Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    prncezzml is offline Female Member

Thyroid Anti-bodies?

OK so I recently had my thyroid hormones tested, TSH, T4, T3 and antibodies. The doc said my anti-bodies are elevated and referred me to an endocrinologist which i plan on going to, but I am on GH for 3 mths now, I'm wondering if that could have anything to with thyroid anti-bodies? When I looked up info on it on google, I didn't find much except a bunch of scary info on thyroid antibodies!!! Anyone have any knowledge?

Maldorf is offline Senior Member
    Im wondering why you are taking HGH to begin with. Only a seasoned bodybuilding vet should consider using that, or perhaps someone who is over 40ish looking for antiaging benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Im wondering why you are taking HGH to begin with. Only a seasoned bodybuilding vet should consider using that, or perhaps someone who is over 40ish looking for antiaging benefits.
    I had a baby, and let me tell you, that ages your body a little early. It has helped my skin tighten up and my a**ominal area, and I am almost done with my cycle. My boyfriend is an "experienced bodybuilder vet" and has his education in natural sciences, so he recommended it and administers it.

Quote Originally Posted by prncezzml
    I had a baby, and let me tell you, that ages your body a little early. It has helped my skin tighten up and my a**ominal area, and I am almost done with my cycle. My boyfriend is an "experienced bodybuilder vet" and has his education in natural sciences, so he recommended it and administers it.
    Having kids does cause some long term changes in your body for sure. My wife has had 2 children, about 4 and 3 years ago. She is 35 yrs old right now and starting up weight training again. Shes made some tremendous progress in trimming off some of that a**ominal fat you speak of. How many IUs/day have you been taking? I know that HGH has the effect supposedly of lowering your T4 levels, so it affects the thyroid in some way. Ive been taking t4 along with my HGH. Have you been taking any of that too? Scares me to think that I too might be building up these antibodies to the thyroid. Ive never heard of it either though, and I have a degree in bio/ chem minor.

My boyfriend has the same degree LOL. I gained 85 lbs in my pregnancy and have lost it all except 5 lbs that is sitting on my hips and a little still on my belly. I put manyyy hours in at the gym and then hit that darn plateau. I have been taking no T4 although it was recommended to me since for awhile there I was feeling fatigued. I started at 1iu per day 5/2 and now I am at 2iu 5/2.

My boyfriend has the same degree LOL. I gained 85 lbs in my pregnancy and have lost it all except 5 lbs that is sitting on my hips and a little still on my belly. I put manyyy hours in at the gym and then hit that darn plateau. I have been taking no T4 although it was recommended to me since for awhile there I was feeling fatigued. I started at 1iu per day 5/2 and now I am at 2iu 5/2.
    Grats on the weight loss! My wife put on about 40 pounds when pregnant, but shes only 5 foot tall. She lost just about all of that now.
    I wouldnt doubt if your endo puts you on synthroid , which is T4. Please let us know what happens, and if you feel comfortable about it tell the doc about the HGH use and see what he has to say about it having any possible effect. I did go and do a google, and found a guy having the very same issue as you. He had been doing HGH for awhile and tests results came back the same. He said his doc told him that he was genetically predetermined to have that difficulty, and that the HGH triggered it. Who knows.

Have you tried a ketogenic sort of diet? I did that while trying to cut down and got my bodyfat down to around 6 or 7% fairly easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldorf
    Grats on the weight loss! My wife put on about 40 pounds when pregnant, but shes only 5 foot tall. She lost just about all of that now.
    I wouldnt doubt if your endo puts you on synthroid , which is T4. Please let us know what happens, and if you feel comfortable about it tell the doc about the HGH use and see what he has to say about it having any possible effect. I did go and do a google, and found a guy having the very same issue as you. He had been doing HGH for awhile and tests results came back the same. He said his doc told him that he was genetically predetermined to have that difficulty, and that the HGH triggered it. Who knows.

Have you tried a ketogenic sort of diet? I did that while trying to cut down and got my bodyfat down to around 6 or 7% fairly easy.
    Thanks I am genetically predisposed to thyroid problems also, both paternal grandparents had/have it. If the GH can trigger type II diabetes, I'm sure it can do the same for thyroid. I just scheduled the endo appt., can't get in until end of April, but I will keep ya posted

Thanks I am genetically predisposed to thyroid problems also, both paternal grandparents had/have it. If the GH can trigger type II diabetes, I'm sure it can do the same for thyroid. I just scheduled the endo appt., can't get in until end of April, but I will keep ya posted
    Thanks, and good luck.

Thread Information