Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ephemeral
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy

Thread: Question on TRT and bloodwork levels

doublewide is offline Associate Member

Question on TRT and bloodwork levels

I am 49 years old and diagnosed with low testosterone . I was sent to Endocrinologist who was going to put me on 200 mgs of Test Enanthate every 7 days. I took that advice but decided to up it to 300 mgs every 7 days. My recent bloodwork showed:

Testosterone , Total, MS: 2148

Testosterone, Free 537.8

Estradiol: 55

All liver functions totally within range. Cholesterol and Blood Pressure is perfect.

My main problem now is the complete lack of sex drive. My wife thinks I’m having an affair😂 I need it so little. My testosterone level is fine in the sense it’s high. Is that too high?

Can I blame my lack of sex drive on my estrogen levels? That number is high but it’s not that high. Maybe I’m just sensitive to it. I have not been taking any AI’s as I thought this was still a low dose even though it’s higher than doctors recommendation.

I have Aromasin on hand. Should I add this and, if so, how much should I take?

Thanks,

Ephemeral is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doublewide View Post
    I am 49 years old and diagnosed with low testosterone . I was sent to Endocrinologist who was going to put me on 200 mgs of Test Enanthate every 7 days. I took that advice but decided to up it to 300 mgs every 7 days. My recent bloodwork showed:

Testosterone, Free 537.8

All liver functions totally within range. Cholesterol and Blood Pressure is perfect.

My main problem now is the complete lack of sex drive. My wife thinks I’m having an affair😂 I need it so little. My testosterone level is fine in the sense it’s high. Is that too high?

Can I blame my lack of sex drive on my estrogen levels? That number is high but it’s not that high. Maybe I’m just sensitive to it. I have not been taking any AI’s as I thought this was still a low dose even though it’s higher than doctors recommendation.

Thanks,
    300 a week is beyond TRT dose, in fact your doc was wrong too to start u on 200 (outdated protocol), a good starting point is 100 a week split in 2 injections, and go from there. Most people don't even need more than 150, I was 25% higher than range even just on 90 a week (with 500 IU HCG a week, which btw u should also take if u don't already). That reminds me, always include ranges with your numbers, because different tests have different sensitivities.

Your current total T and free T is about twice than what is desirable, but again depends on ranges too. So yeah it's too high and it's gonna cause u problems down the road. Your chol and BP might be perfect now, but chances are they won't be in a couple of months.

Your libido might be related to E, but it's hard to tell coz libido in general is pretty complicated. 55 is not super high, but as I might have mentioned, depends on the range, and whether it was the sensitive type or the normal ECLIA one, the latter is said to be somewhat unreliable.

So I suggest that u cut your dose back to 100 and add 500-1000 IU HCG a week, wait 6 weeks then test it again (it takes that long for things to change). 100 might seem low for u after 300, but the HCG is gonna raise T a bit too. Also pls read these carefully:

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...rting-trt.html

https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...ould-know.html
    Cylon357 likes this.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doublewide View Post

Testosterone, Free 537.8

My main problem now is the complete lack of sex drive. My wife thinks I’m having an affair�� I need it so little. My testosterone level is fine in the sense it’s high. Is that too high?

Thanks,
    Yes it is way to high of a dose for TRT. With TRT, more is not better. You are throwing off the balance of hormones in your body. You will be battling side-effects for the rest of your life, most significantly high estrogen, high DHT, and high hemoglobin. the latter side-effect is what most guys find to be the most dose-limiting side-effect. I strongly suggest your thoroughly read and understand the first post in the "Best Practices in TRT" sticky at the top of the first page of this forum. The two main things that needs to happen is that you need to break up the injections into smaller and more frequent doses and you need to lower the overall dose.

I always recommend a starting dose of no more than 100mg per week in at least 2 divided doses of 50mg (I much prefer E3D dosing of 40mg). Most guys will find that sufficient to get them in the upper 50-75th percentile for free T (Total T is a worthless lab). A few guys need to take it up to 120mg, but few need to go higher than that unless you have high SHBG, in which case you need to approach this much differently. You should ALWAYS base protocol adjustments on lab and NEVER do it by feel.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information