Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2Sox

Thread: My TRT doctor is awful

bruary17 is offline Member

My TRT doctor is awful

It's been a long road for me. I started TRT under the care of an Endo who was very reluctant with the prescribing of TRT to me in the first place. I then fired him and went to a 2nd endo who harped on the dangers of the drug....he too at first showed just a ton of hesitation in continuing my therapy.

My 2nd Endo told me to stop the TRT cold turkey for 30 days....then he wanted me to return and get bloods done so he could do some investigating in order to begin treating me. Now, I thought this was a little effed up to stop cold turkey.....i mean isn't this what everyone here says never to do? Anyway, after he found no pinpointing explanation on the cause of my low T we decided 100mg Test cyp weekly. And I stuck to that protocol for a month. Before that, previous doctor had me on 200mg every two weeks.

Here's why I'm here; i stopped cold turkey again after about 1 month of 100mgs weekly. My anxiety got the best of me. I was living in an increasing fear that I was going to have a heart attack or a blood clot and die. AFter the cold turkey stop my sex drive ****ING DROPPED. My dick went into hibernation and i just felt like shit.

My levels were tested at I wanna say 256?

I guess my question here is; how often do heart attacks and blood clots occur on TRT? both doctors I seen scared the **** out of me. Im a big lifter and I eat healthy. Im a really young looking 36 years old. 6ft tall 200lbs, two generous handfuls of belly fat. but I'm active and I workout 4-5 days a week. Can someone give me some legit answers? Thanks in advance.

jasondd1 is offline Member
    If you're scared on trt you should be scared shitless with total test at 256. You have 100 x more health concerns at low test than you do on proper trt.

really? because my last appt was with him yesterday and he said he's not that concerned with a level of 256. He also pointed out i missed my bimonthly appt and he hasn't seen me in 6 months. He mentioned this is a controlled substance he's prescribing for me and if i were to get hurt and sue him ....and he want on and on. I think he's more afraid of the possible legal implications than anything else. I think it boils down to me just having to find the guy who is pro TRT.

Moonjumper is offline Junior Member
    This is a rather long podcast but did have some interesting info in it. One portion covered dealt with the studies linking TRT and heart disease. Summarizing off memory, the original results showed a 3% increased risk of heart disease. After going back and reanalyzing the data and calculating properly (unknown criteria for that) the same doctors decided was actually a 40% reduction in risk of developing heart disease as opposed to an increase.

Ok, I've too few posts to link to it. But was by Dr Mark Gordon in regards to testosterone on a website called BodyIO. You can search it yourself if you would like.

Wow! Thanks, buddy! Ironically, I know of mark Gordon through a really informative Joe Rogan podcast on YouTube. Check that out and I will look into your recommendations as well. Thanks, man!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    It's been a long road for me. I started TRT under the care of an Endo who was very reluctant with the prescribing of TRT to me in the first place. I then fired him and went to a 2nd endo who harped on the dangers of the drug....he too at first showed just a ton of hesitation in continuing my therapy.

My 2nd Endo told me to stop the TRT cold turkey for 30 days....then he wanted me to return and get bloods done so he could do some investigating in order to begin treating me. Now, I thought this was a little effed up to stop cold turkey.....i mean isn't this what everyone here says never to do? Anyway, after he found no pinpointing explanation on the cause of my low T we decided 100mg Test cyp weekly. And I stuck to that protocol for a month. Before that, previous doctor had me on 200mg every two weeks.

Here's why I'm here; i stopped cold turkey again after about 1 month of 100mgs weekly. My anxiety got the best of me. I was living in an increasing fear that I was going to have a heart attack or a blood clot and die. AFter the cold turkey stop my sex drive ****ING DROPPED. My dick went into hibernation and i just felt like shit.

My levels were tested at I wanna say 256?

I guess my question here is; how often do heart attacks and blood clots occur on TRT? both doctors I seen scared the **** out of me. Im a big lifter and I eat healthy. Im a really young looking 36 years old. 6ft tall 200lbs, two generous handfuls of belly fat. but I'm active and I workout 4-5 days a week. Can someone give me some legit answers? Thanks in advance.
    Here's a link to a study Kelkel posted recently:
    UTMB Study Finds That Testosterone Therapy Is Not Linked with Blood Clot Disorders in Veins - ScienceNewsline

Personally, I think the real risk factor for clotting issues lies with undiagnosed problems in the clotting cascade (for instance, I have Leiden FactorV).
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    All this horse shit about heart attacks and clots arose from a poorly researched study in JAMA in 2013 and hundreds of professionals from around the world have refuted it over the last year or more. Either your doctor isn't keeping up with his reading or he's incompetent. There are several threads here devoted to this subject.

Considering all the factors you discuss in your OP above, I'd suggest you find another doctor - fast. I'd also suggest you keep away from endos. From the experiences of guys I've heard here, ends seem to be the least informed about TRT.

Chubbs1 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Sox View Post
    All this horse shit about heart attacks and clots arose from a poorly researched study in JAMA in 2013 and hundreds of professionals from around the world have refuted it over the last year or more. Either your doctor isn't keeping up with his reading or he's incompetent. There are several threads here devoted to this subject.

Considering all the factors you discuss in your OP above, I'd suggest you find another doctor - fast. I'd also suggest you keep away from endos. From the experiences of guys I've heard here, ends seem to be the least informed about TRT.

What kind of doctor is best for this testosterone replacement ?

I just went for a visit to an Endo, and I'm not sure he's the best guy for me. His specialty seems to be diabetes, not trt. I just went to see him because Endo's are supposed to be hormone doctors right? And my Dad recommended him.

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs1 View Post
    What kind of doctor is best for this testosterone replacement ?

I just went for a visit to an Endo, and I'm not sure he's the best guy for me. His specialty seems to be diabetes, not trt. I just went to see him because Endo's are supposed to be hormone doctors right? And my Dad recommended him.
    From my experience, urologists do much better with TRT. Go the website of you health insurance and see a listing of them in your area. Then call the office and ask if they do HRT. It's really that easy.
    chopsui likes this.

jwh7699 is offline Member
    What was your last RBC level?

Did your Doctor run a Homocysteine test? Most Doctors don't unless you request it. It's becoming a more relevant test to rule out potential blood clots.

You want your RBC level checked at the very least, because RBC count increases on Testosterone .

Thread Information