SFMikeS is offline New Member

SOMATOTROPIN vs SOMATROPIN?

What's the difference between these 2? I have done some reading and understand that somatotropin is the earlier kind developed from cadavers and somatropin is made differently now. The thing that struck me was the reason for the change to somatropin was a risk of transferring some wierd disease from the cadavers to a live subject. Can anybody educate me a little more?

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    In the early 1950's, the only way to manufacture HGH was to remove the pituitary gland from cadavers which would then be processed and made in injectible form. Back then this was the only way HGH could be produced, but little did they know their method of manufacturing HGH lead to many different nasty diseases. When they realised the potential risks, they discontinued manufacturing HGH in such way.

Since this type of HGH was discontinued many years ago you are more than likely to never see it, but unfortunately it seems that there is still a bit of this stuff floating around Russia.

Nowdays, things are a lot different. HGH is now bioidentical and made in a lab. This type of HGH is named Somatropin and is the best stuff available so far.

-Gear

Thread Information