Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ScotchGuard02

Thread: Hair loss

Sixguns is offline New Member

Hair loss

Since starting TRT, I have noticed my hair going. Anything I can do to slow it down or should I just accept it?

GearHeaded is offline BANNED
    get DHT levels checked and then look into DHT blockers if needed

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixguns View Post
    Since starting TRT, I have noticed my hair going. Anything I can do to slow it down or should I just accept it?
    Are you on gels or injections? Some guys do experience greater conversion to DHT with gels.
    As GearH posted, the first step would be to have DHT levels checked and act accordingly. On the other hand, I wouldn't kill my DHT levels to minimize hair loss. Nelson V. has several posts on excelmale about the role of DHT in regards to sex drive.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Sixguns is offline New Member
    Injections only. Wife is ok with the bald look so I might just embrace it.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixguns View Post
    Injections only. Wife is ok with the bald look so I might just embrace it.
    Nothing wrong with that! It still wouldn't hurt to get a DHT panel run w/ your next labs. Unfortunately, it can be a tad expensive.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

There are a couple of things you can do about hair loss. The quickest is to buy Minoxidil from Costco and apply it twice a day. The foam dispenser is about twice the price of the dropper dispenser. I buy the dropper bottles. The other is to get your doc to prescribe 2mg/ed of Finasteride. You can also get shampoo with ketoconazole like Nizoral shampoo. Get the 2% ketoconazole. I've not read an studies regarding ketoconazole shampoo preventing hair loss but there's a lot of material out on the internet talking about it. All the vitamins and creams out there, IMO, is just marketing. Save your money.
    Sixguns likes this.

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Beginning HRT can come with hormonal fluctuations and that can cause hairloss. I've been using a lantanaprost/finasteride topical solution for a month. It's already working. I shaved my head to make the administration easier and cut down on the amount I have to apply, it is expensive. You can get it from compounding pharmacies like APS ,in Palm Harbor, Fl. Call them and get the details about what the doctor should write on the script. Save (a ton of) money and get the script from your GP.

YERDADDY is offline New Member
    Shave your head and make everyone say your name: "Heisenberg!"

Thread Information