Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Back In Black
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By WrenchHead80
  • 1 Post By kelkel
  • 1 Post By kelkel

Thread: Testicular discomfort on TRT

  1. #1
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9

    Testicular discomfort on TRT

    45 years old, on trt for 6 months. 200mg cypionate per week, 1.5 mg anastrazol per week. Stopped hcg a month ago and now have testicular pain and sensitivity. Had bloods done last week and everything looked good except LH was low due to lack of hcg. Is this an hcg issue or another problem? Anyone who has had similar issues out there, please advise...

  2. #2
    Back In Black's Avatar
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    17,182
    It’s probably your testicles starting to atrophy because of the lack of HCG . You should start it up again.

    Also, that’s double the amount of anastrozole that I would take for triple that amount of test. Why so much?
    gymffiti likes this.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

  3. #3
    macmathews's Avatar
    macmathews is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH45 View Post
    45 years old, on trt for 6 months. 200mg cypionate per week, 1.5 mg anastrazol per week. Stopped hcg a month ago and now have testicular pain and sensitivity. Had bloods done last week and everything looked good except LH was low due to lack of hcg. Is this an hcg issue or another problem? Anyone who has had similar issues out there, please advise...
    That amount of AI would have ruined me..
    I would crash taking .75mg weekly and 120mg /Test

  4. #4
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    It’s probably your testicles starting to atrophy because of the lack of HCG . You should start it up again.

    Also, that’s double the amount of anastrozole that I would take for triple that amount of test. Why so much?
    Thanks for responding. It's what the doc put me on after first 90 day bloodwork. Seems to be keeping my estradiol right in check (22). At first my levels were borderline high with 1mg per week at 150mg. When they increased Test dosage, they increased the anastrazole. Could that possibly have something to do with the pain?
    I'm starting back up on HCG this week. Should have it today.
    Last edited by RobH45; 06-20-2018 at 08:29 AM.

  5. #5
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    1.5 mg of adex is about what I'd run for 750 mgs of test. By chance are you carrying a more body fat than normal?
    If your doctor is checking LH after being on TRT for 6 months their knowledge is lacking. LH/FSH basically zero out when on exogenous testosterone . HCG only mimics LH, it does not replace it and will not register on blood work.
    WrenchHead80 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  6. #6
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    I'm probably about 24% body fat. My estradiol was 22 as of last Monday's bloods.

  7. #7
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    1.5 mg of adex is about what I'd run for 750 mgs of test. By chance are you carrying a more body fat than normal?
    If your doctor is checking LH after being on TRT for 6 months their knowledge is lacking. LH/FSH basically zero out when on exogenous testosterone. HCG only mimics LH, it does not replace it and will not register on blood work.
    I'm probably about 24% body fat. My estradiol was 22 as of last Monday's bloods. Could the AI be causing nut pain along with no hcg or are neither related?

  8. #8
    WrenchHead80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH45 View Post
    I'm probably about 24% body fat. My estradiol was 22 as of last Monday's bloods.
    Sensitive estradiol test or regular estradiol test (that's for women)?

    You need the sensitive estradiol test. Most dr's that know little about trt don't know this.

    What's your shbg? That dictates a lot about how test and estrogen is used in your body.

    Also 22 is the low side of ok, if it's even a accurate number. You may feel better a little higher.

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WrenchHead80; 06-20-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    RobH45 likes this.

  9. #9
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Thanks for all the input guys. Gonna talk to doc tomorrow about all of it.

  10. #10
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    The lack of HCG would be causing the testicular discomfort, not the AI.
    Wrenchhead is on point about the Sens E2 Assay. Standard estradiol can (not always) be quite erroneous as it's not sensitive enough for a mans lower readings. Usually it tends to read higher than it actually is so......
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  11. #11
    WrenchHead80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    The lack of HCG would be causing the testicular discomfort, not the AI.
    Wrenchhead is on point about the Sens E2 Assay. Standard estradiol can (not always) be quite erroneous as it's not sensitive enough for a mans lower readings. Usually it tends to read higher than it actually is so......
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's taking to much AI as you said. Most guys crash their estrogen when their drs assume their high when the standard e test looks higher then it is. So the guys get put on a AI and they actually crash what would have been around a perfect number. If your 22 was from a standard e test. There is a chance you may be actually lower. That's dangerous for your health and makes your bones brittle, let alone you don't feel great. I personally feel it's better to be alittle on the higher side then lower side. One thing that would explain needing more AI then the normal guy would be if your a low shbg guy. Hence why you should find out that number. It will also help you find the best injecting protocol.

    Edit to add: I think your dr is clueless. Most of them are. 200mg a week is on the high side of a healthy longterm trt protocol. Only guys that may require that would be high shbg guys. Curious what your FT and TT was at 150mg a week and when was the blood test taken? Why did you raise it up to 200mg?


    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by WrenchHead80; 06-20-2018 at 09:33 PM.

  12. #12
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenchHead80 View Post
    I personally feel it's better to be alittle on the higher side then lower side. Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

    Always. Guys panic over slightly elevated E2 as if they're suddenly growing a vagina......
    WrenchHead80 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  13. #13
    WrenchHead80 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Always. Guys panic over slightly elevated E2 as if they're suddenly growing a vagina......
    Lmao

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Always. Guys panic over slightly elevated E2 as if they're suddenly growing a vagina......
    Lol. I'm not worried about that ^. But I did talk to the doc today and not an assistant. He cut the AI back and I'm back on the HCG . Told me I could stand to be higher E2

  15. #15
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    AI is now .25 e3d

  16. #16
    kelkel's Avatar
    kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    East Coast Dungeon
    Posts
    29,882
    Good!
    RobH45 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

  17. #17
    RobH45 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Good!
    Thank you for the advice!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •