Thread: young hgh users

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

young hgh users

I was reading an article written by a doctor about hgh. He said that recombinant hgh, the only kind available today after the banning of hgh sourced from cadavers (due to rare diseases of the brain), only consituted a small spectrum of natural hgh. what i mean is when your pitutary makes hgh it makes a hundred or so different variants. all the different variants are not well understood in their role in the body. so taking rhGH, is just one variant. You are inadvertly suppressing all other variants, due to negative feedback on the hypothalamus. No one knows the exact problems this can cause, but the doctor strongly recommended against its use, saying one should attempt to boost endogenous hgh through various supplements (and possibly hgh precusor hormones from the hypothalamus).

Why mess up a good thing when you are young? Stick to heavy andrognes like I do lol

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Sticking to a 5/2 protocol makes a big difference in my doc's opinion.

Besides...that article is just one doc's opinion.

I would lke to see an article where a whole group of doc's converge on the subject.

I wonder what Redbaron thinks?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7
    Sticking to a 5/2 protocol makes a big difference in my doc's opinion.

Besides...that article is just one doc's opinion.

I would lke to see an article where a whole group of doc's converge on the subject.

I wonder what Redbaron thinks?
    Yes, the 5/2 does sound like the best way to go. bump for redbaron

It is true enough that there are many "growth hormones". We are just now beginning to identify a few of the more prominent ones. The HGH that we are familiar with is one of the majors and is responsible for enough functions that it has been approved for dwarf children and for adults with wasting diseases.

In a perfect world, of course it would be best if we could signal our own bodies to provide additional hormones ... whatever they be. That is always the best. In absence of that, what we try to do is add exogenous hormones while trying to cause the minimal amount of disruption to the natural order of things with regard to your body.

With HGH, that is why we preach leaving it alone when you are young (unless you have a disease of the pituitary and it is needed), why we want to pick injection times that don't completely derail our own endogenous production, and why we want to give our bodies a couple of days off each week to keep our natural triggers healthy and intact. In all areas of endocrinology, we have just scratched the surface of what is going on with our bodies. I have no doubt that in the coming years we will find newer and better ways to treat illnesses and raise the bar of maximum human performance to a much higher plain.

Back to your original premise though, it is certainly a valid point to keep stating the obvious ... if you are young, and your endocrine system is still developing and hasn't hit full stride (in your mid-20's in other words), you can make all the excuses that you wish, but you have NO business messing around with hormones ... you WILL damage yourself. It isn't a question of harm or not, it is a matter of to what degree. You may derail something that we aren't even cognizant that we should be looking out for now.

If you have a disease, then certainly you take the best information available right now and treat it as best as we know how today. You don't look back, because inevitably they will find out a better way down the line. If on the other hand you are merely looking for a shortcut to years of hard work and clean eating, then you are certainly going to look back at some point and realize your mistake.

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    It is true enough that there are many "growth hormones". We are just now beginning to identify a few of the more prominent ones. The HGH that we are familiar with is one of the majors and is responsible for enough functions that it has been approved for dwarf children and for adults with wasting diseases.

In a perfect world, of course it would be best if we could signal our own bodies to provide additional hormones ... whatever they be. That is always the best. In absence of that, what we try to do is add exogenous hormones while trying to cause the minimal amount of disruption to the natural order of things with regard to your body.

With HGH, that is why we preach leaving it alone when you are young (unless you have a disease of the pituitary and it is needed), why we want to pick injection times that don't completely derail our own endogenous production, and why we want to give our bodies a couple of days off each week to keep our natural triggers healthy and intact. In all areas of endocrinology, we have just scratched the surface of what is going on with our bodies. I have no doubt that in the coming years we will find newer and better ways to treat illnesses and raise the bar of maximum human performance to a much higher plain.

Back to your original premise though, it is certainly a valid point to keep stating the obvious ... if you are young, and your endocrine system is still developing and hasn't hit full stride (in your mid-20's in other words), you can make all the excuses that you wish, but you have NO business messing around with hormones ... you WILL damage yourself. It isn't a question of harm or not, it is a matter of to what degree. You may derail something that we aren't even cognizant that we should be looking out for now.

If you have a disease, then certainly you take the best information available right now and treat it as best as we know how today. You don't look back, because inevitably they will find out a better way down the line. If on the other hand you are merely looking for a shortcut to years of hard work and clean eating, then you are certainly going to look back at some point and realize your mistake.

Great information Red! Thanks much

Thread Information