Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gallowmere
  • 2 Post By

Thread: Test levels Prior to starting TRT

wellshii is offline Member

Test levels Prior to starting TRT

I am getting older and not any younger.
    Just two years ago I had test levels in the 800s and decent free test(in the middle)
    But now my levels are dropping as noted by blood work (more than once in the past year).
    I am now in the 500s with free test sitting at 79(both right in the middle of ranges via Quest labs).
    Honestly though,I feel like shit and would like to get on an "optimal TRT" plan.
    So what were your guys levels when qualifying for TRT?

Gallowmere is offline Knowledgeable Member

Test levels Prior to starting TRT

Quote Originally Posted by wellshii View Post
    I am getting older and not any younger.
    Just two years ago I had test levels in the 800s and decent free test(in the middle)
    But now my levels are dropping as noted by blood work (more than once in the past year).
    I am now in the 500s with free test sitting at 79(both right in the middle of ranges via Quest labs).
    Honestly though,I feel like shit and would like to get on an "optimal TRT" plan.
    So what were your guys levels when qualifying for TRT?
    There aren’t many doctors who are going to bother with you at those levels. You may find a clinic that will consider your previous levels and try to put you back or above there.
    As for “optimal”, basically it’s as high as you can consistently run with no negative impacts on any other biomarkers or quality of life things. Some guys find this in the 800-1000 range, others I’ve seen running “sports TRT” at 3mg/kg which typically puts them in the 1500-1700 range with no issues.
    It’s highly individualized and based more on response than any hard numbers.

As for my levels, I am primary hypo, so my total was in the 50-100 range, with free in the single digits, and sensitive estradiol at 7-9.
    wellshii likes this.

dreadnok89 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallowmere View Post
    There aren’t many doctors who are going to bother with you at those levels. You may find a clinic that will consider your previous levels and try to put you back or above there.
    As for “optimal”, basically it’s as high as you can consistently run with no negative impacts on any other biomarkers or quality of life things. Some guys find this in the 800-1000 range, others I’ve seen running “sports TRT” at 3mg/kg which typically puts them in the 1500-1700 range with no issues.
    It’s highly individualized and based more on response than any hard numbers.

As for my levels, I am primary hypo, so my total was in the 50-100 range, with free in the single digits, and sensitive estradiol at 7-9.

I had similar stats. I'm primary too. Couldn't even get out of bed or do anything physical and fell asleep all day. Terrible anxiety too

D O’Brien is offline New Member
    Anxiety! That’s been creeping up on me for the last couple of years!

Getting bloods done this week and planning on starting TRT asap
    dreadnok89 and Gallowmere like this.

Thread Information