joegreen is offline New Member

Always Tired Uploaded Blood work.

Hi All,

If someone will be so kind to help me out. I am 45 years old 6' tall around 189lb. I go to the gym 2 times a week and eat pretty good. My doctor wants to put me on Levothyroxinc as my Thyroid levels are high. I am not sure how great my Doctor is as I only get about 5 min with him before he moves on to others. I have an appointment with another Endocrine doctor in June as that was the earliest I could get an a appointment.

I take prevacid for my acid re flux as I have a hiatal hernia.

My symptoms are
    Tired
    No Sex Drive
    No drive to do anything. Going to the gym is very hard but I find it easier to do in the morning.
    I also find it very hard to learn anything because I can't seem to remember things.

Thanks

Joe
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Always Tired Uploaded Blood work.-biojoe2.jpg   Always Tired Uploaded Blood work.-biojoe1.jpg  

RoxRunner is offline Associate Member
    The symptoms of an underactive Thyroid match what you're describing but in researching this, the high limits of TSH are close to where you're sitting depending on the test methodology. Starting the drug is not a bad idea as long as you bring these tests to your June appt. You may also have more bw by then to compare against.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joegreen View Post
    Hi All,

If someone will be so kind to help me out. I am 45 years old 6' tall around 189lb. I go to the gym 2 times a week and eat pretty good. My doctor wants to put me on Levothyroxinc as my Thyroid levels are high. I am not sure how great my Doctor is as I only get about 5 min with him before he moves on to others. I have an appointment with another Endocrine doctor in June as that was the earliest I could get an a appointment.

I take prevacid for my acid re flux as I have a hiatal hernia.

My symptoms are
    Tired
    No Sex Drive
    No drive to do anything. Going to the gym is very hard but I find it easier to do in the morning.
    I also find it very hard to learn anything because I can't seem to remember things.

Thanks

Joe
    Not much to add. I'm confused as to why TSH is so high but T3 is still in the normal range. Total T is somewhat low, but SHBG is in the range that Free T is fairly good. I'd be concerned about the effect of adding a thyroid hormone on SHBG levels (even though it's rT3). If SHBG goes up much, it's going to drive Free T down. In your case, I think an endo consult is definitely worth it. I would probably not take the rT3 until I got the consult.

Thread Information