Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Lower normal range still too high for TRT, Looking for ways to drop into lower range

BoredIRL is offline Associate Member
    I never had any PCT after using most of the Andropen 275 and winstrol .
    I was towards the end of the cycle when I got arrested. And had no access to PCT meds while in jail.

That blood work was drawn last Friday. I haven't died, yet.
    My next appointment is on Monday.
    Do you seriously think I should get to a hospital, or just wait to hear what my doctor says?
    I am a little worried about it. My labs were all worse then I could have expected.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    How much time passed from last time you ate to have the blood draw??

I don't recall exactly but I know I hadn't ate passed 9pm and it was about 9am when I went to the lab.
    Honestly it was probably even earlier than that when I would have eaten my last mean before the fasting,
    But when I fast I never eat past 9pm.

Then I seriously advice to print this bloodwork amd go to a doctor, pancreatitis is not something you want to deal with.

I also had an appointment with my mental health doctor yesterday and I brought a print out showing the labs.
    I told him how one of the meds he prescribed me didn't work for sleep.
    So he prescribed me seroquel 100mg and said he would write it for enough so I could take two,
    Or cut one in half if half a pill works for me.
    When I got home I started reading about seroquel and I found it can lower testosterone because it increases prolactin which reduces testosterone.
    I was thinking this might be good to help me get on TRT if it's going to lower my T or keep me low, for if more blood work is needed.

I don't think I ever mentioned, I'm currently 6'1 and 260lbs.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredIRL View Post
    I also had an appointment with my mental health doctor yesterday and I brought a print out showing the labs.
    So he prescribed me seroquel 100mg and said he would write it for enough so I could take two,
    When I got home I started reading about seroquel and I found it can lower testosterone because it increases prolactin which reduces testosterone.
    I was thinking this might be good to help me get on TRT if it's going to lower my T or keep me low, for if more blood work is needed.
    Seroquel for sleep? Have you tried anything OTC first? What about old generation antihistamines?

The med I just tried was an antihistamine called Hydroxyzine.
    I was told to take it and in one hour I would feel sleepy.
    What actually happened is I would take it and lay in bed wide awake for hours.
    When morning came and I still hadn't slept and it was time to go to work.
    I just wanted to lay in bed and then I would start to feel sleepy.
    It made me feel like it made my depression worse because it was bad enough I stopped going to work.
    Yeah, I've tried OTC meds like benadryl and Zzz quil, tylenol PM. I actually even got to try Ketotifen when I was taking clen and T3.

I just found out yesterday that my older cousin has been on TRT for three years. He's also diabetic.
    I was talking about Low T on Facebook and he jumps on and starts telling me to make sure to get the shots and
    not the cream because the cream sucks, and goes on to say hes been on TRT for three years.

Diabetes is hell. I see it every day with my grandma, she developed stage IV renal failure from it and also has very bad psoriatic/rheumatoid arthritis but can't take anything to control it due to kidney impairment.

My regular doctor is actually at a Nephrology clinic. The branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and diseases of the kidneys.
    My cardiologist is in the same plaza.
    Last edited by BoredIRL; 09-09-2016 at 06:42 AM.

My regular doctor is actually at a Nephrology clinic. The branch of medicine that deals with the physiology and diseases of the kidneys.
    The better you manage it, the lesser the chance to develop complications. If you are overweight, dropping the fat could also help a lot.
    BoredIRL likes this.

Sorry, I feel like going on a bit of a rant.
    No offense to anyone who is trans, but it kind of bothers me when a female can decide she wants to be male,
    and they get approved for male hormone injections. Or look at Bruce Jenner for example.
    But a guy like me who just want's to be more of a guy and potentially healthier has to jump through hoops to get approved.
    I don't really agree with that. What exactly does a trans person have to prove to get approved? Maybe I just don't understand.
    It kind of seems I'd have better luck getting approved if I was a girl claiming I'm trans and want to be a dude.
    Do they just have to say I want to be a dude and they get approved?
    Last edited by BoredIRL; 09-09-2016 at 07:01 AM. Reason: Had more to say because I'm confused.

Think you should be more worried about your metabolic disease than the hormones.

As I dont know if you actually followed up on the 800mg/dl triglycerides, if by any any chance you get severe abdominal pain, call an ambulance and tell'em about the triglycerides values, or have the bloodwork printed to show it. It can save time in diagnostic the pancreatitis.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with Mr. BB. Health first. You have something funky going on. It may be as simple as diet or it may be more complex. It is nothing to fool around with.
    You have received sound advice from some very knowledgable vets.... Take their advice.

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    Seroquel for sleep? Have you tried anything OTC first? What about old generation antihistamines?
    Yes, seroquel for sleep. Its often prescribed for sleep.
    I took the max dose prescribed two pills at 100mg a pill.
    I slept for like 20 hours. I woke up a couple times to realize I had been talking in my sleep lol.

I'm not in any pain, so I'm going to wait till Monday to see what my doctor says.
    I'm assuming they will prescribe me something to lower my triglycerides,
    and give me a date on when I can get more labs done for my testosterone .
    They will probably lecture me about my diet too.
    If they don't prescribe something to lower my triglycerides, then I think I'll
    go to my cardiologist in the same plaza right after my appointment and
    show my cardiologist my labs and see what they think.

I've tried seroquel for sleep before but had issues with it.
    Issues being that I was taking hydrochlorothiazide at the same time.
    Which is a diuretic for blood pressure. The issue I was having is that the
    seroquel would knock me out and the diuretic would make me have to pee.
    So I ended up peeing the bed a couple times and got mad about that and stopped taking the seroquel.
    I only agreed to try seroquel again this time because I'm not taking any diuretics right now.
    But I am still up 2-3 times a night to pee if I'm not awake already.
    With the diabetes I constantly feel like I need to drink water,m and then I have to pee all the time.

I actually came across some info that says my diabetes med's raise testosterone .
    glimepiride

No I don't usually eat too much meat, or potatoes.
    Although about a year ago maybe, I went on this I guess you could call it a fasting or diet.
    I pretty much just ate potatoes, green onions, mushrooms, a couple taco shells. I would cut the potatoes into slices.
    and microwave them with the green onions on top of a couple taco shells with some butter and garlic powder, or jalapeno pepper sauce.
    That was literally about all I ate for like two months. And would drink milk too. I was losing weight rapidly when I did this.
    I dropped from the high/mid 200's to low 200's but I looked really unhealthy. I felt a burning around my pelvis bones too.
    Then I went to jail for 6 months and gained it all back. I was actually pretty happy eating the jail food while I was there.
    I don't have the will to do such a restricted diet again. I was also on winstrol , and Andropen 275 when I did this.

I'm a bit worried about the triglycerides. I feel like I might be on the verge of a stroke, not joking.
    The way my labs look I'm wondering if I could be diagnosed as having metabolic syndrome.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_syndrome
    I'm diabetic with high blood pressure and have all the other signs.
    The sad thing is with those labs, that's also while I'm already on med's for cholesterol, and diabetes.
    My heart med and the cholesterol med both lower cholesterol.
    I'm wondering if my doctor is going to tell me no to TRT because of my high cholesterol alone.
    It even crossed my mind they might tell me I need gastric bypass.
    I asked about gastric bypass in the past with a different doctor and he said it would be right for me and could help.
    But he wouldn't approve it because with my high blood sugars I would heal too slow after surgery.
    I'm at the point though where if I don't get TRT soon, I'm going to self medicate.
    I've already got the money in the bank and a good source that I've ordered from in the past and got legit gear.
    I just can't decide what I want to order. I was thinking Dbol , Test C, Deca , and Nolvadex .
    Use the Dbol at the beginning with test c 300mg once a week and switch to the deca 200mg at like week 4-5 with 200mg test c ,
    when the deca runs out just stay on 300mg/ml once a week test c with the nolvadex if I need it and just stay on that dose.
    If my last labs came up normal I would have already ordered gear. Now I'm holding off to see what happens.
    I might skip the Dbol and deca all together though, I'm not doing this to get big or strong or to look good.
    I might just order test c 300mg/ml and nolvadex. Haven't decided yet.

I still have a couple pic's of what I was eating for like two months when I tried to drop weight.
    The butter was smart balance light with omega 3.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mushrooms.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	165385

Name:	potatoes.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	165386
    Last edited by BoredIRL; 09-11-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Here's a couple pics of the wearable defibrillator I had to wear.

Name:	pic 1 defib.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	281.4 KB 
ID:	165387

Name:	pic 2 defib.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	165388

I just got back from my appointment with my regular doctor.
    They must not be too worried about pancreatitis because they prescribed me a medication that is known to cause pancreatitis. Tradjenta.
    They also prescribed Clotrimazole-Betamethasone Crm 15gm, because they say I have ringworm. They said diabetics get ringworm because
    it thrives on sugar just like yeast when cooking. They also increased my lisinopril, from 10mg to 20mg. They said to take my 10's twice a day
    till I get my prescription for 20's. I won't see my regular doctor again for three months. But for the testosterone they will send out a referral to see the endocrinologist.
    My regular doctor also said that she doesn't think low testosterone has much do do with my diabetes care. I don't agree with that at all.
    They didn't say anything about the high triglycerides.

I got a flu shot today too. I had to fill out paper work to get it but didn't know I'd be getting it today.

Here's a pic of me practicing Crow pose at yoga class.

Name:	crow pose.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	25.6 KB 
ID:	165476

My current weight.

Name:	lbs.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	165477

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    Please don't take this the wrong way sir but you have a lot going on with your body and mind to worry about low T. Yes I know low T can cause things to be off and we want homeostasis in our bodies. But if I were you I would get my medical problems under control and eat right to lose weight. May help with your diabetes lowering your weight but I don't think raising your testosterone levels are going to clear up the other problems you are dealing with. I wish you all the luck in the world and these guys here are the experts but as BB said concentrate on your medical issues first.

Honestly you're kind of assuming a lot if you think I'm doing nothing for my other issues.
    I never said I was blowing off my other health issues. I'm actually kind of freaked out about it.
    A lot of it does have to do with low T, but maybe not all of it.
    When I have been on cycle in the past most of these issues and more subside.
    For one thing I eat less as if testosterone is an appetite suppressant for me.
    I need about half as much insulin .
    And I absolutely feel more energy and feeling of well being which without a doubt increases my will and ability to be more active.
    There's a huge difference from feeling lethargic, and being on cycle and actually wanting to go for a walk.
    I'm not shrugging off any one issue or taking priority of one over another, but I'm not blind either.
    Low T is an obvious big issue, especially when you look at the research linking most of my issues to low T, including metabolic syndrome.
    Which I'm still not diagnosed as having. But possibly close to it. Nor do I have pancreatitis. Not yet anyway.
    I see the concern mentioning these two things but I do not have either one, as far as being diagnosed by a medical professional.
    I even stated that I started another diabetes medication and an increased dose of blood pressure med's so far they have been doing what they are supposed to do.
    My bad, maybe I'm doing a horrible job of cluing everyone in on everything that I'm doing.
    I guess I can't really prove anything to you about how low T effects me till either I go on cycle, or get TRT,
    either or with labs to back it up. It's no surprise to me that the lower my T gets the worse off the rest of it is.
    I'd almost be willing to bet that chewing tobacco as a diabetic plays a huge role in some of this too.
    I read an article months ago about all the sugars in flavored dip (chew) and all the spit going in the gut has an effect on blood sugar.
    I can't find it now though. Personally I find it to be incredibly important to get a prescription for TRT.
    I don't want to be an abuser of steroids or labeled a criminal, or worse get caught with a controlled substance.
    But at the same time if these doctors who are supposed to help don't do something soon then I'm feeling that
    I will have to do it myself because I know from experience that AAS does undeniably help with the issues it can.
    Maybe my doctor is a complete bone head, they didn't say anything at all about my cholesterol or triglycerides.
    I don't think I took it the wrong way. I feel like you want to add your .02 cents on whats going on, because you
    want to help. But some of what you say is just one more thing that is aggravating me, in part because I am trying.
    But also because I'm getting tired of playing the waiting game with my doctors. I feel like I'm just rambling now.
    I'm not sure if I mentioned it but I'm also diagnosed with asperger's syndrome.
    Even my autism spectrum issues improve while on cycle. While on cycle I will actually stand up for myself, and am willing
    and able to make eye contact. I'm defiantly not as shy. Chatting through a computer screen is much easier for me.
    But I still have a tendency to say the wrong things or often ramble.
    If you really want to help then maybe you should help me with a plan of some type.
    Example, step one take your meds, I'm doing that.
    step two, probably diet. I already showed an example of what happens when I try to do a caloric deficit diet.
    I ate potatoes, green onions, mushrooms.
    Step three, exercise.
    Other than that I'm lost.
    I should probably be on anxiety meds too, because I'm all worried about more labs and concerned I might test
    a few points into normal like in the past and be denied TRT once again.
    And I'm hoping the endocrinologist I'm being referred to isn't the same one I've been to in the past.
    The one who said I tested at 360 (but flat out refused to show me the lab results)
    and said this was normal for if a 19 year old male came in and was tested.
    The same endo who said I had to ride a bike for 20 miles a day when I told her I was riding for 10 miles.
    The same one that yelled at me DON'T COME BACK TILL YOU LOSE WEIGHT.
    And then doesn't seem to care at all when I do lose weight.
    I'm thankful anyway that I have a new doctor, because the last one told me that there is no testosterone in steroids.
    Who also said Low T was all in my head. I'm not hallucinating that AAS helps a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JKW View Post
    Please don't take this the wrong way sir but you have a lot going on with your body and mind to worry about low T. Yes I know low T can cause things to be off and we want homeostasis in our bodies. But if I were you I would get my medical problems under control and eat right to lose weight. May help with your diabetes lowering your weight but I don't think raising your testosterone levels are going to clear up the other problems you are dealing with. I wish you all the luck in the world and these guys here are the experts but as BB said concentrate on your medical issues first.
    TRT would help a great deal with his medical concerns, the endo is just being lax about it.

The best course of action is finding the right doc...
    BoredIRL likes this.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Your test is working to a degree. Go deal with the diabetis first.

Metformin
    Insulin

Get the diabetis under control and get that A1c reduced. Your diet has to change. I feel you because I am the same. Just posted about life in Philippines where the only food is junk food and rice...then when in Beijing the food is all clean and awesome. My A1c when in phils jumps to 9-11. A1c while in Beijing falls to 5-6. It is complete lifestyle. Drop your carbs and get the veggie train going. Lose the chips and fries and eat baked chicken and fish. Vegetable soups...do it for your life.

I have a dialated vein on the right testicale and it hurts like a mother fucker to sit long term. Two hours on the crotch rocket is all I can handle. I feel your pain.

As for the Doctor and his lies. Why all the best doctors are not in the USA. The country has gone to crap because people do not stand up to the BS anymore. Paper pushing bean counters. Right now the land of the free is China (How is that for a kick in the crotch hello). Paybacks are best when all is forgotten and looking in the eyes like John Wick did to the Russian guard captain at the Red Circle.

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    TRT would help a great deal with his medical concerns, the endo is just being lax about it.

The best course of action is finding the right doc...
    I think his best path is a urologist. All he is going to get from an Endo is Diabetis this and Diabetis that. Like a broken record...anything to ignore the HrT need.

Granted I feel his biggest issue at the moment is his Diabetis.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    I think his best path is a urologist. All he is going to get from an Endo is Diabetis this and Diabetis that. Like a broken record...anything to ignore the HrT need.

Granted I feel his biggest issue at the moment is his Diabetis.
    You are probably right - endos will focus on diabetes. An andrologist/urologist might care more on the T issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    Your test is working to a degree. Go deal with the diabetis first.

Metformin
    Insulin

Get the diabetis under control and get that A1c reduced. Your diet has to change. I feel you because I am the same. Just posted about life in Philippines where the only food is junk food and rice...then when in Beijing the food is all clean and awesome. My A1c when in phils jumps to 9-11. A1c while in Beijing falls to 5-6. It is complete lifestyle. Drop your carbs and get the veggie train going. Lose the chips and fries and eat baked chicken and fish. Vegetable soups...do it for your life.

I have a dialated vein on the right testicale and it hurts like a mother fucker to sit long term. Two hours on the crotch rocket is all I can handle. I feel your pain.

As for the Doctor and his lies. Why all the best doctors are not in the USA. The country has gone to crap because people do not stand up to the BS anymore. Paper pushing bean counters. Right now the land of the free is China (How is that for a kick in the crotch hello). Paybacks are best when all is forgotten and looking in the eyes like John Wick did to the Russian guard captain at the Red Circle.
    Metformin is a terrible medication for me.
    TMI I know, but it gives me severe diarrhea that feels like chemicals burning when I go.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    boredIRL, i wasnt going to post, since you have had numerous guys give you the same advice , so far 71 posts and counting.

You can dr shop all you want, they will all eventually grow tired of you and want to handball you to someone else eventually- until you take control of your own health and become the driver and not the passenger.

if you are serious about your diabetes, stop asking too much of your pancreas, eliminate insulin spike. by following the directions below.

drop your carbs, eat meats, eat cheese, eat vegetables.
    dont eat bread, rice or grains.

do this as much as you can, when you fail, don't give up, get back on again at the next meal.

use your brain, stop using your emotions to run your life.

your health- your call.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    You can dr shop all you want, they will all eventually grow tired of you and want to handball you to someone else eventually- until you take control of your own health and become the driver and not the passenger.

if you are serious about your diabetes, stop asking too much of your pancreas, eliminate insulin spike. by following the directions below.

drop your carbs, eat meats, eat cheese, eat vegetables.
    dont eat bread, rice or grains.

do this as much as you can, when you fail, don't give up, get back on again at the next meal.

use your brain, stop using your emotions to run your life.

your health- your call.
    Simon, you are right about most of your advices to OP, but you should really update your nutrition knowledge:

Name:	Dairy-insulin-auc.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	165493

I still have a couple pic's of what I was eating for like two months when I tried to drop weight.
    The butter was smart balance light with omega 3.

Name:	mushrooms.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	165385

Name:	potatoes.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	174.2 KB 
ID:	165386
    Have you ran the macros on those plates? Eating over 50% fat it not really indicated for your conditions.

Name:	luke 1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	165494

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Simon, you are right about most of your advices to OP, but you should really update your nutrition knowledge:

Name:	Dairy-insulin-auc.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	165493
    i knew this would happen again...lol, theres alot more to the story than just insulin secretion, we need the fats for energy , carbs are not the source the Op needs to invest his time in eating. hence the diabetes epidemic hitting the western world.
    He can do what he has always done and end up with the same result or try something i ( and alot of others) found works.

If he wants to fast track Ketosis, than fast track it- or focus on eating carbs and become disillusioned.

Taking a statistic on Area under curve doesnt give the complete story.

Blog Entries

Name:	luke 1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	165494
    glad your taking it seriously.

JKW
    JKW is offline Associate Member
    BoredIRL, I would love to give you a plan but I do not know enough about low T and how it relates to other medical problems. My medical training is only as a paramedic so I do not know the depths of TRT like these guys. I really hope you succeed and things go great for you. Im behind you 100% and I know the advice here will get you on track.

I'm fixing to join a gym with friends and family, but not till November when they are ready.
    I've only been to a gym a couple times so I don't really know what to expect.
    I'm also going to sign up for swimming at a local college in the spring, after Pilates and Yoga are done.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information