pyramid is offline Junior Member

Estrogen high, do I need an anti E?

Had blood work done last week, talked with the doc's assistant today briefly and she told me my test is 712ng/dl estrogen 55ng/dl. She also said the doc would discuss the labs in more detail at my appointment next week. My hemoglobin and hemocratin sorry my spelling sucks were both high which I figured I can give a pint of blood every six weeks to keep that in check. I am currently on test cyp @ 150mg a week and HCG @ 500iu 2x a week. I will post my complete blood work next week when I get it. Based on these numbers does it look like I need an anti E to bring the estrogen down? Thanks...

BeastintheSheets is offline New Member
    IMO you shouldn't run HCG with TRT. It will just create this estrogen problem. If for some reason you want to continue the HCG, yes you do need an anti-estrogen. Whether or not your doc will do this for you I don't know, but at a level of 55 you are asking for problems.

BigBlackGuy is offline Banned
    I really think you need to lower the estrogen. I can't say for sure, but you might need to lower your dose if all these markers are off. You would also need to know that high estrogen levels can effect the prostate. DHT, though, is a more natural way to lower estrogen without using AIs and can also help with other estrogen related sides like gyno and prostate growth (assuming these are problems). Like above poster said, Hcg isn't necessary on trt, but can be useful if you're looking for the hormone cascade that the testes can provide outside of testosterone .

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    150 mg / week on top of HCG is a high script. No wonder your estrogen levels are high. You want them below 30, and ultimately about 10 (you will never accomplish that when taking HRT so don't think it is a realistic goal).

You need to back off on your dosage or go to an AI. Zinc (50 or 100 mg a day) can help reduce the test->estrogen coversion.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    150 mg / week on top of HCG is a high script. No wonder your estrogen levels are high. You want them below 30, and ultimately about 10 (you will never accomplish that when taking HRT so don't think it is a realistic goal).

You need to back off on your dosage or go to an AI. Zinc (50 or 100 mg a day) can help reduce the test->estrogen coversion.
    once again...hrt is an INDIVIDUAL thing and doses and levels maybe different for some...to speak with such exact numbers is a little wreckless

just my .02

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    once again...hrt is an INDIVIDUAL thing and doses and levels maybe different for some...to speak with such exact numbers is a little wreckless

just my .02
    My thoughts were accurate, but my communication was faulty. I should have said 150 mg/week plus HCG is a higher than average script for HRT. I did not mean it was too high or even too high for him. The 712 total test obviously isn't that high, but he is obviously converting a lot of test to estrogen with the 55 level.

pyramid is offline Junior Member
    Any good sources for an anti E if my doc is not onboard, will it help with water retention?

Quote Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
    Any good sources for an anti E if my doc is not onboard, will it help with water retention?
    this site's board sponsor's liquidex is from what i hear very effective

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoBlueMilk View Post
    My thoughts were accurate, but my communication was faulty. I should have said 150 mg/week plus HCG is a higher than average script for HRT. I did not mean it was too high or even too high for him. The 712 total test obviously isn't that high, but he is obviously converting a lot of test to estrogen with the 55 level.
    I disagree with this statement. It may be higher than needed, but not higher than the average trt script imo and experience.

Sure is a lot of running around our backswing to avoid AI's these days.

If he is going to lower his t dose, end up around 4-500, I believe the OP will STILL need an AI. Or do you think 4-500 with an E2 of 40 or 45 is still acceptable?

Pyramid,

You're call bro.

Flats

i also wouldnt hold the e2 being under 30 as gospel either...i think in range would be sufficient and mostly if symptoms of high e2 werent present

TGraham is offline Junior Member
    just my .02
    I read that one needs a healthy dose of E2 to have a libido (<30). IS THAT TRUE?

Quote Originally Posted by TGraham View Post
    I read that one needs a healthy dose of E2 to have a libido (<30). IS THAT TRUE?
    e2 has a range and if your in that and symptoms arent present i dont see why 30 is a magic number or 25 or whoever is claiming to know the magic number these days..

if my numbers were coming back at 45 and i was feeling good, keepin my strength and energy and nuff wood to pound the puss why would i want to dial it back under 30

TGraham is offline Junior Member
    e2 has a range and if your in that and symptoms arent present i dont see why 30 is a magic number or 25 or whoever is claiming to know the magic number these days..

if my numbers were coming back at 45 and i was feeling good, keepin my strength and energy and nuff wood to pound the puss why would i want to dial it back under 30
    Agreed..

Thread Information