Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Endo Prescription Question

Dorn Iron is offline New Member

Endo Prescription Question

Good evening all,
    Last week I called my doctors office for a refill. This is normal. I am generally prescribed 1 10ml vial of 200mg/ml Test Cyp. My doctor and I have an agreement for 200mg or 1ml of the solution once every 2 weeks but I take 50mgs twice a week to achieve more steady levels. Here is where the question starts and where things are out of the ordinary. The prescription he sent to my pharmacy was 1 10ml vial as usual with 1 refill but with a stipulation that the second vial has to filled by 08/09/2021. This would be a total of 20mls of 200mg/ml which at my dose would be effective to treat me for 10 months. The refill date is 6 months away. So I'd have 10 months worth of test in a 6month time period. Does this seem normal? Maybe I have just never done the math on it. I Understand that I would use 1 vial in 5 months and then could fill the next vial and request another refill. What if I titrated my dose up to fit the model? Obviously would have to dial back if I had to do blood work. Sort of doing a blast and cruise. Has anyone done this with a prescriber? Does it seem logical or should I just stick with prescribed dose because I could get screwed?

Thank you for you advice.
    Last edited by Dorn Iron; 02-08-2021 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Added more information.

Dorn Iron is offline New Member
    Thanks for your advice, that tends to be right in line with my thinking. With multiple patients and over the course of months it definitely has the potential to go unnoticed unless he is unrealistic and actually trying to catch me "abusing test" which is probably just a paranoid thought.

Thread Information