Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sfla80
  • 2 Post By Sfla80
  • 1 Post By hammerheart

Thread: Does high Creatine Kinase mean I have Muscular Dystrophy?

mazguy is offline Junior Member

Does high Creatine Kinase mean I have Muscular Dystrophy?

I am a sixty four year old male on TRT for several years also taking .5 Arimdex every four days along with HCG every other day. From too many years in combative martial arts I've had carpal tunnel relief on both hands and ulnar nerve relocation on both elbows. And now, after rotator cuff surgery on both shoulders I have zero external rotation strength on left shoulder. Neurologist did an EMG that showed interrupted nerves from the spine but that they seemed to be reconnecting. He wanted to eliminate autoimmune disease so he called for extensive blood work which revealed this result highlighted in RED. Google searches indicate this may be muscular dystrophy and I can't get back into the doctor until late July. Obviously I am beside myself with concern.

Creatine Kinase,Total,Serum 614 Alert U/L 24 - 204 01
    TSH 7.210 High uIU/mL 0.450 - 4.500 01

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's shows as muscle breakdown.

Extensive exercise will raise Ck.

Also dehydration

Mine has been over 1000

If you are curious, take two weeks off and re check

Edit: I'm no expert lol just speaking from experience. I'm not sure if any of your other issues have anything to do with this.

Just thought I would help
    Last edited by Sfla80; 06-01-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    almostgone likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    CK Sfla80 already answered, it gets high after high intensity weight lifting, havent you done weight lifting before the blood work?

TSH high means you have a thyroid problem, you should really post the whole bloodwork, because with only those 2 its impossible to say much more.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    CK Sfla80 already answered, it gets high after high intensity weight lifting, havent you done weight lifting before the blood work?

TSH high means you have a thyroid problem, you should really post the whole bloodwork, because with only those 2 its impossible to say much more.
    BB, cardiologist actually said even runners. He told me he has had people as high as 1500-2500. But they are runners and gave blood after running.
    Mr.BB and almostgone like this.

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    My CK was over 4000 before, rhabdomyolysis caused by severe dehydration, my potassium was 1.7, normal is 3.5 to 5, So that caused severe weakness. I could not evrn walk, so I strained really hard like I was lifting weights to just get up. That caused muscle breakdown , snd that is what caused my CK to be so high.

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    My basic treatment was IV fluids with sodium bicarb. You probably just need to hydrate more, less caffiene, but if your taking diuretics, you might not be able to take extra fluids. Tbh 600 not bad as long as your urine is not tea colored

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hi mazguy,

your TSH is elevated, indicative of underactive thyroid.

There is an established, positive correlation between TSH and CK in hypothyroidism. No need to think of muscular distrophy.

Get a full thyroid panel done ( TSH, FT4, FT3, anti-TPO, TGAb ).

If antibodies are present, diagnosis consists of autoimmune thyroiditis. Otherwise, be sure there is enough iodine in your diet, as it is needed to synthesize thyroid hormone.
    Mr.BB likes this.

Thread Information