mkrulic is offline Anabolic Member

insulin-no mass or strength? why risk it?

I've been doing some research and from what Ive found most here are saying not to expect size or strength from taking insulin . If this is the case I dont think I would add it to my routine. I was curious if anyone has had gains in these two or if not why anyone is taking it?
    thnaks in advance.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I personally have never experienced weight or strength gains from insulin . However, I do believe insulin is still benefiting as it will help you with recovery by shuttling nutrients into cells. That's about the only thing insulin is really beneficial for.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I personally have never experienced weight or strength gains from insulin . However, I do believe insulin is still benefiting as it will help you with recovery by shuttling nutrients into cells. That's about the only thing insulin is really beneficial for.

-Gear
    Actually, when I was refering to the research and my findings it was one of your past posts I was refering to. there were a couple other members that posted similiar experiences.
    Can I get away with upping my training to 2 times a day then. this is what I do when Im on juice because it seems to help with recovery as well.
    Also, my understanding is that test will help bind more protien to the muscle fiber. that this causes an increase in the diameter of the fiber. If we are getting more nutrients there cant we bind more to the muscle fibers, assuming combination of steroids and insulin.

I can't comment about how much you should be training because everyone is different in that regard. But you know your body best, and if you feel training 2 x p/day is beneficial then stick to that. Training twice a day would not suit me, but that's just me.

I don't understand how training more helps you recover better? Or did I miss understand your post? Rest and nutrients are the key when it comes to recovery, so perhaps you should concentrate on that more than anything else if you are after good recovery gains.

Insulin does shuttle nutrients into cells, meaning the potential of weight/strength gains will increase, but not the extent where the weight/stregth gains are as great as AAS weight/strength gains.

-Gear

SergioLMT is offline Associate Member
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but you're talking about regular insulin , not IGF Lr3, right?

graeme87 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SergioLMT
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but you're talking about regular insulin, not IGF Lr3, right?
    Yes, igf is not insulin . Go do some reading

Quote Originally Posted by Gear
    I can't comment about how much you should be training because everyone is different in that regard. But you know your body best, and if you feel training 2 x p/day is beneficial then stick to that. Training twice a day would not suit me, but that's just me.

I don't understand how training more helps you recover better? Or did I miss understand your post? Rest and nutrients are the key when it comes to recovery, so perhaps you should concentrate on that more than anything else if you are after good recovery gains.

Insulin does shuttle nutrients into cells, meaning the potential of weight/strength gains will increase, but not the extent where the weight/stregth gains are as great as AAS weight/strength gains.

-Gear
    I wasnt real clear in my post. what I was trying to say is that if I have the ability to recover quicker I mind as well take advantage of that by training more. I think Ill give it a try and just see how I respond. tahnks for all your help.

soulstealer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkrulic
    I wasnt real clear in my post. what I was trying to say is that if I have the ability to recover quicker I mind as well take advantage of that by training more. I think Ill give it a try and just see how I respond. tahnks for all your help.
    I think that your missing the point.... Insulin will give you a day not 5 what I mean by that is lets say you use insulin for 1 year..... it would be the results more of working out for 1 year and 2 months or something to that effect.... but it will not keep you from over training if thats the question...

Think of AAS for quick gains and Insulin/IGF-1/GH for the long haul so when its 10 years later you can say that stuff put the extra 10 pounds on you couldnt get with Anabolics.... just the way quantify the notion...

Quote Originally Posted by mkrulic
    You do have a good point there, but how much does your body recover after you have trained? You have to remember, non-recovery means muscle loss, and surely your body never recoveres a 100% PWO. For exmaple, if your body recovers 60% after training and doesn't recover the left over 40% then perhaps it may be a good idea to train more than once a day as you will be gaining more than loosing for that day. However, because we don't know the reovery ratio, it would be a risk to train more than once per day because if you only recover let's say 20% and not recover 80% after you train, then you would be loosing even more than gaining for that day. This is what you don't want. So the key would be to discover how much your body recovers when using insulin . How do you do this? I have no idea, but I believe that is the start to deciding if training more than once per day is a good idea.

Everybody's recovery process is different. Some will recover faster than others and some will recover more or less than others. It really depends on one's genetics, training, rest and nutrients they consume and that's why some can get away with training more than once per day. You never know you might be one of them.

That's the way I see it anyway.

-Gear

You guys are nuts. Insulin with aas will put on big gains fast. I've been at this for 15 years now. THe difference with or without is huge if your on your game.

jcdonny is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    You guys are nuts. Insulin with aas will put on big gains fast. I've been at this for 15 years now. THe difference with or without is huge if your on your game.
    I agree with this, i never saw gains like i did when i put slin in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    Can you explain the mechanics behind why gains will increase by far when combining insulin and AAS opposed to gains when using insulin on its own? Insulins job is still the same wether AAS is involved or not. You will find that most of your strength/weight gains will come from AAS.

I have also used insulin for years ON and OFF and have never experienced mass gains from it. Obviously the gains will increase when I add AAS, but I know that's because of the AAS. All of my boys that use insulin also never get mass gains from insulin either, and if you do some search on insulin here you will find that most insulin users will agree that they don't get as much gains as they do from AAS.

I think you are one of the lucky ones that experinces such mass gains from insulin, that is always a good thing ofcourse.

Good stuff.

-Gear

Thread Information