Thread: T4 and HGH

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer

T4 and HGH

From all the research I have done on this board, I have found that a majority will use 100mcg of T4 p/day when using HGH. However, I was doing a little research on another board and it seem that over there they think at least 200mcg of T4 is required per day, some even clain 300mcg. Now IMO 300mcg might be a bit much, so I would like to get everybodys opinion on how much T4 should be taken when using GH.

I believe 100mcg of T4 is equal to about 25mcg of T3.

Thanx.

-Gear

I use 100mcg of T4, this is after reading many articles that have stated that T3 is not to be used with HGH, and T4 is a must.
    -XL

jing jai

Yeah that's what I though.

Thanx xtra.

-Gear

I wouldn't use a whole lot more than 100mcgs unless you are on a decent cycle. While 100mcgs will just stoke up the fire a bit, raising too much beyond that will cause your body to start dismantling and using proteins from your muscles to continue to fuel the fire. Muscles are really attractive targets for the metabolic processes that increased thyroid will be responsible for.

I would also be on some supps to support thyroid function since you are considering T4 (t-100x, bladderwrack, and coleus forskolin - also selenium, zinc, copper sufficient to aid in the conversion of T4 to T3).

Sounds good red, I'll keep that in mind.

Thanx.

-Gear

perfectbeast2001 is offline "king of free stuff" / Retired
    I run 100mcg, might bump up when comp approaches to aid cutting (in conjuction with AS) but for normal use I would not go more than 100mcg.
    We are merely supplementing thyroid hormone as levels drop during GH usage therefore 100mcg should be perfect.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtralarg
    I use 100mcg of T4, this is after reading many articles that have stated that T3 is not to be used with HGH, and T4 is a must.
    Agree

goose is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBaron
    I wouldn't use a whole lot more than 100mcgs unless you are on a decent cycle. While 100mcgs will just stoke up the fire a bit, raising too much beyond that will cause your body to start dismantling and using proteins from your muscles to continue to fuel the fire. Muscles are really attractive targets for the metabolic processes that increased thyroid will be responsible for.

I would also be on some supps to support thyroid function since you are considering T4 (t-100x, bladderwrack, and coleus forskolin - also selenium, zinc, copper sufficient to aid in the conversion of T4 to T3).

Just a quick question my friend.Do you use T3 or T4 when on HGH? I have done both and don`t find a significant advantage using T4.

Also gear,The main difference between taking t4 and taking t3 is you have no control of the conversion rate of t4 to t3, so it's imparitive that your diet be high in Selenium (200mcg) and zinc (50mg) without selenium and zinc, the enzyme iodothyronine deiodinase cannot do its job of converting t4 to t3. One enzyme that is particularily of interest is adenylate cyclase, this enzyme activates the molecule cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP)supplementing with Coleus Forskolii will help with cAMP.
    Last edited by goose; 01-27-2007 at 09:09 AM.

plzr8 is offline Senior Member
    i run a it a bit lower....50mcg when off AAS, and 100mcg when on

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    Just a quick question my friend.Do you use T3 or T4 when on HGH? I have done both and don`t find a significant advantage using T4.

Also gear,The main difference between taking t4 and taking t3 is you have no control of the conversion rate of t4 to t3, so it's imparitive that your diet be high in Selenium (200mcg) and zinc (50mg) without selenium and zinc, the enzyme iodothyronine deiodinase cannot do its job of converting t4 to t3. One enzyme that is particularily of interest is adenylate cyclase, this enzyme activates the molecule cyclic adenosine monophosphate (cAMP)supplementing with Coleus Forskolii will help with cAMP.
    That's some very interesting info there, thanx a lot. I'm gonna look into that.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by goose4
    I have also ran both ... and would echo your analysis. I will usually run what I have on hand (which is T3 moreso than T4). I have recently been experimenting with T4 because of some of the renewed interest in it ... nothing bad to say, but as you mentioned there are some variables associated with its use to be mindful of. Other than that, I really can't say that one is superior to the other in my experiences thus far.

HRTC is offline Junior Member
    Great post. I just started my year long GH/T4 cycle.How long can you stay on T4 before thrashing your thyroid?

Quote Originally Posted by HRTC
    Great post. I just started my year long GH/T4 cycle.How long can you stay on T4 before thrashing your thyroid?
    If you are talking about low-dose thyroid to just bump up protein synthesis and a little metabolic boost, then actually you can stay on for the full length of your HGH cycle.

jdavis2007 is offline Associate Member
    So with 50mcg-100mcg you are NOT going to have a problem of having a shut-down thyroid? I am familiar with gear/gh but I have yet to delve into t3/t4...thanks....

Thread Information