Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Youthful55guy
  • 1 Post By bethdoth

Thread: Switching TRT to Sub-Q for awhile. Any advice?

C27H40O3 is offline Admin Sent Me Away.

Switching TRT to Sub-Q for awhile. Any advice? UPDATED

Today I tried going sub-Q for my TRT. I tried drawing with my 31g insulin pins. I couldnt get more than a tenth of a ml of Test Cyp into the syringe. I finally used a regular pin with a 18g draw needle to draw from the vial. then i removed the plunger from the insulin pin. i pushed the Test out of the 3ml pin into the 1ml insulin pin barrel, then carefully replaced the plunger, quickly pointing the needle up so the plunger only pushes out air. i then went into the belly fat with it. my source uses MCT oil so it went in smooth.

what do you sub Q TRT brothers do for needle type, gauge, and method of drawing into the needle?
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 03-02-2020 at 01:51 AM.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Same thing back load with 21..You can get most gear in a slin pin, just seems to wear out needle and take awhile..

“Men do never if seldom, rise from small beginnings to great heights...Except through fraud or force"
    Niccolò Machiavelli

SampsonandDelilah is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If doctors prescribed, you can order from Vertisis compounding pharmacy in AZ, they have a blend designed specifically for Sub Q and will draw into an insulin pin with ease. If not, KK hit it...backloading

Youthful55guy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C27H40O3 View Post
    Today I tried going sub-Q for my TRT. I tried drawing with my 31g insulin pins. I couldnt get more than a tenth of a ml of Test Cyp into the syringe. I finally used a regular pin with a 18g draw needle to draw from the vial. then i removed the plunger from the insulin pin. i pushed the Test out of the 3ml pin into the 1ml insulin pin barrel, then carefully replaced the plunger, quickly pointing the needle up so the plunger only pushes out air. i then went into the belly fat with it. my source uses MCT oil so it went in smooth.

what do you sub Q TRT brothers do for needle type, gauge, and method of drawing into the needle?
    I regularly use insulin syringes to inject small volumes of T. The difference being that I do shallow IM injections into the quadriceps. I found that a 28G one-piece 1/2 inch insulin syringe works best. I can also use a 30G but the draw up is a bit slow. I could never get 31G to work.

The trick is to inject an equal volume of air into the vial that you plan to withdraw so as not to create a vacuum in the vial. Then (with the vial inverted), pull the plunger all the way back and hold it there. The T-cyp drip in slowly and fill the syringe. Pull up about 0.1mL more than you need and push the extra back in to eliminate the air bubbles (it takes a little practice). It usually takes me about 1 minute to draw up my regular dose which is about 0.25mL.

One of these days I'll make an instruction video of the process. This question gets asked a lot. Guys (and docs) are just not trained on small volume injections.

Good luck!
    almostgone likes this.

i find that my UGL sourced Test is not in airtight vials, whereas the pharma brands are more likely to be. With the UGL vials, prefilling air does nothing, there is no backpressure when i try it, so drawing the Test out is not an issue of replacing the volume with air. it gets around the stopper somehow.

That would be a red flag for me about the quality of the product. Sterility and packing procedures in particular. I too purchase some product overseas to have extra on hand. I usually stick to the branded products. Alpha Pharma is my go to brand but it's a little more expensive than the UGL products. I don't see the non-air tight problem with that brand. Oh, I've also noticed that the oil they use is much thinner and easier to draw up than domestic Pfizer Depo Testosterone brand.

Am I the only one who doesnt usually find backpressure when drawing from vials?

UPDATE

I dont think I will be doing the Test Cyp Sub-Q anymore. I got this big hard lump in my stomach today. It is 48 hours since the injection. It is slightly warm to the touch, compared to surrounding area. Not only is it annoying to run my hand over, but it looks big enough that my lady noticed it today.

Doesnt the presence of a lump there mean that the Test oil did not get metabolized, and did me no good?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bump 4.jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	447.7 KB 
ID:	178295
    Last edited by C27H40O3; 03-02-2020 at 02:08 AM.

UPDATE
    I dont think I will be doing the Test Cyp Sub-Q anymore. I got this big hard lump in my stomach today. It is 48 hours since the injection. It is slightly warm to the touch, compared to surrounding area. Not only is it annoying to run my hand over, but it looks big enough that my lady noticed it today.

Doesnt the presence of a lump there mean that the Test oil did not get metabolized, and did me no good?
    What is your dose? The lump is simply a pool of the ester sitting within the subcutaneous tissue. It will eventually go away and probably leave with a bruise for a couple of weeks. In my experience, subcutaneous injections should be limited to no more than 0.1mL. However, event at smaller volumes, I always seem to bruise and occasionally get lumps (even with fresh branded Depo Testosterone by script). I've given up on the technique.

testytim is offline Associate Member

warm the bottle thins oil.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I draw my test CYP from the pharmacy (no UGL stuff) with a 1 inch 22G then just switch the needle to a 1/2 inch 27G. I have read that the small 31g insulin syringe can cause some bruising, because of the small size it comes out with some force. Think of a pressure washer and the different size heads, the more pin point smaller heads way more pressure. I have also found that the belly-fat just doesn't seem to absorb as well as thighs and butt.

IMHO subq is the way to go. Less scaring over the long term, more stable levels, less chance of nicking a vein, etc etc ... Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bethdoth View Post
    I draw my test CYP from the pharmacy (no UGL stuff) with a 1 inch 22G then just switch the needle to a 1/2 inch 27G. I have read that the small 31g insulin syringe can cause some bruising, because of the small size it comes out with some force. Think of a pressure washer and the different size heads, the more pin point smaller heads way more pressure. I have also found that the belly-fat just doesn't seem to absorb as well as thighs and butt.

IMHO subq is the way to go. Less scaring over the long term, more stable levels, less chance of nicking a vein, etc etc ... Good luck!
    So you do sub Q with a 27 gauge needle? Is that more painful? I use 25 gauge pin for my IM, but I was afraid of anything less than 31 ga for sub Q.

Tim1985 is offline New Member
    I use the same thing as Youthful - 28 gauge - 1/2” needle. Had the same initial concerns going larger than a 30 gauge but now I wish I would have tried it sooner.
    Draw and inject with the same needle, takes about a minute to draw up and most of the time, barely feel the needle at all.

So you do sub Q with a 27 gauge needle? Is that more painful? I use 25 gauge pin for my IM, but I was afraid of anything less than 31 ga for sub Q.
    I've used a 28G insulin syringe for nearly 8 years and it is simple easy and almost painless.

bethdoth is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Actually the 27G may hurt less and here is why. If you draw with say a 30g and then inject, the needle actually gets dull from going through the rubber stopper. I draw with the large needle 22 then switch to a nice sharp fresh 27. You can find 29 gauge 1/2 inch needles as well, but are harder to find. I have a prescription for 27g 5/8 through my primary care doc and i use them too.
    Jay Dubs likes this.

Thread Information