mick86 is offline Member

Question Can insulin be acquired legally in Australia without prescription?

I am currently running a cycle which includes Novo Rapid, I initially acquired more than enough before starting, but now I wish to use more of it and run it longer. To make matters worse I stored one of the pens upside down overnight with the needle tip still in (got the tip from a different brand pen, it wasnt the best fit) and some how lost over half of it. I still have around 450IU left but want more, and I'm not sure if the guy who I got it off has more. I have another guy who can get it from (though not sure what sort, it apparently will come in vials).

I was wondering if like over in the USA some forms of Insulin can be acquired legally without prescription. I asked at one pharmacy and the answer seemed to be no.

What do you guys think, Gear I'm assuming that you would know, you're Australian after all.

Thanks

yarakefendi is offline Associate Member
    hey mick
    the only insulin i would use and have used in the past was the Humalog by lilly, it is on script tho im pretty certain all insulin preperations are on script in australia.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Hey Mick, you need a prescription to obtain insulin in Australia mate. 450IU should still last you a while though. Just find someone who is diabetic and rade their fridge

-Gear

mick86 is offline Member
    Yeah I had a feeling that would be the case, thanks for that. Thanks guys

450 IU will last a while so long as I only use it post workout, and around 4 days per week, 3 weeks on, 1 week off (and don't loose any more to leakage).

I've actually transferred what was left from the leaking pen into a syringe/barrel and I'm just drawing it out from there, then sealing it with an unused capped needle and putting that in the fridge. My other option is to transfer it all into an empty vial, I tried using an old test vial but despite my best efforts to completely remove all of the test, when I added a little Insulin it went milky white.

I would need to obtain an unused sterile mufti dose vial, but then you blunt the needle every time you draw out, and as you know insulin needle tips are not interchangeable so I don't think I will bother with that.

SmittyTheOX is offline Member
    Id just look at getting some more pens bud.

I dont like the idea of reusing old vials and all that jazz.

mick86 is offline Member
    If I get more pens I also need to get more pen needles. I'm not sure if I can just go into a pharmacy and buy them, I guess its worth a shot. I'm happy using a barrel to store it in. Also I have a friend who ius able to get me an unused sterile vial in a day or two if I want it.

Thread Information