fossilfuel7 is offline Member

Question High dose of HGH to heal chronic tendonitis/tendonosis pain long term??

Ok, I'm trying to make a long story short.

I have chronic tednonitis in both elbows,SI joint, and mildly in wrist. I have struggled with the elbow problems for a couple years and tried everything in the book(NSAID'S, Electrical stim, Cortisone, acupuncture, prolotherapy,and Ice). I have never taken any kind of anabolic steroids before, even when I was 230(12%)5'11.

I had to quit lifting completley(thought it might heal,but got worse) and shrunk from 230(12%) to 190 pds of bone. I am lifting light weights currently.
    I'm only 24 so its been rough.

I have seen a lot of positive info about GH being able to heal and change the connective tissue and how it has helped people heal up chronic conn. tissue problems. My doctor agrees that I should give it a shot and thinks it has potential, but wants to put me on a low dose(1 IU per day). He is willing to monitor me even if I get my own supply of GH(I can afford it) and take a high dose.

Can anyone give me any help or insight as to how I should proceed and how long to run what dose for a maximized effect on my tendons and connective tissue??? This is the last option I have and am kind of deperate.

Equiguns is offline Associate Member
    1 iu will be too low, many physicians make you inject into the joint or areas of problem which is why he wants you on 1 iu since it will go into the problem spot...some people dont believe spot treatment works, some do, I personally believe it DOES work...It can help you no doubt, along with other support, glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, etc...You would run a fairly high dosage since age, but sport treatment at 1-2iu should be sufficient for your particular problems (from a physicians POV) Run it for 6 months and get some great benefits!

Teabagger is offline Senior Member
    You are lucky your MD will prescribe it at all for you, cool. I have personal experience with my hip, torn labrum and osteoarthritis. I ran 2 iu per day, 5 on 2 off for 10 weeks and felt results. The pain left. I stopped the gh, and withing 3 weeks the pain is back. I would not run "high" doses of gh. It is a long term effort more like a marathon than a sprint. I would not go above 2 iu per day, and plan on 6 months or more. I am back on now, just into my second week. Go good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for the help guys. That is really good information that I was looking for(much thanks).

Does anyone know what would be a high dose for my age(24) and what I could expect timewise with regards to connective tissue and composition??

I consider a high dose 3.5 to 4 iu and higher per day. At higher doses the risk of sides increase. This is not a quick fix. The prize will go to the slow and steady.

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    I think 4 iu @ 24 is a low dose, if you´re not on steroids the same time, anything less than 3iu will only substitute the natural gh, which in return will be blunted due to the exogenous application.

I´ve had great success with aromatizing AAS (Nadrolone PP, testosterone , Methandrostenolone ) and hgh as an addition, making a real big difference at 3-6IU/day-eod resp. .
    Last edited by NewBreed; 05-08-2006 at 01:34 PM.

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teabagger
    You are lucky your MD will prescribe it at all for you, cool. I have personal experience with my hip, torn labrum and osteoarthritis. I ran 2 iu per day, 5 on 2 off for 10 weeks and felt results. The pain left. I stopped the gh, and withing 3 weeks the pain is back. I would not run "high" doses of gh. It is a long term effort more like a marathon than a sprint. I would not go above 2 iu per day, and plan on 6 months or more. I am back on now, just into my second week. Go good luck and keep us posted.
    Good point on MSM. I ran out of MSM a month ago and didn't take any for about a week. I started getting soarer and soarer during workouts and tracked it back to dropping the MSM. I believe in MSM quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBreed
    I think 4 iu @ 24 is a low dose, if you´re not on steroids the same time, anything less than 3iu will only substitute the natural gh, which in return will be blunted due to the exogenous application.

I´ve had great success with aromatizing AAS (Nadrolone PP, testosterone, Methandrostenolone) and hgh as an addition, making a real big difference at 3-6IU/day-eod resp. .

Were you using the HGH to retain your gains, fat loss, or to heal an existing conn. tissue injury??

I would be using it only for my chronic tendon issues(some fat loss would be nice, I must admit).

If you inject in the a.m. when you wake up you should not blunt your natty gh. 5/2 also gives you a break as well as eod.

NewBreed is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7
    Were you using the HGH to retain your gains, fat loss, or to heal an existing conn. tissue injury??

I would be using it only for my chronic tendon issues(some fat loss would be nice, I must admit).
    Connective tissue repair, after surgery- gold´s worth
    to keep trainig intensity up, fat down, all-in-all to keep gains in the end^^worked like a chrame!

@Teabagger -saw a study that showed even very low dose blunted natural gh from ~2IU up it was gone.

Hey fossil..I'd be interested in reading the new study because the negative feedback loop has been a concern to me. Can you post where you found it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NewBreed
    Connective tissue repair, after surgery- gold´s worth
    to keep trainig intensity up, fat down, all-in-all to keep gains in the end^^worked like a chrame!

@Teabagger -saw a study that showed even very low dose blunted natural gh from ~2IU up it was gone.

I too would like to see that study, as I am collecting information for my doctor to review.

Does anyone know what dose I would need to take in order to avoid the negative feedback loop and help my tendon issues??

or is a negative feedback loop just a theory and not proven??

abcde is offline Female Member
    fossilfuel,

Regarding your SI problems, have you see the website "Sacroiliac Resources"? In particular, there is a set of exercises (under Dontingny PT) called EZ-Fix (and manual therapy rounds) that helped me tremendously. I had been bothered with sacroiliac joint dysfunction for the past 3 years. Doctors misdiagnosed it as a slipped disk and wanted to do surgery. But I said no, and kept working with PTs, researching my own, experimenting with exercises/stretching (for tight adductors, possibly the cause of the dysfuntion). Now it is gone - 99% better. If it starts to come back from a long run or something that I stress it out of joint, I can adjust myself with the exercises on my own.

I also take flaxseed oil, sam-e, msm, glucosamine/chondroitin, hgh 2ius eod. Hope this helps and good luck:

http://www.kalindra.com/sacroiliac.htm
    Last edited by abcde; 05-16-2006 at 03:53 PM.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abcde
    fossilfuel,

Regarding your SI problems, have you see the website "Sacroiliac Resources"? In particular, there is a set of exercises (under Dontingny PT) called EZ-Fix (and manual therapy rounds) that helped me tremendously. I had been bothered with sacroiliac joint dysfunction for the past 3 years. Doctors misdiagnosed it as a slipped disk and wanted to do surgery. But I said no, and kept working with PTs, researching my own, experimenting with exercises/stretching (for tight adductors, possibly the cause of the dysfuntion). Now it is gone - 99% better. If it starts to come back from a long run or something that I stress it out of joint, I can adjust myself with the exercises on my own.

I also take flaxseed oil, sam-e, msm, glucosamine/chondroitin, hgh 2ius eod. Hope this helps and good luck:

http://www.kalindra.com/sacroiliac.htm

Way to go "abc"....i admire your tenacity...and diligence on finding and analysing your "specific" problem. I did the same thing about 20yrs ago with 2 herniated discs....it took about 2 yrs to heal the lower back but....its now like i never had them.

t

abcde is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcw
    Way to go "abc"....i admire your tenacity...and diligence on finding and analysing your "specific" problem. I did the same thing about 20yrs ago with 2 herniated discs....it took about 2 yrs to heal the lower back but....its now like i never had them.

t
    Good for you, too, tcw!

abcde,

Thanks, for the SI joint info(pretty good stuff).

Does anyone know what dose I would need to take in order to avoid the negative feedback loop and help my tendon issues??

or is a negative feedback loop just a theory and not proven??
    Edit/Delete Message

Thread Information