dale is offline Associate Member

script filling question

Does the prescribing Doctor know when and where you have your scripts filled that he writes for you?

BigDog225 is offline New Member
    Where - If he writes it on paper. No. If they call it in. Yes

When - No

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    There are no refils on my test and they have to call it in when I refil.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    My doctor just writes me a script and he has NO idea where or when you fill it. However, if you are using insurance they will KNOW everything.

I happen to have had to different scripts for the same thing at one time. I took one to 1 pharmacy and filled it and used insurance and then took the second script to a totally different pharmacy and filled it w/o insurance and paid cash for it. Insurance denied the second because it was too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeLo View Post
    My doctor just writes me a script and he has NO idea where or when you fill it. However, if you are using insurance they will KNOW everything.

I happen to have had to different scripts for the same thing at one time. I took one to 1 pharmacy and filled it and used insurance and then took the second script to a totally different pharmacy and filled it w/o insurance and paid cash for it. Insurance denied the second because it was too soon.
    I know I will have to come out of pocket to go to another pharmacy...I just wondered if the doctor is alerted to the fact that the refill is filled before it's time. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    There are no refils on my test and they have to call it in when I refil.
    No refills on mine either...they stopped doing that after that FL bust. My Doc just writes another script that i'm to submit when my prior script is scheduled to be empty.

CeeLo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    I know I will have to come out of pocket to go to another pharmacy...I just wondered if the doctor is alerted to the fact that the refill is filled before it's time. thanks.
    I doubt it. They don't have a clue. That's why you would have to go back to the doctor to get a new script if you need it. The pharmacy that you fill with will keep the script for the remainder of the refills and will probably get suspicious if you refill to often.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    everytime a RX gets filled a copy of the RX gets faxed back to the doctor...hope this answers your intrigue

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    everytime a RX gets filled a copy of the RX gets faxed back to the doctor...hope this answers your intrigue
    Sorry jpkman, that is not correct. I don't mean to offend - but I am involved with this subject in my job.

If it is adjudicated through a third party, then the payor will know thus the denial based on too soon to refill. If it is paid cash, most times it stays in the pharmacy system. The doc does not get notified if the script was filled or not.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Sorry jpkman, that is not correct. I don't mean to offend - but I am involved with this subject in my job.

If it is adjudicated through a third party, then the payor will know thus the denial based on too soon to refill. If it is paid cash, most times it stays in the pharmacy system. The doc does not get notified if the script was filled or not.
    no offense taken and i believe that it might not come back to the dr. but i think knowing that it can be found by the doctor is important and even though i pay cash currently, my doc is getting the prescriptions faxed back to him...so i guess we're both correct or incorrect and the correct statement would be it may or maynot find its way back

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    no offense taken and i believe that it might not come back to the dr. but i think knowing that it can be found by the doctor is important and even though i pay cash currently, my doc is getting the prescriptions faxed back to him...so i guess we're both correct or incorrect and the correct statement would be it may or maynot find its way back
    Sounds like he has an understanding with the pharmacy you are taking the script to - wonder if he would be notified if you went to another pharmacy? Either way you are right, it is possible it could find it's way back eventually.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I have been picking up mine early and so far so good.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    my doc calls it in when i run out. she doesn't keep track of it that closely. the only requirement is that i get a blood test every 6 months.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    so why are you asking?

Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    so why are you asking?
    If I turn in my next script early I don't want the Doc to question me as to why. He lowered my dose twice from 1cc to .4cc a week. Now my levels are down to 430. I told him that I have felt a big difference since he has done this and that he should be going by the way I fell instead of numbers and he replied..."I'm a numbers man". That's funny, for over a year he had no problem with my numbers being between 950 and 1025.

ENraged is offline Senior Member
    Perhaps a second opinion is in order, as my doc is all about how I feel which is awesome!
    Which i would also let him know your considering a second opinion as the numbers mean crap if you don't feel better IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ENraged View Post
    Perhaps a second opinion is in order, as my doc is all about how I feel which is awesome!
    Which i would also let him know your considering a second opinion as the numbers mean crap if you don't feel better IMO
    amen brutha! numbers are good for monitoring adjustments to your TRT. your symptoms and how your feel take priority. i went to several doctors who said my levels were good even though they were at the bottom of the range. i didn't even ask for the numbers back then, i just accepted it.

i think having a huge range like 200-1500 for TT is the most ridiculous thing i ever heard of. the range was established by testing people of all ages! it's like they tested two people to establish a baseline, one was 90 years old and the other was 18 years old...lol

wouldn't it be more pratical to categorize ranges in 5 year age groups?

clozto50 is offline New Member
    Yes its crazy,hey high blood pressure is high blood pressure no matter what age.Low test is low test no matter what age.Whats wrong with being in the upper range instead of the lower????

Quote Originally Posted by clozto50 View Post
    Yes its crazy,hey high blood pressure is high blood pressure no matter what age.Low test is low test no matter what age.Whats wrong with being in the upper range instead of the lower????
    lol, that's what i said to my first doc. he said "well, your TT is on the low side but still in range". so i said "oh cool, then you wouldn't mind me being at the high end as long as i'm in range".

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I figure if the doc says anything about me picking it up early then I will tell him I have extra in case I get laid off. What can he say....

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dale View Post
    If I turn in my next script early I don't want the Doc to question me as to why. He lowered my dose twice from 1cc to .4cc a week. Now my levels are down to 430. I told him that I have felt a big difference since he has done this and that he should be going by the way I fell instead of numbers and he replied..."I'm a numbers man". That's funny, for over a year he had no problem with my numbers being between 950 and 1025.
    a study i read showed that 550 - 800 were good normal numbers... if you want you test high their are problems to keep that too high(im not saying 1100 is too high)

so the question is motivation - are you motivated to get the levels up to build more muscle? then just do a cycle for 12 weeks...

if your motivated by how you feel (only you know this and dont bs your self) then tell the doc...

just "imo"

Quote Originally Posted by THORSZ View Post
    I figure if the doc says anything about me picking it up early then I will tell him I have extra in case I get laid off. What can he say....
    the doctors are usually not as nosey or mind as much as nosey mathmetician pharmacists...i used to do the same as you...i could refill every month and insurance would let me pick up a few days early in the month and i would get asap and it was a good thing cuz i did lose insurance and the stock pile kept me with juice thru the lean times

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    The state matters too. Oregon requires picking it up "by the date" of expiration. Washington requires that it be "used" by that date. If you try and pick up a vial with three weeks to go before it expires, then the pharmacist will refuse to refill because one can not finish the vial by the expiration date. Cost me when i first moved here.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteowl View Post
    The state matters too. Oregon requires picking it up "by the date" of expiration. Washington requires that it be "used" by that date. If you try and pick up a vial with three weeks to go before it expires, then the pharmacist will refuse to refill because one can not finish the vial by the expiration date. Cost me when i first moved here.
    Good point

Thread Information