jg42058p is offline Member

My friend DIED from USING INSULIN AS AN ANABOLIC

Let this be a warning to you guys.

INSULIN CAN KILL YOU

My friend said he was using 10iu's PWO and wanted to go try a little more

I told him using more then 10iu's is dangerous and potentially lethal. He didn't listen to me and now he's DEAD.

I talked to his parents and they told me it was an insulin overdose that killed him.

I'm never touching the stuff again... especially considering how much potential fat gain there is with it, and the fact that it isn't as powerful as steroids just makes it not worth the risk in my opinion

I hope everyone here gives insulin a second thought. Your life is your responsibility. Dont throw it away.

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry to hear this and yes insulin can kill you if misused.
    this is not a drug for the novice user and unless you are at a pro level its just not worth the doing. The risk to benefit ration is way out of balance.

NotSmall is offline English Rudeboy
    Quote Originally Posted by cj1capp View Post
    Sorry to hear this and yes insulin can kill you if misused.
    this is not a drug for the novice user and unless you are at a pro level its just not worth the doing. The risk to benefit ration is way out of balance.
    I'm sorry but I think that statement is a bit silly.

I really don't want to offend the thread starter but IMO you'd have to be pretty retarded to accidentally die from insulin use.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sorry to hear that.

Whats up NotSmall?

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by NotSmall View Post

I really don't want to offend the thread starter but IMO you'd have to be pretty retarded to accidentally die from insulin use.
    no offense taken... but he may have just forgotten to take the carbs. im not sure... but it depends on how sensitive you are to it as well. everyones different.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    im well aware this is possible but its hard for an experianced user like your friend to actually die from 11ius. obviously he was running 10ius before so im sure he had his carbs ready to go. when exactly did he die and what city was it in?
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion
    PT is a fictional character and all posts are for entertainment purposes only.

Jeff1 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    That is why I will never touch that crap..

Sorry for your loss

Quote Originally Posted by PT View Post
    im well aware this is possible but its hard for an experianced user like your friend to actually die from 11ius. obviously he was running 10ius before so im sure he had his carbs ready to go. when exactly did he die and what city was it in?
    It was in NYC and it happened a week and a half ago...

His parents found the insulin in his room... they said he passed out and just didn't wake up... was pronounced dead 6 hours later when his heart had stopped

I really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I talked to a doctor about using insulin as an anabolic and he was telling me that if you do happen to go into a coma/have a seizure and you SURVIVE you could be left with permanent brain damage... You dont want to end up like a vegetable the rest of your life. Its just not worth the risk.

NotSmall i understand your point and the evidence supports your position. that is most deaths from inulin misuse are caused by intentional overdose that is suicide by insulin . Never the less there are reported deaths from insulin accidental misuse. For the novice user of AAS and other supplements I cant think of any substance other than insulin that with a single use has the potential to kill you with just that one use. As I said the number of deaths from insulin use are very small but risk to benefit ratio keeps me satisfied with my good old AAS.

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    ^^^ agreed

t_c_1 is offline New Member
    Sorry jg42058p to hear that. I played before with slin but I always used my glucometer as all the mates recomanded...

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Sorry to hear that, certainly makes you think twice about using drugs.

It sounds like he didn't consume enough carbohydrates which would have lowered his blood glucose to the point where he would have fell in a diabetic coma. Once you fall into that type of coma all sort of nasty things can happen such as lack of oxygen to the brain which can lead to brain damage, so even if he woke up he would have been brain damaged.

May he rest in peace.

-Gear

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    im sorry to hear about your friend .... but i have been on 10ius and as long as you have carbs ready and some glyco tabs ready just in case you should be safe....Did he jump right on 10ius? or did e start low and ramp up ..and was he on HGH?

Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post

Whats up NotSmall?

Hey buddy, all good my end - you?

PT
    the first time i used slin i didnt consume enough carbs and was driving back from the gym when it hit me. i started to get really sweaty then was really confused almost to the point were i couldnt drive but managed to make it home just intime to consume a large amount of carbs. i have been running slin on and off since and now that i know what my body can handle i never feel a thing from it.
    source checks- 200 posts and 6 month membership min. entirely within my discretion

t_c_1 is offline New Member
    When I do slin protocol, my wife are always affraid because I always feel tired and sleepy ... even with lots of carbs...

Accidents do happen but it's very rare for a death to occur due to insulin use as your body will go through hell before you really start enetring that "critical zone", and by then it's not rocket science to figure out what you need to do in order to pull yourself out of that situatation. So, the way I see it is he either had absolutely no idea about how to use insulin (carb consumption post injection mainly) or there was something else to blame for his death.

Once again, very sorry for your losses.

-Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust View Post
    ^^^ agreed
    thanks Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gear View Post
    Accidents do happen but it's very rare for a death to occur due to insulin use as your body will go through hell before you really start enetring that "critical zone", and by then it's not rocket science to figure out what you need to do in order to pull yourself out of that situatation. So, the way I see it is he either had absolutely no idea about how to use insulin (carb consumption post injection mainly) or there was something else to blame for his death.

Once again, very sorry for your losses.

-Gear
    My point exactly - if put somewhat more eloquently!

Narkissos is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~Diet Guru~
    Blog Entries

Agreed.

I dont see that we disagree to any significant extent.I have stated the facts many deaths related from insulin are suicide . Fact, one event is all it takes to end your life slip into DKA have your o2 levels de-saturate and wake as a vegetable. Many bros on this board are above average intelligence and have taken the time to educate them selves I have addresses these words to the novice user , why risk it.
    With more than 7 years as a F/F medic and over 20 years in healTH care i have seen 8 OR 10 people suffer irreversible harm due to DKA . I have only seen one death so i would agree with you "have to be pretty retarded to accidentally die from insulin use."But i still maintain why risk it?

I dont see that we disagree to any significant extent.I have stated the facts many deaths related from insulin are suicide . Fact, one event is all it takes to end your life slip into DKA have your o2 levels de-saturate and wake as a vegetable. Many bros on this board are above average intelligence and have taken the time to educate them selves I have addresses these words to the novice user , why risk it.
    With more than 7 years as a F/F medic and over 20 years in healTH care i have seen 8 OR 10 people suffer irreversible harm due to DKA . I have only seen one death so i would agree with you "have to be pretty retarded to accidentally die from insulin use."But i still maintain why risk it?
    OK so over the 20 yrs that you've been in healthcare how many other causes of irreversable harm have you seen occur 8 or 10 times? - LOADS I bet - have you also decided to never do any of those as well?

For instance I bet you've seen more than 8 or 10 road traffic accidents resulting in "irreversable harm" - bet you still drive or travel in motor vehicles...

You can die from an idiosyncratic reaction to parecetamol for God's sake.

you are correct in all that you say ,I leave it at that. To each his own.
    Respect. cj

thanks for the support everyone.

I just wanted to post this because I really hope no one else has the same fate as my buddy did.

I know he would go jogging a lot after he lifted, and I suspect he might have gone jogging after lifting that day, making his blood sugar extra low post work out... I'm not sure what exactly happened because his parents didn't really want to talk about it with anyone. He may have just forgotten the carbs in time and thought he had enough when he really didn't. Im not sure. But his parents said they found used needles in his room and a bottle of insulin in his refridgerator... apparently he had actually told his parents he was using insulin as an anabolic ...

OH REALLY is offline Banned
    He lost a friend and now he is trying to help us be safe R.I.P. and im sorry for your loss Thank you for sharing.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Note to self, never play with insulin . *check

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Hey buddy, all good my end - you?
    Pretty good buddy, glad to see you around. Were trying to get things back the way they were so try to pop in more often !!!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

you are correct in all that you say ,I leave it at that. To each his own.
    Respect. cj
    The respect is mutual my man and I'd just like to make it clear that I'm not trying to promote the use of insulin , I just think the dangers are grossly exaggerated most of the time.

Again - my sympathies to the threadstarter.

Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Pretty good buddy, glad to see you around. Were trying to get things back the way they were so try to pop in more often !!!
    Sounds good to me bud - I always keep an eye on the place!

stpete is offline Banned
    That's too bad man. Sorry for your loss.

Wink

The respect is mutual my man and I'd just like to make it clear that I'm not trying to promote the use of insulin , I just think the dangers are grossly exaggerated most of the time.

Again - my sympathies to the threadstarter.

Sounds good to me bud - I always keep an eye on the place!
    Thank you NotSmall.

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    the first time i used slin i didnt consume enough carbs and was driving back from the gym when it hit me. i started to get really sweaty then was really confused almost to the point were i couldnt drive but managed to make it home just intime to consume a large amount of carbs. i have been running slin on and off since and now that i know what my body can handle i never feel a thing from it.
    keep a damn candy bar or something in your gym bag if you have to drive home after working out and taking your slin.never know when you will be stuck in traffic,i always kept glycogen in my bag but Fk slin,its useless if you ask me

go ahead ask me.....

sorry bout your friend bro but its a choice we all have made and have to live with the consiquences,whatever they may be

inkslinger is offline Associate Member
    sorry to hear bro

PT
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG View Post
    keep a damn candy bar or something in your gym bag if you have to drive home after working out and taking your slin.never know when you will be stuck in traffic,i always kept glycogen in my bag but Fk slin,its useless if you ask me

go ahead ask me.....

sorry bout your friend bro but its a choice we all have made and have to live with the consiquences,whatever they may be
    why do you feel slin is useless? as for my story, thats when i was a newbie and im well aware of what to do now. i was young and dumb back then and didnt have the info thats out ther now

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    FYI....DKA is diabetic keto acidosis.....that is...your sugar is high....which is NOT caused by too much insulin....and this takes SEVERAL days to kill you

I think you were trying to say insulin shock or hypoglycemia caused by too much insulin which can happen in MINUTES

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    and yes I disagree with you insulin haters...I use it...i love it...it is my most valuable tool in my arsenal...

I also am an RN...I know what insulin/diabetic shock is...I see it DAILY...You have to be ignorant to use it incorrectly...ignorance being "lack of knowledge"

and to you CJ1CAPP....I would hate to be your patient if you dont know the difference between insulin shock and DKA....20 years my ass....lol 20 years as a tech maybe

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    why do you feel slin is useless? as for my story, thats when i was a newbie and im well aware of what to do now. i was young and dumb back then and didnt have the info thats out ther now
    SLIN is great for nutrient uptake pwo and ppwo(so it reads that way anyhow)..as for size and weight gain....worthless

do a search,a few yrs ago I ran it for 17months straight 12ius pwo (yes,no breaks),documented everything,running with a ton of gear,IGF..etc,diet was dialed in also,when i stopped using slin,I lost a total of 5lbs

not worth the agrivation

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG View Post
    SLIN is great for nutrient uptake pwo and ppwo(so it reads that way anyhow)..as for size and weight gain....worthless
    A big to that.

-Gear

Luuke is offline Junior Member
    Sorry to hear about your loss....

I'm a FF/Medic and i see Hypoglycemic patients all the time at work. MOst are lucky that they are not by themselves and have others to call 911 if anything happens. It's amazing to see their face when they become conscious again and have no clue why they are on the floor or why "we" are there!

This is very dangerous hormone and you should always keep some glucose tabs or some type of dextrose with you. I hope you guys driving home with the insulin in your system are careful....I just had a guy nearly take out 3 children while driving home, luckily he struck the parked cars but sometimes your sugar will drop quicker than you think!

Be safe!
    '

P.S.

i've been using some Slin for sometime now, I love it but i have to plan my day and workouts around it! I've made some nice gains and strength gains with it compared to just using Test (TRT dose)
    Last edited by Luuke; 10-03-2008 at 02:27 PM. Reason: ..

Thread Information