MonarchX is offline New Member

Total T from 160-250ng/dL to 739ng/dL = weight GAIN! Why?

I fixed my low T of 160-250ng/dL and now it is at 739ng/dL after a month of Clomiphene (50mg per day). Free T is also great, but I also was also prescribed Anastrozole (1 month after using Clomiphene) to prevent high levels of estrogen. My Thyroid T3 % T4, Vitamin D, CBC, LH, FSH, GnRH, growth hormone , glucose, and other levels have vastly improved, now within very health ranges for my age (29 years old). I also feel really good these days.

I stayed on the same diet with the same caloric intake of 2000 calories per day when I began taking Clomiphene. My strength and endurance have improved exponentially since then my workout became more vigorous.

With all these improvement, I don't understand why I began GAINING weight?! I know higher T levels will improve muscle growth, but muscle growth still needs caloric surplus. Now it seems I need fewer calories for loss (1700 or so), but it makes ZERO sense because increasing T levels is supposed to increase metabolic rate, allowing me to eat MORE caloric and still maintain the same of fat loss...

Any ideas?

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    water weight.

Considered normal when you start anything new hormonally. It should subside as you level off.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Testosterone is anabolic , anabolic means added nutrients, water and even new tissue, which all have weight.

Dont look so much at scale but at mirror and mesurements.

Kenny357 is offline Junior Member
    Man, I put on nearly 15 pounds and it seemed like it was overnight when I started trt. I've been on for close to 4 months now and the weight is beginning to drop off again.

Thread Information