GenXAAS is offline New Member

dick sensitivity improved with TRT?

As my libido and erections have declined over the last several years, so has my dick sensitivity. It's an insidious effect that sneaks up overtime due to aging, I suppose.

Has anybody noticed a decrease in their dick sensitivity over time? I'm in my mid 40s, and I think I first started to notice a decrease in sensitivity about 5+ years ago.

After TRT, have any of you experienced an increase in your dick sensitivity that diminished prior to TRT? How much did your sensitivity improve, and how long did it take?

DanMan250 is offline Associate Member
    Have you ever taken SSRI anti depressants or Accutane? Both these drugs affect sensitivity and make it a lot harder to ejaculate (delayed ejaculation).
    It seems that this side effect persists for decades, if not forever after stopping the drug.
    When I began TRT sensitivity increased a lot during the first month. I actually had premature ejaculation for the first time since I was a teenager.
    Over the next few months, I lost sensitivity until I began taking HCG and it returned again, but not to the point of PE.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It could be from meds, a medical condition (that HRT won't fix), or a nerve compression issue.
    Is there any numbness associated, or does it just not feel as good?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMan250 View Post
    Have you ever taken...
    No S S R I. I took accu tane back in the late 80s as a teenager. I'll look into that more. Thanks for the tip.

I've had some D-E for several years. Maybe some P-E as a teenager.

OMH, the anti-spam restrictions on posts are excessive!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    It could be from...
    Besides a vasectomy 5 years ago, I've had no rx, nor any unusual conditions. No numbness, just a gradual fading in sensitivity over 10 years.

bigdil511 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GenXAAS
    Besides a vasectomy 5 years ago, I've had no rx, nor any unusual conditions. No numbness, just a gradual fading in sensitivity over 10 years.
    My friend lost all sensitivity after vasectomy, probably started within 6 months after.

DanMan250 is offline Associate Member
    It doesn't matter if you took accutane in the 80's. So many of its side effects are permanent and it has many latent chronic side effects i.e. side effects that appear many years after stopping the drug.

Thread Information