C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.

Bacteriostatic sodium chloride vs bacteriostatic water

Greetings bredren

Is there a difference between the two items mentioned in the title? Some hCG i get recommends bacteriostatic water for reconstitution, and other brands come with a vial that says bacteriostatic sodium chloride on it. Is there a difference, or is it just two names for the same thing?

If they are different, which one is better to use for reconstituting a vial of hCG?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    SC is for one time use

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Like bio said above, the sodium chloride water is for one injection, so it would be bacteriostatic water you want for your HCG as it is for multiple injections.

Bacteriostatic water (Bac water) contains benzyl alcohol, it stops the formation of bacteria ect.

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    Greetings bredren

Is there a difference between the two items mentioned in the title? Some hCG i get recommends bacteriostatic water for reconstitution, and other brands come with a vial that says bacteriostatic sodium chloride on it. Is there a difference, or is it just two names for the same thing?

If they are different, which one is better to use for reconstituting a vial of hCG?
    Two names for the same thing. Only sterile saline (also called 'Normal Saline') is used for injections. There are preserved and non-preserved varieties. The term 'bacteriostatic' indicated that it has a preservative in addition to being normal saline.

Bacteriostatic sodium chloride vs bacteriostatic water

Quote Originally Posted by clarky. View Post
    Like bio said above, the sodium chloride water is for one injection, so it would be bacteriostatic water you want for your HCG as it is for multiple injections.

Bacteriostatic water (Bac water) contains benzyl alcohol, it stops the formation of bacteria ect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    SC is for one time use
    So the stuff that comes with Val's hCG is for one time use only? Why make sodium chloride water bacteriostatic if you are supposed to use it immediately?

Last edited by C27H40O3; 04-26-2020 at 07:46 PM.

I can’t figure it out from google if it’s supposed to be the same together. I thought it was either / or.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information