Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Please help with BP issue: test & Adderall

Charlie6 is offline Senior Member

Unhappy Please help with BP issue: test & Adderall

I have been extremely stressed out lately about this predicament I'm in. I'll try bullet points so it's not so wordy:

-Had been on test cyp 100mg/wk IM for almost six years, before being switched a month ago to 160mg/wk subq split twice weekly (found an awesome doc)
    -had been on Adderall ir for 3 years before being switched to xr about 2 months ago
    -my blood pressure has always been slightly high (I wanna say the 140ish/80ish, but previous docs haven't been concerned about it
    -my new doctor is understandably very concerned, as lately my BP has been higher. Even before my test dose was increased a month ago, my BP was high. I remember once it read 177/106
    -my hct has always been high, and as of a month ago, I now get unlimited therapeutic phlebotomys.
    -a month ago I was put on 10mg lisinopril BP med. That lowered my BP to the 130s, but doc said he wants me under 130 to continue taking my Adderall, so we upped it to 20mg/day. BP is now sadly in the 150 range, possibly due to stress in my life.
    -doc is going to kick me off my Adderall which is scary to me because I do rely on it for focus. He said perhaps we can try Vyvanse which I used to be on.
    -I believe the test is raising my BP, not my Adderall.

I guess my question is, do you all think my testosterone is the culprit over the Adderall? I really don't know how to remedy this bp issue. I don't understand why I've been on these meds before and my bp was fine. But now it's not. I'm losing sleep over this, and panicking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    It's hard to say. How does your blood pressure values look when your Hct is in range for a while? Mine creeps up then my HCT is upper end/out of range.

The Adderall probably isn't helping your BP any either.

Stay well hydrated!!
    lovbyts likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When my doc upped me from 20mg to 40mg of It didnt make a difference so she switched me to dilTIAZem 240 MG & losartan-hydrochlorothiazide 100-25 mg.

I also take adderall 20mg day.

Without meds my blood pressure is the same as yours, without stress. It was all good until my 3rd wife. lol On the current meds its within range.

Why and how long do you plan on cruising on 160mg a week of test?

Thread Information