wannabebig2 is offline Junior Member

I had my first appointment with endocronologist yesterday - surprised

This is a follow up thread fron before : http://forums.steroid.com/hormone-re...s-strange.html

I had my first appintment with my endocronologist yesterday. SHe started out by asking me why I was refered to her. I told her about my symptoms fatigue, muslce weakness, body fat increase, just feeling run down. SHe asked about my job and my lifestyle, I told her I work full time in a retail store, on my feet walking around all day lifting boxes and such. She asked about my diet, I told her what I eat. She asked about my sex life. The what she sais after all her questions surprised me. She said I am a canidate for TRT!

She went on to tell the the benifits of TRT, and the cons of it as well. But she suggested I try lifestyle and diet changes first as she said diet can influance test and shbg levels. She suggested I cut way way back on simple carbs. And exercize a bit more. Ok I'm willing to try those changes to see if it helps. I've never heard or read of diet being a big influence on test or shbg levels, but she is the doctor.

Now about her TRT program. She said there are several options for TRT, implants, injections and gels. SHe said here in hot humid Florida the gels tend not to work well, guys sweat the gel away. Most of her patients go with the injections. They start out injecting at the office and teaching patients how to self inject. She said patients usually start self injecting after a few months. They start the injections at every 2 weeks. She also said that getting insurance to cover TRT is almost immpossible, but even without insuirnace the injections would probably run $30 to $40 a month.

SO now I am going to try the diet and lifestyle changes she reccommended until I see her again in 4 months for more blood tests.

Ok so feedback on all this?

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Only that you hit a goldmine. mainstream doctors (especially endocrinologists) are rarely that enlightened. I would advise breaking those two week injections into much smaller twice weekly injections (benefit too is that you can go with a much smaller insulin syringe). This will help to avoid post-injection spikes in T, which can cause post-injections spikes in conversion to E2.

What is the actual dose?

Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    Only that you hit a goldmine. mainstream doctors (especially endocrinologists) are rarely that enlightened. I would advise breaking those two week injections into much smaller twice weekly injections (benefit too is that you can go with a much smaller insulin syringe). This will help to avoid post-injection spikes in T, which can cause post-injections spikes in conversion to E2.

What is the actual dose?
    Well we haven't even discussed dosage yet, we'll wait and see what the blood test numbers looks like in 4 months. Her protocol is every 2 weeks, but if that doesn't work well for me, and most like it won't, I'll talk to her about weekly dosages.

Simon1972 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Agreed, try the diet see how you go, if you really want to " encourage " TRT, then stuck with your existing diet. Your call.

I do recommend the twice a week protocol, but once a week may work for you. Don't push her on dosages just yet, you can always discuss after you get on trt and get bloods first. You don't want to be pushy at the outset. Let her guide you. Once your on, you can adjust protocols.
    Last edited by Simon1972; 06-07-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Not sure

Quote Originally Posted by Simon1972 View Post
    Agreed, try the diet see how you go, if you really want to " encourage " TRT, then stuck with your existing diet. Your call.

I do recommend the twice a week protocol, but once a week may work for you. Don't push her on dosages just yet, you can always discuss after you get on trt and get bloods first. You don't want to be pushy at the outset. Let her guide you. Once your on, you can adjust protocols.
    I'm not sure I want to encourage TRT, I am going to get myself tested via private labs or other such service in a couple of months and see if there is any improvement in my numbers, I'm also taking a few supps that are supposed to help with testosterone , vitamin d, zinc, magnesium, stinging nettle root and tongkat ali. If my numbers aren't better in 2 months maybe I go back to my regular eating habits.

Thread Information