Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Baxter35

Thread: When to test

bedada is offline Junior Member

When to test

Last time I took a blood test it was three days after I injected. I heard most take the test on day 7 then inject so they get the lowest reading. Anybody have any data on how much it goes down during the seven days? I do not notice any difference at all from day 1 to day 7. I'm wondering if my test results were correct. I don't trust these labs. My cholesterol level is 30 point highter at this lab vs other labs. 1160 test and I'm only taking 50mg a week.

Thanks

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    I dont read you. You do a bloodtest precycle, midcycle and 6 weeks after pct. Lowest reading, why the f..... do you want the lowest reading? 3 days after...7 days after??? Or maybe im stil dizzy after the weekend.

1160 is within normal range for a natty. But at the top upper end. 50 mg will not shut you down and may add 2-300 ng/dl to your natty level.
    Last edited by AR's King Silabolin; 09-21-2015 at 12:46 AM.

rplante7 is offline Junior Member
    1160 ng/dl does not seem unreasonable given your situation. I would disregard the info given by Silabolin in the previous post. What is your age and are you on TRT. If so for how long. The reason for testing before your weekly injection is to measure your trough level. Many on this forum would recommend twice weekly injections to maintain more stable test levels

Baxter35 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    I dont read you. You do a bloodtest precycle, midcycle and 6 weeks after pct. Lowest reading, why the f..... do you want the lowest reading? 3 days after...7 days after??? Or maybe im stil dizzy after the weekend.

1160 is within normal range for a natty. But at the top upper end. 50 mg will not shut you down and may add 2-300 ng/dl to your natty level.
    This is the trt section, so I assume he's asking about ongoing trt blood work which is different then cycling. Testing the last day before injection is considered standard so you know where you are at the lowest even if you don't feel any different. 50mg/wk will shut you down btw, really no such thing as "adding" to your natural levels.
    almostgone likes this.

Yes, I'm on TRT with a hormone replacement doctor. She wanted me to test 2-3 days after injection so I would be a little lower than the peak, but not the lowest. She said it does not dip down that much on day 7. Maybe I'd be around 950 total. I told her the same thing about adding any artificial test. One drop will shut me down. She said sometimes it does not if it's a low enough dose. I was very pissed when she put me on only 50mg a week and told her I'd get her a bottle of wine if my test is above 400. It was 1160. Now, I'm dealing with high estrogen and she would not put me on blockers, so I switched doctors to my md. I guess I should test after day 3 because I want to know if my estrogen dropped. I'm 43. I appreciate all the help from everyone. This is a hard process. Trying to get the test up and not become a girl.

That doc isn't very knowledgeable. 2-3 days after injection is very close to your peak. It can drop several hundred points by day 7. Even if they keep advising you to test on day 3, do it on day 7 anyway. You said you switched docs, is that correct?

Yes Baxter I switched docs. Only issue now is I'm trying to figure out if my estrogen went up or down. I guess I can take two tests in the same week. They are not that expensive and I'm very curious what the levels go to.

If you recheck E2, just make sure its sensitive this time. It really does make a difference.

Thread Information