Thread: dosage??

AintDa1 is offline New Member

dosage??

I am 38 yr old white male, 5'10, 200lbs. Average build, workout 3 -5 Times a week. Haven't seen much growth or strength. I was recently tested and my test level was 320. Dr. Said normal was 250 -800. He gave me oral test. I went back and his assistant hooked me up with cypiate. They have me on 200mg every two weeks. I work out of town so the schedule is this. 1-200mg shot at dr may 14.. 2 weeks later another 200mg shot at dr. May 28 Then I am suppose to administer a 200 mg shot every 2 weeks for one month june 11 and june 25. Then go in for bloodwork July 2. I just don't want my levels to be too low and dose gets cut. I was thinking I would inject 100mg twice a week and then stop 2 weeks before I go in for bloodwork. Or, should I just file follow prescription and make last injection 2 weeks before bloodwork. Then, boost the dosage up after my next dr. Visit. Not sure if I want to work this on a cycle or just up to 300mg a week for a couple months then just drop down to prescription dose after a cycle. No experience in this. Any advice would be appreciated.

Beethoven is offline Productive Member
    I would do 50 mg 2 times per week. Start looking for another Dr but in the meantime that is what I would do. Get a copy of all your BW so as to not have to stop for new BW with a new Dr. You should schedule your BW the morning of your next shot BEFORE you inject.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    1) For now, follow the prescription. TRT is not something you want to maximize. Instead, you want to find the "sweet spot", which is that point where you maximize test levels and minimize side effects, like blood pressure, RBC/Hematocrit, resting pulse rate, that sort of thing. Too much test over long periods of time will typically increase these levels.

2) For best results, blood tests should be done mid point between injections

3) Discuss with your doctor changing injection protocols from 200mg eow to 100mg ew.

4) Try to avoid the oral test. Very harsh on the liver. Very expensive. High maintenance due to swallowing caps all the time.

Hope this helps?
    ---Roman

2Sox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If, as you say, you have no experience with this, I would suggest that you not even THINK about cycling. That's the first thing.

I would also advise that you find another doctor as it is rather clear from your dosing protocol that this one doesn't have a clue about TRT. Lower, more frequent, weekly or twice weekly dosing is what knowledgeable physicians write for. Some even dose daily. I do.

If you self inject, back it down to 100mg/week. This is a very good place to start. Many men on this forum stay at this dose. Do 50mg every 3.5 days. Begin there and see how you feel. (You may want to consider SQ with an insulin syringe. This makes for a more steady state release of T into you body.) You can always titrate up later on if your blood work and your subjective feelings indicate the present dose is insufficient

AintDa1 is offline New Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll do the 50mg twice a week. Keep getting checked. But someone in the near future I would like to boost it up for a couple months to see some gains from the hard work I'm putting in the gym.

trikydik is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    AintDa1 - don't worry if it takes a while to find the right doctor. A lot don't know much about male TRT.
    I will tell you the same thing people here told me... if you are having trouble in your area, look up A4M. They are doctors in all areas of the country that specialize in helping guys like us with TRT... My only issue is a lot don't take insurance.

It took me 7 doctors to find one I trusted. First 5 didn't even want to treat me. Family doctor wanted me to be below 320 for 2 months, urologist told me "I don't treat quality fo life issues", then 3 others didn't have a clue. Dr. 6 was 30 miles away, didn't take insurance and charged $40 per shot per week. Dr. 7 takes insurance, charges $20 but makes me go there for shots...

Welcome to the forum... Lot of good info here. Feel free to ask people questions.... We all have been where you are at.

Thread Information