Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: I'm thinking of stopping my TRT to lose some weight for awhile

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    Cmon man. Lovbyts spent his time to respond- everyone else gave up and you address him with sarcasm???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That wasnt sarcasm, that was a legitimate observation. That thread had long before that scrolled down into history. it was inactive for over a month. he had to search for it to find it, so i knew he wanted to say more than just claiming that he had no words.

Quote Originally Posted by GearHeaded View Post
    200mg test per week..(can split dosage 100mg 2x per week)

fasted cardio in the morning (or a least a brisk 20-30 minute morning walk upon waking before breakfast )

300 grams protein per day (mainly from lean chicken breast, lean ground turkey or lean beef)... NOT burgers, cheese, and pork .

200 grams carbs per day , taken in mainly around your workouts pre and especially post . if you don't workout until say 5pm, then spend most your day eating only protein, fats, and veggies and then take in the carbs pre and post workout meals. carbs sources should be "clean" like rice and potato.

40 grams of fat per day . simply adding a half an avocado or some olive oil to a salad.

fill in the rest with a diversity vegetables.

do your morning cardio every single day . then train with weights 4-5 days per week.. I'd recommend a push, pull, legs or some sort of upper lower split with mainly all compound movements . your going to get more fat loss and calorie burn out of that type of split and doing compound moves then you would a typical bro split and isolating single body parts.

^ stick with that for 12 weeks . its that simple
    thanks for your input/advice

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Gearheaded gave you a solid plan.

I would just like to stress one thing....
    If you are not going to workout and diet then there is no reason to be on 200mg/week.

You have high blood pressure, shortness of breathe, and bad lipids.
    200mg of test is putting you well into supraphysiological levels of test.

I am prescribed 80mg/week.

Most regular doctors start at 80-100mg/week.
    Most TRT money centers start higher and prescribe AIs and peptides and other shit.
    Many are in it for the money.

The only reason I can see to have you be on 200mg per week is so you can gain some muscle while losing fat.
    If you don't exercise you won't gain muscle.
    If you don't diet you won't lose fat.
    Thanks.

Regarding my dosage, my mens' health practice put me on that dosage over a year ago when i started out. My pre treatment bloodwork showed testosterone levels at around 270 or something like that. I would get an appointment every 5 weeks, but they never bothered with bloodwork. i had to ask for it, just to see what was going on. WHatever high or low out of range values, the NP always said not to worry about it. even hematocrit and E2. I told them i didnt want the AI anymore, because it was crashing my E2 and i was feeling shitty, he insisted that I needed it.

I saw some posts by Gearhead and others here that convinced me that I didnt need an AI on that low dosage of test. And the other info I got here made me decide to leave that clinic and look for another one. Since they would prescribe and supply me ten weeks supply every five week visit, i just continue on my treatment plan now until i get around to finding a more professional practice locally. Most around here seem to want to administer the weekly shots, whereas i want the flexibility to do my own semi-weekly at my convenience.

I always appreciate the invaluable advice i received here. The vast level of knowledge and experience here is not available at a medical practice. We who are on TRT realize that.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    Thanks.

Regarding my dosage, my mens' health practice put me on that dosage over a year ago when i started out. My pre treatment bloodwork showed testosterone levels at around 270 or something like that. I would get an appointment every 5 weeks, but they never bothered with bloodwork. i had to ask for it, just to see what was going on. WHatever high or low out of range values, the NP always said not to worry about it. even hematocrit and E2. I told them i didnt want the AI anymore, because it was crashing my E2 and i was feeling shitty, he insisted that I needed it.

I saw some posts by Gearhead and others here that convinced me that I didnt need an AI on that low dosage of test. And the other info I got here made me decide to leave that clinic and look for another one. Since they would prescribe and supply me ten weeks supply every five week visit, i just continue on my treatment plan now until i get around to finding a more professional practice locally. Most around here seem to want to administer the weekly shots, whereas i want the flexibility to do my own semi-weekly at my convenience.

I always appreciate the invaluable advice i received here. The vast level of knowledge and experience here is not available at a medical practice. We who are on TRT realize that.
    You should be looking at your free test levels and not total levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Gearheaded gave you a solid plan.

I would just like to stress one thing....
    If you are not going to workout and diet then there is no reason to be on 200mg/week.

You have high blood pressure, shortness of breathe, and bad lipids.
    200mg of test is putting you well into supraphysiological levels of test.

I am prescribed 80mg/week.

Most regular doctors start at 80-100mg/week.
    Most TRT money centers start higher and prescribe AIs and peptides and other shit.
    Many are in it for the money.

The only reason I can see to have you be on 200mg per week is so you can gain some muscle while losing fat.
    If you don't exercise you won't gain muscle.
    If you don't diet you won't lose fat.
    My guy knew i was not working out. He knew i didnt have any interest in working out. I just wanted to get rid of the usual effects of having a testosterone number of two hundred something. After I told him that i didnt feel much of a difference after a couple of weeks, he said "Just kick up the dose a bit, its ok, everybody does". He was a lifter, so i figured he knew his shit. It was kind of a half ass practice though, it changed offices and names every few months.

I did temporarily cut my semi-weekly dose a couple of weeks ago, as suggested by brothers here, when i started up again from a month TRT vacation. I am waiting awhile for my levels to stabilize before i find a new clinic, or order bloodwork myself online.

The diet advice does look good.

TestingMe is offline Associate Member
    All 'jokes' aside but you can wind up killing yourself if you try hard enough.

For TRT many take .5 ml a week or even less I've heard.

Regardless, if you Hemoglobin and Hematocrit keep rising you could stroke out or get a heart attack. At the least you will experience shortness of breath and feel like shit.

Your Hematocrit is almost 49..

I think you likely are over correcting from getting to zero Test and back on with 100mg. I think half that much is a better idea.

Have another cookie haha : )

I've mentioned donating blood and also tracking Iron Levels.
    lovbyts likes this.

Donating blood would be a very smart thing to do.

I heard that if your BP is too high, they dont let you donate. Mine is better today than yesterday. I have to see what the limit is to donate.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BP.jpeg 
Views:	81 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	179282

glad to see it's come down. I bet you are fine to donate now.

Next blood panel get Serum Iron panel. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by TestingMe View Post
    glad to see it's come down. I bet you are fine to donate now.

Next blood panel get Serum Iron panel. Good to know.
    thanks

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I knew this guy would not be around for long. #1 he didnt listen to anyone and thought he had all the answers even though he was asking the questions and a newbie.

Some people have far to much faith in someone just because someone is a doctor. Do you know what they call a medical student who graduates dead last in the class? Doctor... This guys doctor was a quack if what he says was true.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information