Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rplante7

Thread: HGH Questions

rplante7 is offline Junior Member

HGH Questions

I have two questions regarding short term HGH use

1. Does HGH administration shut down the bodys natural production in the same way that testosterone does and if so how long after stopping will natural production return?

2. Anyone have success using HGH for treatment of soft tissue injuries (Achilles tendon)?

Im interested in hearing others experience in using HGH and results obtained

IncreaseMyT is offline Associate Member
    Yes it does.

TRT + GH optimization, either through peptide stimulation or rhGH gives me the best results on all facets of mens health. Decreased inflammation in general, cognitive function, endurance, reparative abilities and so forth.

Unlike like rhGH the peptides stimulate your natural growth hormone secretion, so if your worried about suppression seeing if these work for you might be the best plan of action.

GH is rather mild and since it is not a sex hormone its not as easy to tell that its working like it is to tell with testosterone . Also there is a synergistic effect between testosterone and GH.

So you have to wait to realize effect, but long term it should help with all connective tissues, especially if you have suppression, which is likely after a serious injury.

There is some research floating around of high dose GH therapy injected at the site. Some doctor in NC got funding for it I believe. Been a while since I looked it up.

Hope this helps.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rplante7 View Post
    I have two questions regarding short term HGH use

1. Does HGH administration shut down the bodys natural production in the same way that testosterone does and if so how long after stopping will natural production return?

2. Anyone have success using HGH for treatment of soft tissue injuries (Achilles tendon)?

Im interested in hearing others experience in using HGH and results obtained
    I'm assuming you mean HGH and not HCG . A lot of folks get the two confused. To my knowledge, HGH will not affect endogenous testosterone production.

However, HCG will have a suppressive effect, oddly by stimulating higher levels of endogenous production. The higher endogenous T (mostly through conversion to E2) feedsback negatively on the hypothalamus and suppresses endogenous GnRH (hence LH/FSH) production. It should be a short term suppression though. Once the HCG clears your system (half life is about 3 days), endogenous GnRH production should kick back in.

Im referring to rHGH and how short term use will affect your bodies endogenous production after you stop using it. Will your body be in a HGH shut down condition in the same way use of test shuts down your natural production
    IncreaseMyT likes this.

IncreaseMyT is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IncreaseMyT View Post
    Yes it does.
    yes i know

Quote Originally Posted by rplante7 View Post
    Im referring to rHGH and how short term use will affect your bodies endogenous production after you stop using it. Will your body be in a HGH shut down condition in the same way use of test shuts down your natural production
    My apologies! I went back and reread the original post and now see you are referring to feedback of rHGH on endogenous HGH production. Agree with previous post. Yes it will through elevated IGF-1 production. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks for the input guys. The next question is how long does it take for your body to resume production and is there a risk than natural production will come back lower or not at all. Also any one have success treating soft tissue injuries with short term use??

I don't know the time period for withdrawl, but I'm guessing rather quickly since IFG-1 has a relatively short half life. I'm actually wondering the same thing. I ran out over a week ago and there's a delay in the next shipment, so I'm currently without. No ill effects on withdrawal that I can discern. My IFG-1 increased from 121 (LabCorp 50-194 "normal" range for 50-60 year old) just prior to starting to 224 (range of a 30-40 year old) when I tested again 6 weeks after starting 2 IU per day.

I didn't notice much of an effect on how I felt, but my muscle did shoot up about 4 pounds rather quickly and then stabilize. I assume I was in an over-trained and under recovered state at the start and that accounts for the sudden surge and then normal growth. I also noticed about 8 weeks into therapy that chronic tendinitis in my left shoulder and right elbow slowly began to get better.

Thread Information