Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ward065 is offline Member

strange insulin question...

let me start off by saying that i am NOT taking insulin shots now, but this question pertains to insulin i believe.....

today i did my workout, a good duration and intense, then i did my cardio- 20 intense minutes on the non impact machine. About 5-10 mintues after i completed my cardio, i started to feel symptoms of what some people describe here as going "hypo" or related to low blood sugar.....i was feeling basically light-headed, dizzy and sick. I asked the guy at the Juice Bar in the gym for two large cups of orange juice........ i guzzled both cups down, and a few minutes later the light-headedness sickly feeling went completely away.

Questions: Why did i get this? It has happened before, it seems when the workouts are really intense. And if i ever decided to take insulin shots PWO (Not planning on it yet, i am rather worried about it) would getting that dizzy feeling after a workout affect/ impact anything with real shots of insulin and then the proper simple carb intake?

Thanks for any imput

Ward, are you cutting? the going "hypo" feeling may just be from too little of carbs. But I mean i get the light headed and dizzyness during/post workout for like a minute or two and I'm not really cutting just maintaining. So i wouldnt really say its an insulin issue. Maybe drink a zero carb energy drink during and see what that does for you.
    -Wild

NEW_IN_THE_GAME is offline Associate Member
    Sometimes, now that i am used to 8-9 meals a day. Once i skipped 2 meals cause we road tripped, like 2 years ago. I got sick, dizzy, couldnt see, . then i slammed a soda, yuk, but i did and felt better

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    I always thought it was well known fact that intense training significantly lowers BG levels?

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I always thought it was well known fact that intense training significantly lowers BG levels?

~Pinnacle~
    This is true. I was just going off the fact that his diet could be outta wack and his body not responding well. Kinda like to high of protein can raise BP. Your body has to work harder to break down the protein or some bs like that. Its been a while since i've reviewed that stuff. Could be Lack of alot of things. One thing i definitely notice and will swear by is b12 taking away the headaches/ dizzyness after a high intense set.

-Wild

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Did you eat before the WO?

JohnnyB

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    What you experienced is totally normal. Any sort of exercise, and especially intense exercise will lower BG levels. That's why it's a good idea to consume an energy drink prior workout so not to feel dizzy during workout due to lack of nutriens in your body that are supposed to be used for energy. Some people will burn the nutrients in their body that are supposed to be used for energy alot faster than others.

-Gear

MrMent1on is offline National Level Bodybuilder
    Its called low blood sugar bee. You must consume good carbs about 1 hour before a workout, what i do is just sip on a ultra fuel during my workout, that works for me. not telling you to do that, our goals might be different.

Thread Information