GearIdentity is offline Associate Member

HGH and thyroid problems

I have a women friend in her 50's, who started taking HGH about 2 yrs ago. she developed thyroid disfunctions during her HGH treatment (we were unaware of any problems, clinic failed to realize the problem so she didnt take any thyroid medication during treatment), after the thyroid problem she continued the hgh until she went to her regular physician who was the one who noticed the deficiencies in her thyroid. He recommeded her take medication, I didnt think it would be neccessary due to thyroid problems arising from HGH therapy so I just asked her to discontinue HGH treatment and test herself again 16 weeks later. Her thyroid had still not recovered so she felt that she needed to begin her thyroid meds. How long would her thyroid take to normalize after HGH treatment. We're not sure what to do here but I have a feeling her thyroid should have recovered by now or somewhat improved. Please help, we have no one else to ask....everyone seems to be in the dark on hgh and its effects.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    What your saying makes perfect sense as HGH will lower your T4, and this is why it is recomended to take T4 while on a HGH cycle. Her doctors should be aware of this.

It's very hard to say how long the problem will stick around for as many other factors must be taken into account.

She is best of speaking with her physician about what she needs to do.

-Gear

hugovsilva is offline Anabolic Member
    That does not surprise me as HGH is well not to decrease thyroid function, that's why Gear says its good to supplement with T4 during HGH treatment.

From what I have read, thyroid is a very resilient organ and one of the quickest to recover after shutdown, but she better keep following it up.

GearIdentity is offline Associate Member
    She has stopped the HGH, after 16 weeks of discontinuing the hgh her levels were still off so shes already on her T4 meds. I guess she will never know if her thyroid will recover since she already began the medication. ALso, from what I understand, women have a much harder time recovering from thyroid meds. Thanx for the help guys.

Thread Information