Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by spound
    How do you know that? Many people use 4 on, 4 off straight through, and their natural insulin secretion does not get shut down still. So who is to say that going EOD (taking a day off EOD) is going to shut down your natty insulin secretion (which is what you said toward the end of your last post)? I am just wondering if you have any scientific evidence or proof to back up your statement about running slin every 3rd day? How do you know that going every 3rd day is enough time to allow your body to keep from becoming dependent, when you have never experienced insulin dependancy? I dont go for all this theory stuff if it is not backed up. Hell your theory is just about as good as mine, with the exception of personal experience, which I believe we both have, so that eliminates that factor. It seems to me that all your statements are just guesses, which i dont know how you could have come up with them, simply bc of the fact that you have never become insulin dependent, therefore, you would not know what made you become dependent, unless, of course, you have some evidence to back it up. I am not flaming you here, I just dont understand your reasoning behind all this and I am curious to know. Thanks
    I don't know if you properly saw what I wrote, but like I said, everybody is different. You may be able to run Insulin longer than me and have no issues. So you can't say "Many people use 4 on, 4 off straight through, and their natural insulin secretion does not get shut down still". My explenation was a general explenation which means it does not count for everybody. Just like I say to take 10g of carbs p/1IU. Not everyone needs 10g, some can take less, but its a "general" guideline. Bodybuilders have become dependant from long term Insulin use, there is no question about that. Even though I have no scientific explenation, long term Insulin use can lead to one to become dependant. From what I have looked into over the time for the amount of time I have been interested in Insulin for, that is what I learnt. Maybe you have a different opinion, and if that's the case, I respect that. That is what I believe anyway. The statements I make regards to anything comes from personal experience and education, I don't guess bro. And what I said regards to this thread is not scientificly explained and I know that, but, the information I provided about taking Insulin every 3rd day etc actually comes straight from a very good friend of mine that is a BB herself and studies medicine. I wish she gave me a proper mechanics of it. But, If she did give me a scientific explenation on paper, it would equal to what I said but scintificly explained. I suppose it is up to one to believe it or not. And I totally agree that its much easier to belive something you have backing for. That is fair enough. But then again, even if it is scientficly explained, who is to say that explenation is right unless you are qualified in that field and can tell if the explenation is right or not. If you don't know much about the subject, a nice little scientific explenation just looks like the right answer because of the way it has been expleanied, not necessaraly right. What I said was explained to me, but I wrote in simple form. Same goes for everything else.

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 03-27-2005 at 02:03 AM.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I don't know if you properly saw what I wrote, but like I said, everybody is different. You may be able to run Insulin longer than me and have no issues. So you can't say "Many people use 4 on, 4 off straight through, and their natural insulin secretion does not get shut down still". My explenation was a general explenation which means it does not count for everybody. Just like I say to take 10g of carbs p/1IU. Not everyone needs 10g, some can take less, but its a "general" guideline. Bodybuilders have become dependant from long term Insulin use, there is no question about that. Even though I have no scientific explenation, long term Insulin use can lead to one to become dependant. From what I have looked into over the time for the amount of time I have been interested in Insulin for, that is what I learnt. Maybe you have a different opinion, and if that's the case, I respect that. That is what I believe anyway. The statements I make regards to anything comes from personal experience and education, I don't guess bro. And what I said regards to this thread is not scientificly explained and I know that, but, the information I provided about taking Insulin every 3rd day etc actually comes straight from a very good friend of mine that is a BB herself and studies medicine. I wish she gave me a proper mechanics of it. But, If she did give me a scientific explenation on paper, it would equal to what I said but scintificly explained. I suppose it is up to one to believe it or not. And I totally agree that its much easier to belive something you have backing for. That is fair enough. But then again, even if it is scientficly explained, who is to say that explenation is right unless you are qualified in that field and can tell if the explenation is right or not. If you don't know much about the subject, a nice little scientific explenation just looks like the right answer because of the way it has been expleanied, not necessaraly right. What I said was explained to me, but I wrote in simple form. Same goes for everything else.

-Gear
    Yea bro, I agree with your advice, this is the advice I would give to an inexperienced user, I was just wondering if you had any scientific backing, bc if you did that would be great, since as you already know, there is not much scientific proof of the effects of insulin on people in genreal, just a genereal guidline that varies from person to person. I re read my post and I probably came off as a dick, but that was not intended I was simply interested in your explanations, and thanks for giving it.

spound is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aXe Leatherdaddy
    Well honestly I think that cycling (4on4off) theory is safer...would you want people to take your advice, use slin year round, and risk developing NIDDM? I hope not.
    I was not advising anyone to do this, in fact I use the 4 on 4 off method myself, but I have tried the other way and it was fine, but when it comes to advice I would give the general concensus of most of the bros here and advise, 4 on 4 off

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    I was not advising anyone to do this, in fact I use the 4 on 4 off method myself, but I have tried the other way and it was fine, but when it comes to advice I would give the general concensus of most of the bros here and advise, 4 on 4 off
    Cool, I tought you were doing the year-round thing! Not worth it IMO.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Yea bro, I agree with your advice, this is the advice I would give to an inexperienced user, I was just wondering if you had any scientific backing, bc if you did that would be great, since as you already know, there is not much scientific proof of the effects of insulin on people in genreal, just a genereal guidline that varies from person to person. I re read my post and I probably came off as a dick, but that was not intended I was simply interested in your explanations, and thanks for giving it.
    No probs bro, all good.

-Gear

Big Bapper is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    let me make sure first that people know that type 1 diabetes is a autoimmune disease in which the body attacks cells in the pancreas making it impossible for the body to produce insulin. type 2 diabetes is common among fat people, and even though they have normal insulin, there body does not respond to it. diabetes from taking insulin has nothing to do with its effect on producing insulin in the body. the problem is that the in cell receptors for the insulin begin to downregulate due to the constant flood of blood glucose. your body simply responds to its environment. if bg is high, the pancreas releases insulin, if not, it stays low. the release of insulin by your body is unaffected either way, its the bodies response to insulin that becomes a problem.
    Great Info, onced again thanks for everything. Its helped alott.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bapper
    Great Info, onced again thanks for everything. Its helped alott.
    glad i could give some help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information