Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    forfing is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    66

    Lightbulb Low T and Andriol Question as TRT (Help needed)

    Dear All,

    For the last year, I have been feeling low on mood and energy, low sex drive, difficulty to keep erection.

    I went for a blood test (i am 33) and got those results.

    Low T and Andriol Question as TRT (Help needed)-s8tlwfh.png

    May I know first what do you think of this level for my age?

    Secondly, my doctor told me I could go on Andriol one cap a day.

    I tried this in the past and it gives an amazing feeling even after only taking one.

    I was using it for a period of a few weeks couple years ago for Bodybuilding purposes and it kind of works on high dosage (6/7 a day) before switching to injection which didn't procure this feeling of wellbeing that Andriol was giving me.

    I must emphasize on the fact that Andriol really acts like a mood enhancer for me. 1 hour after taking it I was feeling really good and could lift much more than without a cap.

    Anyway, nowadays I am not into this anymore and would just find back my energy and stamina.

    I would like to get your honest opinion about my current T Level and what you would recommend me to (TRT with Andriol / Do nothing or something else)?

    Thanks a lot for your kind answers
    Last edited by forfing; 10-31-2019 at 12:13 PM.

  2. #2
    almostgone's Avatar
    almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the lower carolina
    Posts
    21,408
    I think you need more extensive labwork as listed in the thread below to find out what is going on. Others will post up their input, I'm sure.

    https://forums.steroid.com/hormone-r...physician.html
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

  3. #3
    forfing is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    66
    Thanks for your answer, would appreciate more insights about what my blood test says so far.

  4. #4
    Windex's Avatar
    Windex is online now MONITOR
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Arctic Circle
    Posts
    3,657
    You need more bloodwork to develop data. A single blood test doesn't correlate to all inclusive diagnosis.

    secondly, if you want to be on HRT then you need to do injections, no exceptions. Capsules and Gel are not a substitute. Forget about the well-being placebo effect.

    Read the sticky threads


    90% of doctors understand 10% of HRT in men.

    Just testing Free Testosterone and total test means literally NOTHING. There are so many hormones in your body that are affect by test and test affects other hormones.

    - Thyroid
    - SHBG
    - Calciferol
    - Prolactin
    - DHEA
    - FSH / LH
    - Sensitive E2
    etc


    Your question is impossible to answer because there's no where close to enough data, bloodwork, or background medical history provided.


    To Summarize

    - Get more bloodwork
    - Get off Andriol
    - Educate yourself on HRT
    - Get a real doctor
    - Analyze medical history and non medical history (example = multiple concussions from sports)
    - Re-evaluate if 1) HRT is applicable and 2) You have the correct level responsibility to be on HRT
    Last edited by Windex; 10-31-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    I no longer check my inbox. If you PM me I will not reply.

  5. #5
    forfing is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    66
    Excelent thanks for your great answer !

    Quote Originally Posted by Windex View Post
    You need more bloodwork to develop data. A single blood test doesn't correlate to all inclusive diagnosis.

    secondly, if you want to be on HRT then you need to do injections, no exceptions. Capsules and Gel are not a substitute. Forget about the well-being placebo effect.

    Read the sticky threads


    90% of doctors understand 10% of HRT in men.

    Just testing Free Testosterone and total test means literally NOTHING. There are so many hormones in your body that are affect by test and test affects other hormones.

    - Thyroid
    - SHBG
    - Calciferol
    - Prolactin
    - DHEA
    - FSH / LH
    - Sensitive E2
    etc


    Your question is impossible to answer because there's no where close to enough data, bloodwork, or background medical history provided.


    To Summarize

    - Get more bloodwork
    - Get off Andriol
    - Educate yourself on HRT
    - Get a real doctor
    - Analyze medical history and non medical history (example = multiple concussions from sports)
    - Re-evaluate if 1) HRT is applicable and 2) You have the correct level responsibility to be on HRT

  6. #6
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,129
    To my knowledge Andriol (oral Testosterone Undecanoate) is not commercially available in the USA, so experience among those of us TRT patients living in the USA is limited. It would be interesting to understand more about the dosing protocol and what your T level (Total and Free) were while on the Andriol protocol. Perhaps the effect was placebo, but then again, perhaps the effect were due to a rapid release of high levels of T. Just guessing, as I have no experience with the compound.

    I agree with Windex's responses. You need to do much more testing to understand you baseline levels, given that you've already alerted the baseline levels with a form of TRT (Andriol), the labs probably won't show your ture baseline levels for many months after discontinuation of Andriol. Keep in mind too that Testosterone Undecanoate has a very long half life.

    Given that you are probably not going to want to give up all TRT for the time it takes to get your true baseline levels (I'm guessing at least 6 months), the best advice I can give is for your to decide which form of TRT do you wish to pursue. Oral or injectable? If you go down the oral route, you are going to be pretty much on your own, as most guys in this forum (including myself) have no experience with the compound. If you decide to go down the injectable route (e.g., T-eth or T-cyp), there are many of us with many years of experience to help guide you.

    Whichever protocol you choose, you will need to follow it up with labs to understand your T and adjunct hormone levels (particularly Free T), this includes Andriol. Is your doctor willing to help you obtain those labs? If not, can you get them on your own. I suspect that the difference in how you felt on the 2 different protocols has more to do with the T levels in response to the protocol. But keep in mind that more is not better with TRT. There are side-effects of maintaining T levels in excess of normal physiologic levels. A balance needs to be established and monitored with routine labs.

  7. #7
    forfing is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    66
    Hello,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I am not living in the US so this is the issue to get easy blood work.

    About side effect of high level i agree. Also since i am prone to hairloss i want to keep my DHT level low.

    Is there any feedback on TRT and how it affects DHT level and hairloss ?

    Thx


    Quote Originally Posted by Youthful55guy View Post
    To my knowledge Andriol (oral Testosterone Undecanoate) is not commercially available in the USA, so experience among those of us TRT patients living in the USA is limited. It would be interesting to understand more about the dosing protocol and what your T level (Total and Free) were while on the Andriol protocol. Perhaps the effect was placebo, but then again, perhaps the effect were due to a rapid release of high levels of T. Just guessing, as I have no experience with the compound.

    I agree with Windex's responses. You need to do much more testing to understand you baseline levels, given that you've already alerted the baseline levels with a form of TRT (Andriol), the labs probably won't show your ture baseline levels for many months after discontinuation of Andriol. Keep in mind too that Testosterone Undecanoate has a very long half life.

    Given that you are probably not going to want to give up all TRT for the time it takes to get your true baseline levels (I'm guessing at least 6 months), the best advice I can give is for your to decide which form of TRT do you wish to pursue. Oral or injectable? If you go down the oral route, you are going to be pretty much on your own, as most guys in this forum (including myself) have no experience with the compound. If you decide to go down the injectable route (e.g., T-eth or T-cyp), there are many of us with many years of experience to help guide you.

    Whichever protocol you choose, you will need to follow it up with labs to understand your T and adjunct hormone levels (particularly Free T), this includes Andriol. Is your doctor willing to help you obtain those labs? If not, can you get them on your own. I suspect that the difference in how you felt on the 2 different protocols has more to do with the T levels in response to the protocol. But keep in mind that more is not better with TRT. There are side-effects of maintaining T levels in excess of normal physiologic levels. A balance needs to be established and monitored with routine labs.

  8. #8
    Youthful55guy is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,129
    Quote Originally Posted by forfing View Post
    Hello,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I am not living in the US so this is the issue to get easy blood work.

    About side effect of high level i agree. Also since i am prone to hairloss i want to keep my DHT level low.

    Is there any feedback on TRT and how it affects DHT level and hairloss ?

    Thx
    I don't know of any studies of TRT and DHT levels, but I suspect most guys who are on TRT (even moderate levels like 100mg T-cyp/week) are probably above the normal rage in DHT. This is why hemoglobin production is a major dose-limiting side-effect of TRT. DHT drives hemoglobin production much more than T. My personal experience is that my DHT (without finasteride) using a very moderate 40mg T-cyp E3D protocol runs between 109 and 240 ng/dL. All tests were done with the same lab (LabCorp) and their normal range is 30-85 ng/dL.

    If I use relatively small doses of finateride (1-2 mg/day), I can easily control DHT and keep it within the normal rage. I believe this is helpful in controlling excessive hemoglobin production, as well as other side-effects such as BHP and hair loss.

  9. #9
    powerliftmike's Avatar
    powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    gates of hell
    Posts
    5,590
    Many years ago I experimented with Andriol capsules. I do not remember the dosages I tried, but it gave me diarrhea. I actually threw them out. Injectable cypionate /enanthate or andro gel are the preferred TRT treatments.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •