't had any problems since then.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
    I have been TRT for about 5 years. Test cyp 150mg a week, HCG 300iu 3x week and arimidex .5mg 3x a week. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a sudden loss of strength on bench press and similar lifts. I have also noticed numbness starting at my right index finger and seems to run up to my shoulder. Don't know if this is the start of carporall tunnel, a pinched nerve, or some other type of injury. Also I spilt my injections into two doses and usually inject into the delts could this be a possible cause? Going to see doctor today, all input is appreciated. Thanks..
    Hope everything works out quickly and you are back to 100% ASAP. .5mg of Anastrozole 3x per week is pretty hefty, IMO., but everyone is different.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It had nothing to do with injecting.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Hope everything works out quickly and you are back to 100% ASAP. .5mg of Anastrozole 3x per week is pretty hefty, IMO., but everyone is different.
    Got mri results back and it doesn't look so good. Doc said I did not have any spinal fluid around part of my spine and had a compression between c-5/c-6. Could low e2 cause spine problems? I know it can cause problems with bones. I don't have any other low e2 symptoms. Thanks..

I had my MRI read by an neurologist today and he said I had plenty of spinal fluid but did see a herniation on the C5-C6 disc. He did say surgery was the only way to fix the problem. It would just depend on how bad the symptoms bother me. I am going to get a second opinion but this doc is known as one of the cities best and has great reviews so I trust he is probably right. Have any of you guys had cervical disc replacement before if so how long was recovery before returning to work and the gym and how were things once you did? Any info is appreciated.

Sorry to hear pal... hate to be right sometimes

Surgeons always want to operate, its how they solve everything. Yes, go for other opinions.

Chiropractors too, ussually its a muscles imbalance that creates the conditions for the herniation. Without solving this muscles underlying problem, surgery can be quick fix and the problem might return.
    almostgone likes this.

Thanks for all the info and help. It's nice to have to have this board as a resource. I have had pulled muscles and other training stains & pains but this is uncharted territory for me. At 42 think I'm starting to get old.

chopsui is offline Junior Member
    I have the same issue, tbh it sucks. It depends how much the symptoms bother you but I really hope the dose pack is enough to keep the inflammation down. Whats going on is the disc is ripped and pushing onto your spinal nerve causing the associated pain. The dosepack helped by cutting inflammation hopefully it stays down, otherwise you're gonna be looking at ongoing therapy or surgery, which is where I'm at. I take stuff for inflammation to deal with the pain, I got some injections. Don't take this lightly man it's a huge structural flaw, I ****ing hate it. Good luck man. Facet blocks and NSAIDS, or surgery.

What were you doing right before you first noticed the pain? What could have popped your disc?
    Last edited by chopsui; 09-09-2015 at 04:35 PM.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I had an issue with my lumbar years ago and was my quad getting tingling and going numb. Started doing some yoga stretches and routines for a while and three months or so it subsided. I do a lot of decompression exercises frequently to keep myself good.

Thread Information