dogcrap is offline New Member

hgh long term use?

hey folks

I have been on hgh for 1 year ( 5 ie pr day ) is there any rules for how long you can be on hgh ? do I have to take a brake on my hgh or can I just continue? what is the best thing to do for me to get the best result?

best regards from Norway

Jon_H is offline New Member
    You definitely should be cycling. Just lay off until you can notice a physical difference from not taking the hgh and start up again.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    how have your results been after your year on GH?

Fixr is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_H View Post
    You definitely should be cycling. Just lay off until you can notice a physical difference from not taking the hgh and start up again.
    why? do you have any facts to back up this opinion? or even a theory?

ZaneFan is offline Associate Member
    Do it for as long as you can afford it. If you are not doing it for bodybuilding purposes then you can lower the dose a bit. People who do it for health benefits, life extension, etc do not cycle.

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_H View Post
    how do you come by this conclusion mate?

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

jeb
    jeb is offline New Member
    Stay on it for as long as you an afford it. I will be doing G.H. untill the day I day die.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    HGH is designed for treatment of certain medical conditions. Therefore you are not suposed to be using HGH at all, so the more you use it the more of a chance there is you may do some harm to your body.

Generally the use of HGH for 1 year straight wouldn't cause any major harm, however, if you start taking higher doses long term then you could experience some horrible side effects. Having said this, if you start feeling sides you can't handle, either lower the dose or discontinue use immidietly.

-Gear

shooting15 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    HGH is designed for treatment of certain medical conditions. Therefore you are not suposed to be using HGH at all, so the more you use it the more of a chance there is you may do some harm to your body.
    -Gear
    This quote just doesn't make any logical sense. Because it is a treatment for certain conditions does not mean that it is not effective for other conditions...unless you believe in the omniscience of the FDA. And just because the FDA says I am not supposed to use it does not mean that it will do harm to my body.

Yes, it is entirely possible that high doses will cause negative effects. Reasonably low doses have shown no such problems. I've been using it every day for 8 years, without any ill effects, and I expect to continue using it for the rest of my life, unless something even better comes along.

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    How do you know it's having no ill effects? Have you had your pituitary checked? How do you think it would act if you suddenly stopped using GH? Do you think it would just start producing it's own GH again after being suppressed and supplemented for so long? GH was developed for people with a deficiency. Not for healthy adults. There's a thing called pituitary gigantism from prolonged GH therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by shooting15 View Post
    This quote just doesn't make any logical sense.
    How so? HGH is medicine, like any other medicine. Every type of medicine is manufactured for certain conditions. How is that hard to understand?

Because it is a treatment for certain conditions does not mean that it is not effective for other conditions
    What other conditions? And it may be effective for sport enhancing purposes, but there are side effects to come with it.

just because the FDA says I am not supposed to use it does not mean that it will do harm to my body.
    So why does FDA say not to use it (unless for medical reasons)? Because this type of drug carries side effects if used for any other reason(s). You may not get these sides, but other people do.

I wouldn't be so sure that the use of HGH is totally side effect free. If that's what you think, think again.

Yes, it is entirely possible that high doses will cause negative effects. Reasonably low doses have shown no such problems.
    And where did you find that info? High or low doses of HGH can lead to side effects, that is a fact. Even when HGH is used for medical reasons, the patient can experience side effects even then.

I've been using it every day for 8 years, without any ill effects, and I expect to continue using it for the rest of my life, unless something even better comes along.
    That's really good, but like I said, don't be so sure that HGH will not effect your body in a negative way, because it can.

-Gear

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    How so? HGH is medicine, like any other medicine. Every type of medicine is manufactured for certain conditions. How is that hard to understand?

What other conditions? And it may be effective for sport enhancing purposes, but there are side effects to come with it.

So why does FDA say not to use it (unless for medical reasons)? Because this type of drug carries side effects if used for any other reason(s). You may not get these sides, but other people do.

I wouldn't be so sure that the use of HGH is totally side effect free. If that's what you think, think again.

And where did you find that info? High or low doses of HGH can lead to side effects, that is a fact. Even when HGH is used for medical reasons, the patient can experience side effects even then.

That's really good, but like I said, don't be so sure that HGH will not effect your body in a negative way, because it can.

-Gear

Gear, I definitley agree with you on this...but I am curious to know what side effects you feel can come about with GH use long term for years even at a low dose?

Cancer,diabetes,acr*****ly maybe?? even at a low dose.. say 1-2iu ed? I don't know...thats for sure

Quote Originally Posted by fossilfuel7 View Post
    Gear, I definitley agree with you on this...but I am curious to know what side effects you feel can come about with GH use long term for years even at a low dose?

Cancer,diabetes,acr*****ly maybe?? even at a low dose.. say 1-2iu ed? I don't know...thats for sure
    When it comes to side effects, you can't "pin point" what sides apply for what doses. However, we do know that HGH use (high or low doses) can cause side effects. I agree that long term use at higher doses is more than likely to cause more severe sides, but this does not mean taking low doses for shorter amount of time is safe. Let's look at smoking for example. My uncle smokes almost 50 cigarattes per day, and he has been smoking this much for the last 30 years, no sign of health issues. On the other hand, there are many who smoke a lot less than that and who have been smoking for a lot less time but have ended up with lung cancer. Do you see what I am getting at? And with drugs such as HGH, you're not going to realise anything serious until years down the track. When it comes to side effects it all depends on the individual.

-Gear

fossilfuel7 is offline Member
    When it comes to side effects, you can't "pin point" what sides apply for what doses. However, we do know that HGH use (high or low doses) can cause side effects. I agree that long term use at higher doses is more than likely to cause more severe sides, but this does not mean taking low doses for shorter amount of time is safe. Let's look at smoking for example. My uncle smokes almost 50 cigarattes per day, and he has been smoking this much for the last 30 years, no sign of health issues. On the other hand, there are many who smoke a lot less than that and who have been smoking for a lot less time but have ended up with lung cancer. Do you see what I am getting at? And with drugs such as HGH, you're not going to realise anything serious until years down the track. When it comes to side effects it all depends on the individual.

-Gear
    Yeah..you make a very good point. The only possible side effects that scare me are diabetes and cancer...and supposedly you can avoid diabetes with proper diet..but, cancer nobody has any proof that it will cause it or will not cause it.

Like you mentioned with smoking cigarettes and getting health issues.....it's basically a gamble regarding how your long term health will end up from long term GH use.

Ok well besides the pituitary gigantism which I already mentioned. Acr*****ly is the most common side effect. My hands and feet are larger just from 6 months of use. GH can also cause existing tumors to grow in size not to mention organs which we know as GH gut.

fossil,

HGH won't develop cancer, but it will accelerate the growth of any present cancerous cells which were there prior to HGH use. This is why I always say anyone who is using HGH should get checked for cancerous cells.

-Gear

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ZaneFan View Post
    Do it for as long as you can afford it. If you are not doing it for bodybuilding purposes then you can lower the dose a bit. People who do it for health benefits, life extension, etc do not cycle.
    this might not be the correct but I say long term for as long as you can afford

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    this might not be the correct but I say long term for as long as you can afford
    i concur as long as cancer or any type of abnormal cell growth is not a common trait among ur family .. last thing u wanna do is hasten ur trek towards a hole in the ground.

The sentences I was referring to as making no logical sense were, "HGH is designed for treatment of certain medical conditions. Therefore you are not suposed to be using HGH at all..." Just because HGH is specified to deal with dwarfism does not imply that you should not use it for anything else, it only means that it hasn't been approved as effective for off-label conditions. And since "not having big enough muscles" is not likely to ever be approved, you can expect it to remain that way.

Well, of course there are side effects. Every drug has side effects, so your statements, while true, carry no useful information. Vitamin A is toxic at high levels -- does that mean you should not take vitamin A? Niacin will make you skin flush uncomfortably at high levels -- does that mean you should not take Niacin?

What matters is whether sufficiently negative side effects show up at reasonable doses. I maintain that typically they do not. In some people they do, and those people should drop their dose or discontinue entirely. For the rest of us, indications of harm from HGH are very scarce.

No, I have not had my pituitary "checked", as one poster asked. I'm not sure how you do that. But I have stopped HGH use for a couple of months on 3 occasions. My IGF levels decreased some, as expected, and then went back up once I started up again. There is no reason to believe that I have problems with my pituitary.

Comparing HGH use to nicotine use is also misleading. HGH is a hormone produced naturally in your body, and nicotine is not. While this is not a proof, it does lead one to suspect that simply boosting the body's natural levels is likely to cause few problems -- much less likely, I would say, than introducing a completely foreign substance.

HGH won't develop cancer, but it will accelerate the growth of any present cancerous cells which were there prior to HGH use. This is why I always say anyone who is using HGH should get checked for cancerous cells.
    While this statement certainly outlines the safest route, it may not be very helpful. The right question to ask is whether HGH accelerates the growth of
    cancer cells more than normal cells. I am not aware of any evidence that it does. And since I believe that increased growth hormone levels are generally beneficial to my health in many ways, it is not unreasonable to suspect that HGH is a net benefit even if I am susceptible to cancer, or at least it is neutral.

So you may more easily label me as a nut-case risk-taker, I'll tell you that I have had several basal cell carcinomas removed from my skin, starting from before I began taking HGH, and continuing to this day. If I thought that HGH would make my cancer worse, I would discontinue it...but I don't think so, even though I cannot prove it...it's a judgement that I have to make based on what evidence I can find...and all of you need to do the same, in your own way.

HGH is no drug to play around with. If you use HGH, there are serious potential side effects which could occur down the track wether you use high or low doses. Every HGH user should be ware of this.

As said in one of my posts, of course higher doses carry a higher risk, however this does not mean low doses for extended period of time is safe. Some get away with using HGH for a long time without any health issues, some do not. HGH is not 100% side effect free (regardless of dose) therefore you are a "nut-case-risk-taker", and that's something I will never become because my health comes first even if the chances of having health issues down the track are low.

In a situation such as yours, you are taking a risk my friend. Even though you have had no issues so far you are still taking a risk, and it doesn't matter if you are taking lower doses. You can't possibly be certain that you won't have health issues down the track if end up using HGH for the rest of your life, and you need to come to terms with that.

This thread is not going to turn into an argument, but I have stated what I believe and so have you.

Good luck.

-Gear

Gear, your approach is certainly more conservative than mine. I don't have an argument with that, every person must decide on the level of risk that they are comfortable with. In my case, based on all of the evidence that I have examined and on my history with HGH, I believe that the benefits that HGH provides to my long-term health are worth the risk of undesireable side effects. The only negative effect I have personally found is the hole burned in my wallet.

What I do not believe is that the "authorities" (name your favorite) have any desire to help us achieve optimal health. Some subscribe to the notion of "first, do no harm", and it appears that you agree with that to some extent. On the other hand, since you moderate this forum it appears that you endorse the use of HGH and other substances as performance enhancers on at least a temporary (cycling) basis. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have little interest in products that must be cycled. If they are so bad for my body that they can only be used for 12 weeks, then they may not be worth using for even one day. I prefer to use substances that I am willing to employ for the rest of my life, in the belief that they provide a net benefit.

GEAR is the moderator of the GH slin forum yes. Nowhere have I ever seen him suggest cycling GH for 12 weeks. I think it's great that you have the means to run Gh indefinitely because it does have many healthy benefits, but I also feel it does have it's risks. I think it would be prudent in the least to consult a physician from time to time.

Gear, your approach is certainly more conservative than mine. I don't have an argument with that, every person must decide on the level of risk that they are comfortable with. In my case, based on all of the evidence that I have examined and on my history with HGH, I believe that the benefits that HGH provides to my long-term health are worth the risk of undesireable side effects. The only negative effect I have personally found is the hole burned in my wallet.

What I do not believe is that the "authorities" (name your favorite) have any desire to help us achieve optimal health. Some subscribe to the notion of "first, do no harm", and it appears that you agree with that to some extent. On the other hand, since you moderate this forum it appears that you endorse the use of HGH and other substances as performance enhancers on at least a temporary (cycling) basis. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I have little interest in products that must be cycled. If they are so bad for my body that they can only be used for 12 weeks, then they may not be worth using for even one day. I prefer to use substances that I am willing to employ for the rest of my life, in the belief that they provide a net benefit.
    I don't ever suggest HGH should be cycled short term. If you do a search and come across my posts you will see I always advise users HGH should be used long term (6 months to a year, even two years is good), but I never suggest one should use HGH for the rest of the their life. Call me old fashioned, but I always like to take the safe path.

I think we understand eachother. You understand there are risks involved and you are taking a risk, and I believe these ricks defenitely exist.

As Jersey mentioned above, if you are taking HGH for years, you should defenitely be seeing a medical practitoner every now and then. It doesn't hurt to go for a check up.

Just be carefull.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyboy View Post
    I think it would be prudent in the least to consult a physician from time to time.
    You are certainly correct. I have complete blood tests taken every 4 months, and see my doctor immediately afterwards. We go over the results together, and he recommends any tweaks to the protocols that might be helpful. After all, he is the one who prescribes this stuff.

When something shows up that rfaises questions, we might do an in-depth series of tests to track down the reason. For example, tests on my liver enzymes have always been higher than desired. We tested for hepatitis, HIV, and anything else we could think of, and finally decided that we don't know why they are a little higher than we would like, so we just keep a watch on them. One time my PSA shot up, so we decided to wait until the next test, when it returned to its normal low level.

If you can find a doctor who will help you, it is always useful to have an expert to keep you out of trouble.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow, there seems to be many conflicting comments on here. Some of them are quite funny. In any event, HGH can certainly be used year around, especially when using 5IU's per day. Who ever told you to cycle it, has never discussed HGH with a physician and has no clinical expertise or understanding of the compound.

Good luck and thank you for posting this. I had no idea how many uninformed readers we had. Thank goodness there are enough experienced individuals to help you filter through the crap.

Good to know your on top of your bloodwork. If you had commited yourself to lifelong GH therapy without seeing a doc I would think something was wrong with you. My doc is a friend of the family and she knows what I do. She does the bloodwork in the office every couple months and keeps me up to date. My kidney values are always a bit above normal but that's from the AAS. Other than that I'm good to go.
    The high liver values could just be from training itself. Does your doc ever talk about this having an effect on the pituitary gland or thyroid hormone?

Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    Wow, there seems to be many conflicting comments on here. Some of them are quite funny. In any event, HGH can certainly be used year around, especially when using 5IU's per day. Who ever told you to cycle it, has never discussed HGH with a physician and has no clinical expertise or understanding of the compound.

Good luck and thank you for posting this. I had no idea how many uninformed readers we had. Thank goodness there are enough experienced individuals to help you filter through the crap.
    Physicians rarely have any experience with GH when it's used for bodybuilding.

Thread Information