Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sully169

Thread: TRT test level

T-boner is offline Associate Member

TRT test level

Been on TRT 5 years. My doctor just got upset because my test level is too high. Told me if it doesn’t come down I’ll have to find another doctor. I’m doing 150mg per week test. Test level came back at 1500ng/dl. Top of normal range is 1100ng/dl.
    All my other numbers are perfect except estrogen is a little high. No gyno. No acne. I feel fine.
    Does high test alone cause problems if all other numbers are normal? I keep asking him what issues high testosterone will cause but he doesn’t have an answer. Keeps telling me it can cause my other systems to go out of whack. But nothing else is being effected other than estrogen. Should I be worried?

sully169 is offline New Member
    What type of doc? Primary, endocrinologist or urologist? That tells alot about their comfortbality with prescribing it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

He is just a family practice. My primary TRT doctor retired. The previous doctor didn’t care if my test was high as long as everything else was in normal range.
    I want to know if test being high alone can cause a problem. What I’ve read is that high test causes the other numbers to go out of range but it’s the other stuff that causes problems. What health problems can high test alone cause if everything else is good?

Testosterone can cause high hemoglobin which causes hypertension (and a risk of blood clots if hemoglobin is too high) and test also causes increases in cholesterol ie triglycerides. Also estrogen can be increased but most doctors, especially family practice do not believe this.

Those are truly the only issues I am aware of and just a High Testosterone level should not be cause for concern.

IMO Your family practice doctor is not comfortable in this area (hormone replacement) and that is why he/she is uncomfortable treating you with a high test level.

Quote Originally Posted by sully169 View Post
    Testosterone can cause high hemoglobin which causes hypertension (and a risk of blood clots if hemoglobin is too high) and test also causes increases in cholesterol ie triglycerides. Also estrogen can be increased but most doctors, especially family practice do not believe this.

Those are truly the only issues I am aware of and just a High Testosterone level should not be cause for concern.

IMO Your family practice doctor is not comfortable in this area (hormone replacement) and that is why he/she is uncomfortable treating you with a high test level.

That’s what I’m thinking also. My blood count is normal. Kidney and liver functions normal. Cholesterol is great.
    If anyone else knows of anything I should be concerned about from high test levels alone, let me know.

In the future tho you might wanna drop your dosage a few mgs a few weeks ( 3-4)before testing to have it closer to the range

T-boner likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by T-boner View Post
    Been on TRT 5 years. My doctor just got upset because my test level is too high. Told me if it doesn’t come down I’ll have to find another doctor. I’m doing 150mg per week test. Test level came back at 1500ng/dl. Top of normal range is 1100ng/dl.
    All my other numbers are perfect except estrogen is a little high. No gyno. No acne. I feel fine.
    Does high test alone cause problems if all other numbers are normal? I keep asking him what issues high testosterone will cause but he doesn’t have an answer. Keeps telling me it can cause my other systems to go out of whack. But nothing else is being effected other than estrogen. Should I be worried?
    He should be more concerned with your free T levels and how you feel.
    Last edited by almostgone; 05-05-2022 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Terrible spelling .....
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    He should be more concerned with your free T levels and how you feel.
    Free test is came back 463. Range is 35-155pg/ml.
    He didn’t like that at all either.

Painjunky is offline Junior Member
    Check DHT too

Thread Information