Kozmo is offline Associate Member

Good luck asking pharmacy help

Jut got back from the closest sterile compounding pharmacy. I wanted to get a list of the doctors that they fill hcg for. I explained it very carefully however all they were interested in is referring me to the trt docs that scam I mean practice out of it. The part that pissed me off is how they continued to act like they didn't understand what I was asking and gave me attitude. I don't believe they are that dumb they just want me to pay one of there docs to get on there anti aging program. The medical industry is complete crap.
    Rant done.

Any experiences you want to share?

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    My experience wasn't as bad as yours, but had a similar outcome.

They were actually very pleasant and understanding of my issues, the pharmacy manager and I spoke for about 20 minutes and he was super nice.

The printed me a list to take with me. After researching every doctor on the list I realized that all of them worked for various anti-aging clinics...the kind with insane prices.

So technically the pharmacy helped me out, but it definitely wasn't what I was hoping for.

lancerevo is offline New Member
    What exactly is the problem with anti aging clinics? Most accept insurance (at least the ones I've seen). and they're very open about prescribing test/hcg /anastrozole without much pushback.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lancerevo View Post
    What exactly is the problem with anti aging clinics? Most accept insurance (at least the ones I've seen). and they're very open about prescribing test/hcg/anastrozole without much pushback.

I was wondering the same thing. From my experience with doctors and endos the anti aging clinics know a LOT more than the "legit" doctors do.

I'm thinking they may have been doing you a favor.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Have to agree.

j2048b is offline Associate Member
    im confused, because ive never found an anti aging clinic who would accept insurance.....if i had, i wouldnt have joined my clinic, or finally found a good doctor....

The price is the problem. Anti aging doctors know enough to do it for money. What are the rates that you have found for anti aging clinics

You have to understand your broken balls means more money for them. I don't even think I should be typing this people here should have an understanding of how F'd up the medical industry is

Yes some clinics take insurance

Chauffeur is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kozmo View Post
    The price is the problem. Anti aging doctors know enough to do it for money. What are the rates that you have found for anti aging clinics

You have to understand your broken balls means more money for them. I don't even think I should be typing this people here should have an understanding of how F'd up the medical industry is
    While I agree that the prices can sometimes be excessive, can you really blame them?

There is very little benefit for them to do it any other way. By not participating with insurance, these doctors eliminate all of the hassle and paperwork. Ask any doctor and they will probably tell you that dealing with insurance companies is their least favorite part of their job.

On top of that, they make more money this way. In a perfect world they'd be doing anything they can to help the patient, but they have families and bills just like everyone else.

I'm not saying it's right, but I certainly see why they do it.

hawk14dl is offline Senior Member
    Lowtestosterone.com

Yes, more expensive than going through a dr with insurance. It is, however cheaper then going through a men's clinic

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    HCG is cheap and easily had on the black market. No Rx needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauffeur View Post
    While I agree that the prices can sometimes be excessive, can you really blame them?

There is very little benefit for them to do it any other way. By not participating with insurance, these doctors eliminate all of the hassle and paperwork. Ask any doctor and they will probably tell you that dealing with insurance companies is their least favorite part of their job.

On top of that, they make more money this way. In a perfect world they'd be doing anything they can to help the patient, but they have families and bills just like everyone else.

I'm not saying it's right, but I certainly see why they do it.
    Yes I can blame them. Understand the reality of your profession before you invest 7 years of your life. There are good doctors and bad doctors. Either way they are responsible for their action just like you and me.

Research other countries, there medical statistics and government policy then come back and discuss If you think you can keep up.

OingoBoingo is offline Member
    Testosterone is cheap. hCG is cheap.

I wouldn't mind paying a doctor whatever he wanted if he knows what he's doing. The average anti-aging doctor has more TRT experience than the corner GP, and that makes him worth it, IMO.

But interview your prospective doctor first, and see if you can agree on treatment plans and goals.

Once you get dialed in, you won't be seeing the doctor often.

I have lived in four other countries in addition to the US, and believe your understanding of the state of the art of medical care outside the US is seriously lacking. If I had a life threatening problem, I would be back on a plane to the US so fast that you wouldn't believe it. I want the best medical care I can afford, not the cheapest.

In the uk it is legal to buy steroids for personal use. In Germany you can drink beer when you can be seen over the counter. State of the art are your words not mine. You say you have lived in multiple countries Know anything about the Swiss health system. Your either lying about the multiple country thing or you can't see past your own nose.

I am not going to debate you about facts.

Well, move on over there then? Sounds like it's so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk14dl View Post
    Well, move on over there then? Sounds like it's so much better.
    This is the typical comment someone gives when they realize they know nothing about topic, yet they would like to comment.

I have citizenship in a country besides the US. Wherever I am I will own you.

There may be hope for you yet, turn off the tv and pick up a book

Never mind
    Last edited by hawk14dl; 08-12-2014 at 12:42 PM. Reason: You'll never win arguing with a brick wall

Now, your showing some intelligence

Thread Information